Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December '08 Bandsters?

I went to the doctor today for my one week post op. I lost 15lbs. Now I graduated to mashed potatos and farina/oatmeal. Yay, I can start to eat.

In about 12 hrs it will be a week out for me. I can't even think of eating mashed potatoes. I just graduated to Protein Shakes and they fill me up unbelievably. I am now off the Vicoden and am pretty sore inside and around the port incision. I go back to work tomorrow.

Went out and got some groceries today. I made s/f instant pudding with soy milk...it didn"t thicken up at all...Live and Learn.

I am on liquids for another week and a half.

I do find I cannot breath in very deeply...and when I do I get pain in my chest and get a side ache that stays with me. I guess I need to do more walking.

Hi All, Been Busy but wanted to let you know- life returns!! Saw the Surgeon on the 17th and all is well. have an appt for my 1st fill mid January, Am losing not quite a # a day but haven;t been exercising - fell on my bad knee so stopped and now it is so ICY, i am really not moving fast...

I had my first post-op today.... down 10lbs. Got advanced to soft foods- and drove through McD's on my 3 hour drive home (just like old times) and had one of their little parfaits (which is not like old times!) and it was perfect. Still not hungry, at all, which I'm enjoying for now! I am also enjoying rediscovering Soup, which i have bypassed in recent years in favor of more substantial fare. Bought a camera today and (belatedly) took my before photos.

Only 20lbs to go to reach my first substantial goal- that will be meeting BMI criteria for 'overweight' rather than obese.... can't wait to see the word 'obese' disappear from my medical chart!

Congrats to all who have made it through their surgery and first week(s)!

n2u1977: we're banding twins.....actually there are about 6 of us having surgery on the 23rd, that i know of. check out my Dec 23rd thread on this forum too. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/december-23rd-bandsters-82191/

i am hoping i can still go ahead with my surgery as i have a cold....sometimes they won't let you go under with a cold...we'll see. if not and i have to reschedule i will be BUMMED!!!

good luck to all of us today:thumbup:

n2u1977 you will be fine! I am one week post op tomorrow and I feel good. You will have a super dry mouth with a nasty taste in it but that will go away. I suggest a heating pad for you shoulders (if u get the gas) and for your tummy. It's my life saver!!! Remember lots of Water, eventhough you may not want it. Just get sleep, take your meds! I felt like I was in heaven in recovery. The next morning was real BUT 2 days post op it all started to get better. you will be okay!!!! And then you will realize why you made this GREAT decesion :eek:

GOOD LUCK!:thumbup:

Well everyone, I'm a bandster! I actually feel pretty decent. Nothing out of the norm of what I've expected: soreness. I'm not hungry and haven't had gas pains. Hopefully this is not the calm before the storm.

Nicci63-Are we twins? Did you get your surgery?

Thanks for all of the support!

I am banded now. Got my the 22. I am in a lot of pain because I can not take vicodin or codine. They gave my Darvocet, but I have to crush and take, but I tried. It was too bitter. So I am 1-2 days out of hospital and can't take any pain meds. Does anyone else know what I can take for SOME pain releaf that is liquid? HELP!!!???

ALS 74, There is liquid Tylenol for adults you can get at Walgreens or your drug store. It isn't as potent as with codeine but it may take the edge off. You should be able to tolerate this. Also, get some rest. It helps.

Well everyone, I'm a bandster! I actually feel pretty decent. Nothing out of the norm of what I've expected: soreness. I'm not hungry and haven't had gas pains. Hopefully this is not the calm before the storm.

Nicci63-Are we twins? Did you get your surgery?

Thanks for all of the support!

HEY we're twins, i did it!! Nicci

Recovery continues to go well. no real pain, no gas pains, no hunger...just thirsty. would like to sleep better but that will come. how soon can i lay on my side? i don't have any sensation at any of my incisions, thanks to the ON-Q painbuster ball, that thing ROCKS....:thumbup:

kids are at grandmas house, and i am going up today to spend christmas with them..not driving, someone is picking me up. then home on my own for a couple more days recovery without the kids i hope. we'll see how long grandma can cope.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone, God bless, and take good care. here's to a healthier new year! Nicci:wink_smile:

I wanted to wish all the December bandsters a Very Merry Christmas and this is the best christmas present we can give ourselves our health. Everyone keep up the good work and lets take one day at time and get to our goal. I am on day 10 and feeling great. My doc said I can go on mushies did anyone go on mushies that soon? You just hear so many different things.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays bandsters. I was banded on the 16th and I started mushies on tuesday, one week after the surgery.

Hi guys - have you now had your surgeries? I had mine on the 19th Dec and I was looking to find a few people who are at the same time to compare situations and make sure there was someone to talk to when things start getting harder. Let me know.