Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December '08 Bandsters?

I'm having surgery on dec 23rd too, we have our own thread started for dec 23rd bandsters too if you want to join us!! best of luck on our band day!! nicci

Banded 12/2/08 in Monterey, Mexico. Didn't have to do a preop diet, and I still have lost 11 pounds at 1 week post op. Those of you who are awaiting surgery - you are going to be so happy and relieved! The surgery is pretty easy with minimal discomfort. The diet is basic and simple, all you have to do is follow it. Right at first you may have some hunger issues - drink lots of Water and it will go away. After one week, I am not experiencing any hunger. I tried to go back to work on 12/7, but I became too tired and my abdomen started swelling. Went home to bed and the next day I was able to go to church. Decided to take it a little slower and I feel much better. Good luck!

Nicci

That would be cool, then we could commiserate with each other on where we are in the healing process :lol:

Less than a week to go! I'm surprised Pete hasn't come back into this thread? Many ICS picked him up at the border? :lol:

I am in New Jersey and I started this journey in March, I had to do the 6 month nutritionist and then I got denied, we appealed it and the insurance company finally approved it. I only have to do one day liquid diet. I am looking so forward to tuesday. Finally.

Hi Mair...I'm guessing that's a twist on Mary? I have a favorite cousin named Mary and I always refer to her as "Mair."

I'm so happy for you that you fought the system and won! Congratulations! You're almost there!

I was fortunate not to have to do a pre-op diet...just had to lose 10% of my EBW (10 lbs) and I've done that. I've been moderately enjoying some yummy "last meals" while exercising more so I get the best of both worlds. I wanted to have a bit of wiggle room so I'm down 13 pounds, but also wanted to indulge a bit before surgery during the holidays. Thanksgiving was great and I have no qualms about missing Christmas dinner this year! They'll be many more (and happier) Christmas' to come!

Best of luck to you come Tuesday. I'll say a prayer for the both of us!

Hello I am getting banded on Dec 17th. I have been very excited up to this point. Now--the closer it gets the more concerned I am becoming about my willpower, being hungry, etc. I am especially worried about this pre-surgery liquid diet.

I hope to stick to it and not see my family as good menu choices (haha-joking)

:lol:

Hi Peaches...you're the day after me. I'm very excited as well! How long is your pre-op diet? Mine is two days Clear liquids. I'm not thrilled about the prospect, but I'm not dreading it either. And I have found that with each passing day my nerves are keeping me from having that "gotta eat it" feeling. I suspect that the two days prior to surgery will be anxious enough to curb my appetite. Do you suspect the same with you?

Loved the visual I got of imaging your family as food! Reminds me of Alex the Lion in Madagascar when he imagined all the animals as steaks!

Good luck to you!

Less than a week to go! I'm surprised Pete hasn't come back into this thread? Many ICS picked him up at the border? :)

Hey All -

I do check on this thread on a pretty regular basis. I just usually post most of my updates and stuff in the December 2008 Bandsters - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum of these forums.

It is great to see so many December Bandsters and to hear how so many people whom have had this operation already are doing so well! I know that everyone else will do well also! Stick to your pre-op diets! Get out and walk before surgery! Trust me that it has made a difference for me. My liver was small which makes a world of difference for the surgeon and I was up and walking within a couple of hours. I have been out walking everyday since and even been back to work.

I can't wait to see how everyone is doing in 6 months and beyond! Good luck to all and get down to the December forum!:lol:

I was banded on the 11th and stayed one night in hospital. The only way to go - I needed that night as I had shoulder pain and a bit of dry heaves. Helped to be there. Felt pretty poor on the 12th but then much better after I got home and took a shower in my own shower and nap in my own bed. Felt good to get that "hospital smell" off. I have not weighed since 12/11 but at that time had lost 13 on the preop diet. I know I have lost quite a bit since as I can almost feel it falling off. Today I woke up and felt the best and actually think I might be up for the day. Anyone know how I can get that ticker thing on the bottom of my message? I have tried with no luck. Good luck to all ahead and behind me in the banding process. It will be worth it that's for sure!

Great to see everyone doing good. I'm 14 days out and totally pain free. I haven't lost a pound in 3 days though and it's a little discouraging, I know this should not be a weight loss time it should be a "healing" time but at less than 1000 calories a day and 30 min a day on the treadmill I'd like to be loosing a little.

On the other hand I'm able to do things I haven't been able to do in a year or more. I buttoned my under the belly pants in place YEAA!! And I peed through my fly, Super YEAAA!!!

Sorry if this is TMI but I'm damn proud of myself.

Aside from the lack of weight loss I am still shrinking the belly is down 2 inches in the 3 days that I haven't lost any weight " not sure about the physics behind that".:tongue2:

Did anyone have troubles getting scheduled so far out in December?

I originally wanted to do the surgery in the beginning of November but due to scheduling conflicts I needed to wait until December. My surgeon didn't have his schedule set until the beginning of October so I had to wait about a month before I could finalize my surgery date. Thankfully I did get the December date that I was asking for.

How did u like Dr. Kuri? I have been reading about him and am thinking of going there for my band?

Suprise! I got a call from my surgeon's office Wednesday night saying they had a cancellation for Friday was I interested? This meant I would miss one more long week of slim-fast! So I said yes of course!

The rest was a roller-coaster of emotions...anxiety, fear...I was in Boston on business and had to fly home in time for the surgery. I made it home on time, arrived at the hospital Friday at the crack of dawn and all went smoothly. The nursing staff really put me at ease, they were awesome.

Post operatively; main pain was from positioning during surgery...I felt like I had been sleeping on a sharp rock or something...had some pain in my neck, and it felt like I had been doing lots of sit-ups and my stomach was sore but that was it! I got up and walked twice that night after surgery, walked again the next morning...and went home. They kept me over-night because I live 2.5 hours from the hospital. It's probably important to mention; I had a HUGE hiatel hernia that had to be repaired at the same time as my band. I also chose to have the REALIZE band due to the additional online support postoperatively.

Anyhow...it's my second day postop and I have had my shower and beginning to feel like a real person again! I am not hungry *except in my head....and ready to begin my new life...

Preop wt 266, ht 5'9":scared2:

no worries...:tongue2:

I found out a week and a half ago my surgery is schedules for Dec. 22. I had three days to get the shakes ordered to start my liquid diet last Monday. I feel like this is going so fast. I am very excited, and nervous. It is so sad that I am upset I didn't get to eat some foods in time before this. That is how you know you are really addicted to food.< /p>

Trying this for the first time...

weight.png

You have to cut and paste to get it to show up.

Hi hang in there everyone!! remember to drink plenty of Water before the surgery, and after. Take it easy, after but still walk . i went back to work 9 days after surgery. Feel fine but get tired. My stomach near the stitches start to hurt whenit gets to be too much.