Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December '08 Bandsters?

Hey Pete,

You are right on when you talk about Dr. Kuri and his fabulous staff. Since we were banded on the 5th together I have dropped 10lbs. I'm so excited. I have actually started to add in cottage cheese and egg beaters to my menu because I wasn't getting enough Protein. I'm still trying to get in all the liquids that they want but that was a problem even before I had the surgery. My port is the only place that bothers me now. If I move a certain way and I cant lie on that side yet, but all else is going pretty good. We will talk soon.

Saara

Hey Saara!

Good to hear from you! That is great that you have lost 10lbs already! Feels great to know the band is working for us huh! It's funny but over the weekend is when I finally have gotten tired of the liquids and pure liquids Soups and look forward to the mushies phase that we get to start on Sunday! I too am still a bit sore at my port incision. Most of my sutures have fallen off on all my other incisions. I think I have one left on those but still have all of them on my port incision. I can sleep on that side but need a pillow as a cushion over there. I have been out walking every day and look forward to stepping up the exercise routine in another month or so. Keep up the great work and it was a blast having surgery with you and the others!

Pete

I am being banded on the 17th also!!! I leave for Denver tomorrow morning and surgery Wednesday morning. I will fly home on Friday.

I am so excited to start this new part of my life!!!

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for sharing your experiences with us. I'm being banded tomorrow and I know that hearing all your positive stories have helped to ease my anxiety about the procedure. I'm really not terribly nervous, just excited and ready to get on with my new life! Hope you all have continued success and I'll look forward to getting home and getting online to read more! Take care and God bless you all!

1.5 more workdays to go :confused_smile: I'm not on a pre-surgery diet other than it was suggested to lose 10 pounds before surgery, which I did. It was also recommended to follow a low fat diet the day before, so tonight its off to get a full rack of baby back ribs. I hope after this I won't be able finish a whole rack any more. Actually I may not be able to tonight, but with my wife 7 months into her post Roo-n-y we have gotten use to carry out containers. As empty nesters we rarely cook big meals anymore unless we plan on making it stretch a few days. I have to think this process is easier with out worrying about little mouths that still need to be fed.

Hello to all and Happy Holidays!

This year I have to wait til a few days after Christmas for my gift- I am getting banded on Dec. 30th and I am very excited- and scared, of course. Anything anyone can tell me about the anisthesia, procedure and recovery would be very helpful- glad I found this site!

Take care, Stephanie:lol:

:blushing: Well, just made it through post op day 3. I had to have a HUGE hiatel hernia repaired at the time of my banding, but I really thought I would be up and back to normal more than I am at this point. I'm hungry, but seem to be satisfied with broth and popsicles so far. I am still holding lots of Fluid *about 7 pounds from pre-op weight, is that normal? I just feel kind of tired out and tummy still sore.

Not meaning to whine...just feeling a little low right now. I know I have done the right thing, just hurting and tired. any words of wisdom?

:mad2:

:blushing: Well, just made it through post op day 3. I had to have a HUGE hiatel hernia repaired at the time of my banding, but I really thought I would be up and back to normal more than I am at this point. I'm hungry, but seem to be satisfied with broth and popsicles so far. I am still holding lots of Fluid *about 7 pounds from pre-op weight, is that normal? I just feel kind of tired out and tummy still sore.

Not meaning to whine...just feeling a little low right now. I know I have done the right thing, just hurting and tired. any words of wisdom?

:mad2:

HANG IN THERE!!! I went through this same routine when I was banded. I was hungry, hurting and tired!! I went into a big slump post op day 4 & 5. I woke up in the middle of the night and all I did was cry for a few hours wondering WTH I did to myself. food and shopping were my BIGGEST friends when I got in a slump and I couldnt have either. I talked to my friend on this forum and my family and friends here at home and by the end of day 5 , I was no longer hungery and better than ever!!! SO MANY people reached out to help and coming to this site each day is my saving prayer. Im addicted, I cant wait to hear how people are doing and who has had or having their surgery. I am on post op day 12 and havent missed a beat!! 12 lbs down after suregery and my first fill is on 12/30. Keep your head up, its tough sometimes, but I promise, you WILL get through those tough times!!!

I was just banded on the 11th. I absolutely HATE the liquid diet. I get to sit around watching others eat warm solid food, while i sip on my nasty Protein shake!!!! I will be so happy when this hump is overwith.:blushing:

I got a call earlier today and my surgery has been pushed back one day. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I'm a little bummed out, as I've already prepared myself for this day for so long. So, now I am a Dec 20th bandster!

I am on the pre-surgery liquid diet and I am extremely thirsty. I am drinking constantly- more than I need to, but nothing helps. I am also very constipated (TMI) and cause ripping an bleeding every time I have a BM. Anyone else with this problem? Oh, MOM not helping.

I got a call earlier today and my surgery has been pushed back one day. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I'm a little bummed out, as I've already prepared myself for this day for so long. So, now I am a Dec 20th bandster!

Remember that everything happens for a reason...it might turn out to be a perfect day for your surgeon to do his best job! Keep all in perspective and know that you are changing your life! one day won't be remembered...

I am on the pre-surgery liquid diet and I am extremely thirsty. I am drinking constantly- more than I need to, but nothing helps. I am also very constipated (TMI) and cause ripping an bleeding every time I have a BM. Anyone else with this problem? Oh, MOM not helping.

are you measuring how much liquid you are drinking? You might not be getting all that you think you are...also try Jello and popsicles to get in additional hydration *sugar free of course.

Give your surgeon a call and see if a stool softener would be appropriate...MAKE SURE you are getting those basic 64oz a day down!

I was just banded on the 11th. I absolutely HATE the liquid diet. I get to sit around watching others eat warm solid food, while i sip on my nasty Protein shake!!!! I will be so happy when this hump is overwith.:blushing:

I don't stay in the same room with warm solid food...it's just too hard! don't do that to yourself.

HANG IN THERE!!! I went through this same routine when I was banded. I was hungry, hurting and tired!! I went into a big slump post op day 4 & 5. I woke up in the middle of the night and all I did was cry for a few hours wondering WTH I did to myself. food and shopping were my BIGGEST friends when I got in a slump and I couldnt have either. I talked to my friend on this forum and my family and friends here at home and by the end of day 5 , I was no longer hungery and better than ever!!! SO MANY people reached out to help and coming to this site each day is my saving prayer. Im addicted, I cant wait to hear how people are doing and who has had or having their surgery. I am on post op day 12 and havent missed a beat!! 12 lbs down after suregery and my first fill is on 12/30. Keep your head up, its tough sometimes, but I promise, you WILL get through those tough times!!!

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! it's day 4 post op and I am HUNGRY!!! but holding out for greater rewards in the long run!....

I should do that!