Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you get 60g of protein in a day?

I like IDS Sports New-whey liquid Protein. It is a premixed drink in a container that looks like a large test tube. 3.1 Fluid ounces in 25g and 42g Protein versions. My favorite is fruit punch. You can drink it straight (no weird taste) or mix it with Water, etc. Here is a link to see what it looks like. I bought mine at the Vitamin Shoppe.

IDS Sports New-Whey Liquid Protein, 25 g Protein (2.9 oz. vial)

I bought the Pro Performance 100% whey Protein Powder at GNC (unflavored). It is 21 grams of Protein per scoop. I mix it with my yogurt or sugar free Jello pudding. I have a Protein Shake in the morning (15 g.) and this in the evening (21g). The other 24 I easily get with the food that I am eating, and I'm only on the soft foods/mushie stage. Becky

Aloha Shamrock girl. I have one more post with the dietician, but I have been doing Atkin shakes (15 gr and add one scoop Red Mill whey protien, another 16 gr. Protein. I've also gotten used to adding a scoop of whey protein to nonfat yogurt and cream Soups. I'm very seldom hungry between meals, the protein fills me up and I'm not banded yet. I'm 58 and having a heck of a time losing. Can't wait to have surgery! Hope you are feeling good otherwise.

there is a protien drink called grand slam that has 50 g of protien in it. i believe its a 20 oz shake and doesnt taste that bad. I believe its from GNC. The other thing my surgeon suggested was to take in 3 oz of protien every hour to hit that 60 g mark. i hope that helps

I bought a case of New Whey in a tube at GNC. It is a thick liquid and has 42g of Protein in a tube. It comes in different flavors. I have tried raspberry and orange and I put it in a cup and add the same flavor crystal lite. You can't even taste it. So you have 42g protein right off the bat. Add a carnation instant Breakfast for 13g protein and you're up to 55g. Should be able to get the rest in food.< /p>

Thank you very much chicamam, for the E-Mail. I am going to give this a try. I am starting on the liquid and soft for the next month, just had another lower molar removed today and am not able to chew for the next month, so I look at it , as all working out for the best. And hopefully I can get some weight off before the surgery, so I won't have quite so much to lose.

Isopure!!! I go to the health market and buy 7 of them every Sunday. This drink comes in several different flavors (ice tea, grape, orange and many more) theru have 40 grams of protien, so by the time you drink one of those (make sure it's throughout the day, not all at once) and eat your meals you shouldn't have a problem. There are also "protien bullitts out there they have like 54 grams of protien and you can drink it in 2 big sips) The days I have that I take one gulp in the am and one in the afternoon.

I'm having trouble with the tastes of Protein powders. Where do you get the Protein bullets? Thanks!

I get my IDS New-Whey 42g Protein bullets at the Vitamin Shoppe here in Chattanooga. You can find them cheaper on the internet in larger quantities. I've been adding half of the 42g tube (fruit punch is my favorite) to 24oz of Water along with a "stick" of crystal lite. No bad taste at all - just taste like fruit punch. I drink two 24oz bottle a day, so I get 48oz of Water and 42g of Protein just from this drink. You can make up the rest of the protein you need pretty easily.

Here is a link for the IDS New-Whey at the Vitamin Shoppe website.

New Whey Liq Protein 42 Fruit by IDS Sports - VitaminShoppe.com

I get my IDS New-Whey 42g Protein bullets at the Vitamin Shoppe here in Chattanooga. You can find them cheaper on the internet in larger quantities. I've been adding half of the 42g tube (fruit punch is my favorite) to 24oz of Water along with a "stick" of crystal lite. No bad taste at all - just taste like fruit punch. I drink two 24oz bottle a day, so I get 48oz of Water and 42g of Protein just from this drink. You can make up the rest of the protein you need pretty easily.

Here is a link for the IDS New-Whey at the Vitamin Shoppe website.

New Whey Liq Protein 42 Fruit by IDS Sports - VitaminShoppe.com

Have you tried grape? Does it taste funny? I'm going to Vitamin Shoppe today to see if its cheaper in the store here or on line. THANK YOU!!!

$3.50 for singles. And you have one a day? That is over $100 a month. Even at $2.80 a day, it comes out to about $84 a month. On top of my groceries, I just can't afford that. I guess I will have to stick with my unflavored whey Protein powder and spoiling myself with good meals. Thank you very much for the information and good luck!! Becky