Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mr Sean Woodcock - Surgeon

Hi there :w00t: has anyone out there had there surgery performed by the Sean Woodcock, bariatric surgeon at North Tyneside General Hospital (excluding my newly found bandster penpal Becci)

I am attending his lap band seminar next month, and just want to know what to expect from the GREAT MAN HIMSELF, look forward to hearing from you, have a nice day !!!! :redface:

Hi there :smile: has anyone out there had there surgery performed by the Sean Woodcock, bariatric surgeon at North Tyneside General Hospital (excluding my newly found bandster penpal Becci)

I am attending his lap band seminar next month, and just want to know what to expect from the GREAT MAN HIMSELF, look forward to hearing from you, have a nice day !!!! :)

Hi

I had my band fitted by Sean on 6/9/08. He is a really nice guy. Straight talking and understanding. I felt I could tell him anything. He is always at the end of the phone if you need him and you can email him and he responds really quickly. I went to the open evening at the Nuffield in March and thats what made my decision to have the band. I have to say the Nuffield were great and Sean was very accomadating regarding timing of operation I had mine done on a Saturday so I didnt have to have too much time off work. Any questions you may have please dont hesitate to ask. Best wishes

Caroline

Hi i am meeting with him again soon hopefully i will get a surgery date ( i going for bypass) i went to a seminar and they really good. Sean is fantastic he dont beat about the bush he tells u the bad aswell as the good....he makes it clear this is no easy option. after the seminar when u see him if u decide to go ahead he is lovely. he will expect the truth from you and will know if u are telling him the truth or not, he is sooo easy to talk to very understanding, non judgemental and he can be really funny. a genuinly nice guy whom cares about his patients....

xx

Thanks Bariatric Beauty,

Its was very kind of you to reply, I guess when you are waiting for things to happen, you tend to try and get as much information as possible. Can I ask you a few more questions, if thats okay ????

How long from attending the seminar were you called back to see Sean or his nurses for the start of your tests ???

Also what kind of tests did they do and what does the psych evaluation consist of ????????

How long was it before they told you, you were eligible for surgery and what made you opt for the bypass, because thats what I would like, does Sean give you a choice, or are you just told this is what you have a chance of.

I am starting a weight management and excercise class here in Newcastle along with my swimming a few times a few, the weight is coming off, slowly, I think about 4lb in two weeks, but I am finding it difficult, have they told you of a specific weight to loose ?????

Sorry there's so many questions, but reply would be greatly appreciated, many thanks, lesley x :laugh:

Hi Lesley,

no worries about more questions, i know what it is like.....have you been to the semiar yet? how did you find it?

I was lucky enough to be seen within about six weeks of the seminar but i was also at his first back in the summer so how the land lies now for time frames i do not know.

so far i have had one meeting in which he discusses your eating habits and lifestyle this consult involves discussions around relationships with people as well as food (YOU MUST BE HONEST!!! NO MATTER HOW EMBARRASING!!!)

as for tests i had a sleep study done due to my responses on a sleep questionaire (you get this for seminar) and he has done a few blood tests but thats it so far.

if i get a surgery date when i go back he will perform a camera test to check my stomach out too. he told me on my first consult that should i be a surgical candidate that the bypass would work for me and the band wouldnt it all boils down to the type of eater you are. if both would work i think he would tell you what he would deam most appropriate but dont hesitate to tell him what you would prefer.

after he saw me he told me the weight he believed i should be able to loose in 3mth ( i am not sure if this varies but it stands at around 1stone i believe) and then he sends you away for 3months. it has been during this time i have had my sleep study. i am let to believe he will discuss my case with the rest of the team to decide if they feel i am a suitable candiadate for surgery and if they agree and i go back having lost my weight then i should get my surgery date on my next visit.

think i have covered all your questions but if you drop you want to drop your email addy on here i will email you...can swap phone numbers if you a like and meet in town for coffee if you up to it

xxxx

Hi bariatric beauty, many thanks again, my e-mail is

lesleyanngraham@btinternet.com it would be great to get in tuch with someone near my that is going through the same thing. I havent asked where abouts in the north east that you live, I am from Kenton which is only a few miles from Newcastle city centre, and I am quite near to a metro line which would be easy for me to get to meet you. Drop me a line again when you have time to spare and we will sort something out, best wishes, lesley x

Hi Jayne,

Have you heard about Acai berry supplements, they are a capsule that you take twice a day and can be bought on-line, I have been taking them for 4 weeks and they are great, they really curb your appetite, they were brought about by Oprah Winfrey, when I meet you Saturday I will tell you all about them xxxxx

hi...just came across your thread! I have a consultation with sean woodcock tomorrow and I have to admit im terrified! lol Have you had your band fitted yet? Im just down the road from you...im in westerhope

Hello everyone, I just thought I'd let you know about a fantastic support group held at wansbeck hospital on 1st Thursday of every month and also another at North Tyneside on 3rd Thursday of the month, myself and many other people who Sean has operated on are always there and we can try to answer many of your questions.

I had a gastric bypass in February and it has changed my life, best thing I ever did, my husband is having his bypass next month. We live in Westerhope and attend all the group meetings, feel free to get in touch if you want more details spuggy83@msn.com x

Hi all, I have just found this site & think it could be the answer to my prayers lol, I started thinking about weight loss surgery last year but more seriously now and have found the internet to be a mine field. I am going to the nuffield open evening at the end of this month but I must admit so far I have been lessed than impressed with there customer service hopefully the seminar will change my opinion. I live in Kenton so its great to know that there are people living locally who are experiancing the same thing and can share opinions x

I am in Gosforth and its great to see people on here who live locally and not just from the USA. Any tips etc would be gratefully received this really is very daunting and such a huge step hopefully for the better x

hi i am new to this site i am having a band fitted on the 4.11.09,by Mr woodcock going on to a low fat diet for 10 days before the op,can anyone tell me what it will consist off thank you all lolx