Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Hi All - hope everyone is having a good evening. It turned COLD here in Missouri today - and we'll have our first hard freeze tonight. I'm just trying to stay warm. Colder weather means DECEMBER is NEAR!! It's coming and we will soon be new bandsters going into a new year and a new life!

We have had a lot of suggestions for names, and several have already put names on their signature blocks. I am going to list the suggestions that have been made and would like all of you to vote for your favorite. This does not mean that ALL of us have to go by the same name, but it's kinda fun if we do. Here we go...

Winter Wonders

Holiday Belles (that would be if it's chicks only)

December Stars

Holiday Hotties

December Degrees

December Losers

Christmas Cougars

Santa's Vixens

Santa's Stars

Any other suggestions are welcome.....

My own personal feelings are that we should make sure our name presents a positive image to the banded world. I have put a name on my signature block, but can change it in just a few minutes if the group chooses a different name - no problem. I also want to make sure everyone is comfortable with the choice, so please express your preferences.

If I forgot or missed any names suggested, please let me know. I apologize in advance!

I Like Santa Vixen and would be very happy to change my signture. Thanks for taking your time to organize are little corner of our new world JoAnn.

Carol

Edited by Justmeuknow

Hi all December Bandsters!

Thank you Joann for presenting the list!

I would like to vote on 3: December Stars

Holiday Hotties

December Degrees

Just really like having December in the name, so how about

December Holiday Hotties = DHH?

Just a thought, whatever it will be, will represent us who are brave during this holiday time to step forward! Roseyyyd1:rolleyes:

Hey everyone,

Time is passing. I gave like 10 tubes of blood yesterday for pre-op, echo out of the way and now I am on to losing some weight to get that liver down. I figure it would not hurt to start now instead of waiting until the two week window.

I like the December Holiday Hotties or just Holiday Hotties, either one is cool with me.

Everyone, have a great day!

Boy do I feel like an oaf! I started a thread at the beginning of October in the newbie forum for December Bandsters. If I had known of this one. Guess it helps to really explore this whole website! I get so engrossed into the rest of the topics farther up in the list. LOL

Ok well anyway, Hi All!

I am Peter and I have my surgery set for Dec 5th. Still sounds like forever and a day away when I say the date but really it's just around the corner.

Hey everyone,

Time is passing. I gave like 10 tubes of blood yesterday for pre-op, echo out of the way and now I am on to losing some weight to get that liver down. I figure it would not hurt to start now instead of waiting until the two week window.

I like the December Holiday Hotties or just Holiday Hotties, either one is cool with me.

Everyone, have a great day!

Gosh, Nina, you are getting all that labwork out of the way early! My pre-op appointment is Nov 26 - the day before T'giving. Appropriate that my "last meal" will be the Thanksgiving one! It will be abbreviated, however, and all leftovers will be out of the house by 8:00pm. If DH wants another piece of pie, he'll have to visit one of the kids to get it! Nov 28 I go on liquids w/limited mushies, as directed by my surgeon. I finally talked with my son about the surgery last week. We live 20 minutes apart, but don't get a chance to sit and talk very often without spouses, kids, and dogs around. He asked about my research and my doctor's recommendation, and was very positive about this process as I explained it. I know he's been worried about my situation since my knee went into crisis mode last year and my weight has remained an issue. I had already discussed everything with my daughters and both are supportive. In fact, the DD who is in Korea till next summer is counting the days and planning my menus for our trip there in April.

So that's 3 for 3 - and DH is counting the days along with me (36 days, Nina!!!). I am just waiting and practicing my chewing!

Boy do I feel like an oaf! I started a thread at the beginning of October in the newbie forum for December Bandsters. If I had known of this one. Guess it helps to really explore this whole website! I get so engrossed into the rest of the topics farther up in the list. LOL

Ok well anyway, Hi All!

I am Peter and I have my surgery set for Dec 5th. Still sounds like forever and a day away when I say the date but really it's just around the corner.

WELCOME PETER!! Okay, gals, erase the Holiday Belles name from the list - we have a male in our midst and won't be choosing the chick name!

Your date is just one day after Nina's and mine - you have 37 days to go! :)

We are currently requesting votes for our LBTalk "name" for the December group. I listed the suggestions people have made a few posts back - feel free to vote on your favorite. We included the name "Holiday Hotties" because it was agreed that guys are hotties, too, and we didn't want to limit our group to just chicks. (come to think of it, Santa's Vixens might be out, too!)

Our group is growing, and very supportive. We are glad to have you with us, Peter.

Thank you for the welcome! It's great to see many more for December! Yeah I read through most of the posts on here and the name choices are fun to pick out. Here are a couple that I like and are workable for a guy in the midest of things :w00t:

Holiday Hotties

December Degrees

December Droppers (a new suggestion :w00t: )

December Droppers (a new suggestion :laugh: )

:w00t: that is funny! Welcome Pete!!! :w00t:

Edited by goosefraba
dam spelling!

I am scheduled for December 18th in Pensacola, FL. It is kinda neat having it in December. We will truly begin a "New Year". I vote for either Holiday Hotties or December Droppers:lol:.

My Vote is for the Holiday Hotties. I think that one fits both genders well.

Can't we be Santa's Snowbunnies or something I really despise Holiday Hotties that excludes any guys that might be scheduled for surgery in December.

Kim

Hi Joann, I'm Laurie and my surgery is Dec. 5th the day after yours. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I like the name December Stars. I'm wondering what pre-op diet I will be on. I started trying to diet since June and drinking Protein Shakes already and I've lost 11 lbs so far. Dancing is my exercise. I love to dance just to my cd's. I also bought the Zumba tapes which is latin dancing to try it out. Some of the steps now are difficult, but they do have a few I can do. Drop me a line sometime.

Laurie

Can't we be Santa's Snowbunnies or something I really despise Holiday Hotties that excludes any guys that might be scheduled for surgery in December.

Kim

I really don't care for Holiday Hotties and have taken it off my sighture. Will not uses Something that I strongly dis-like.

Carol

Edited by Justmeuknow