Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

today is also my surgery day i made it, i think im doing alright. well good luck to everyone getting band today. see everyone when i get back.:thumbup::confused_smile:

Hi team...well my band day is finally here!! It is 2:30AM and I am leaving for the hospital (2-1/2 hr. trip) accompanied by DH & DDog. Thanks to all of you have prayed & are praying for me. China, my twin, I will be praying for you! MarilynC

Best of luck to all those who will be banded today and this week! I know you will do well! Get up and walk around as soon as possible. This will help in your quick recovery!

I can hardly believe this is the 3rd week in December and that so many of us are already banded! Before we all know it we will be banded and into 2009 losing weight like crazy people! Can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to Celebrate all the weightloss success stories we will have!!!

Week 3Team o' December Bandsters 2B...your up! We are all rootin for ya, for steady hand surgeon teams, no complications, minimal gas and pain. Pete is right on with walk walk walk! Ask as many questions as you need to, of course in here, but with your doctors and nurses. We will be awaitin your return & reports! We pray the Lord cover each of you thru surgery! :)

Hi team...well my band day is finally here!! It is 2:30AM and I am leaving for the hospital (2-1/2 hr. trip) accompanied by DH & DDog. Thanks to all of you have prayed & are praying for me. China, my twin, I will be praying for you! MarilynC[/quote

Marilyn, you are in my prayers today and every day. I look forward to hearing from you very soon - you know all your friends are waiting! Just do what you are told (!) and you will be feeling great in no time. I'm a week-and-half out now, and feeling pretty good. Arthritis is a problem today (multiple weather fronts always to this to me!), but incisions are healed, port pain is lessening, I'm able to be creative in coming up with a newly discovered mushie, and all-in-all doing well. I am down about 16 pounds - about half of that during pre-op diet, the rest post-banding. With mushies that loss has slowed, but that's to be expected. Post-op visit was good, I can start light exercising late this week.

You will be feeling better in a matter of days, and from there it is much smoother. God is your protector and sustainer - and He is going to be right there with you. Bless your DH and DDog, too! :)

hi all,

my name is china i have surgery in the morning glad the day is finally here. i think im doing alright i feel alright. im off to the hospital at 630 but, my surgery isn't till 1030am. so wish me luck and good luck to those how have surgery in the morning too.:frown::)

China, you are in my thoughts and prayers today as you undergo your surgery - for a successful surgery and very speedy recovery. God bless...

Im really hoping to get to know you all better. It just hit me, my life is going to change.. everything is going to change. Im only 24 years old and Ive hid behind my weight for so long so now I have to find out who I am! lol

I was banded on December 2nd and my road has been anything but smooth. While I have lost 25 pounds since the morning of the surgery I think it is more because I'm lucky to still be alive.

I knew the risks going in but you don't always hear about them happening. More of my saga is posted at http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f15/6-days-ago-happened-82843/

At this point I'm having a lot of second thoughts on the wisdom of my choice to have this surgery. Anyway, the best of luck to everyone!

It hit me this morning that next week at this time I'll be getting ready for surgery! We went to the store last night and got a bunch of Soups (Progresso was on sale!)

I'm scared, excited, nervous, excited, worried, excited.....

It is like the first day of school and christmas all wraped in one.

Good luck to all those getting banded this week!!!

A call from my surgeon's office this week cleared me for a surgery date of December 4th. I'm excited and I'm looking for others who have a lapband on their Christmas list. Come join me in my Quest for holiday party ideas for those of us on clear liquids! Does this mean I can't even have eggnog??? No Christmas Cookies? ??

We should be able to think of some fun and interesting names for our December group. Any ideas are welcome!

Winter Wonders

Holiday Belles (might be a bit sexist...)

December Stars

_______________ (your ideas here...)

Hello Joanne,

My date is Dec 30th and I am so excited!!!

How do I get the "Holiday Hottie" stamp for my profile?

It is awesome!! Thanks! :thumbup: ~Steph

Hello Joanne,

Here's the topic about the logos and how to add them to your signature....

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f284/holiday-hotties-december-diamonds-logos-82429/

Hello Joanne,

Welcome to December! I see Florida Pete has answered your question about the Holiday Hottie signature stamp. He is the designer of this work of art and we love him for it! I know how excited you are about your coming surgery. What a great way to start the New Year! My surgery was almost 2 weeks ago and I am doing very well. I will have weather-related arthritis pain - potentially always - but I am hopeful as I lose this weight my pain will also be going down along with the scale numbers. Right now that seems to be the only problem I am dealing with. I hope your surgery is successful and you have a great recovery.

Hi team...my banding yesterday went very well.Minimal pain (med x2). Lots of walking. Cath x2 (thanks to Keigel excercises...sometimes they work toooooo well), this morning my bladder finally woke up from surgery and began to perform well (with a little help from Lasix). Surgery went lap not open (very few adhesions & liver decreased well) Now figure this out...clear, sugar free/fat free liquids since Sunday...I weighted when I came home & I gained 1# but my clothes are bagging & sagging!! And, so the journey continues...Thanks for all your thoughts & prayers. I will be praying for all the Dec. dates...banded & to-be-banded. MarilynC

Hi team...my banding yesterday went very well.Minimal pain (med x2). Lots of walking. Cath x2 (thanks to Keigel excercises...sometimes they work toooooo well), this morning my bladder finally woke up from surgery and began to perform well (with a little help from Lasix). Surgery went lap not open (very few adhesions & liver decreased well) Now figure this out...clear, sugar free/fat free liquids since Sunday...I weighted when I came home & I gained 1# but my clothes are bagging & sagging!! And, so the journey continues...Thanks for all your thoughts & prayers. I will be praying for all the Dec. dates...banded & to-be-banded. MarilynC

It's good to hear you did so well! You are on your way, Marilyn. God Bless - take your time healing and take baby steps...