Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Hello, I see that you are from MO. Me too. I also will be banded in Dec. The 10th. I am sooooo excited. A little worried. We have a large family and I have to start pre op diet just before Thanksgiving. It will be difficult but not impossible. Do the Protein Drinks come in egg nog flavor? Guess we will have to figure out how to pull that one off. :tongue:

I'm excited. I feel like I found a friend. :(

Hi 2Much! Welcome to our group of December Bandsters!

I live in Independence - close to Kansas City - where do you live? I'll be having my surgery in Topeka, KS, since the only Center of Excellence in KC area did not work out for me. I am a medicare patient and the Topeka group accepts Medicare payment - the surgical group in KC area did not accept Medicare payment alone - so I would have had to make up many $$$. I am very happy with the Topeka group, even though I'll have to drive about 80 miles for surgery and fills. They are very experienced and have a very good track record - and I love the staff. They are very professional, helpful, and always reachable.

I have 16 days left! Surgery on Dec 4th. I start my pre-op next week - possibly on Thanksgiving day! I alternate between excitement and terror - as one of my friends said "from panic to peace and back again." It is a big deal to change your life completely when you are 66 years old! But I know it is going to be a great change and I can honestly say I am ready for this challenge. I have never backed away from a challenge yet, and don't intend to now...

For eggnog Protein Drink, check out the Dec 2008 forum - there is a posting there that lists Protein drinks of every flavor - including eggnog! Some of the previous posts on this thread also have some recipes.< /p>

Keep us posted on your surgery and progress! It will be very helpful to all of us to support each other through this new phase of life.

My date is December 16th and I am thrilled! Anyone else have the same date?

Congrats and best wishes to everyone!!

Roxy

Okay all, it's official, I will be banded on December 3rd!! Oh my gosh, there are sooooo many emotions that overwhelm me, most of all I just want it done! So much for a great Thanksgiving dinner, how does full liquid diet sound! Lol, well, I get to start that lovely jouney of liquids tomorrow!!! Okay now this is it, its time to start undoing the damage that I have done to myself! But I can't wait to see a "new me"!

Hi everyone, I'm riding that emotional rollar coaster too. The closer the date gets the worst I get the fear starts to set in. I have a friend that had it done 2yrs. ago and she says it no big deal. Thats coming from a former RN thats had serval surgeries over the years. I'm just not that brave, even though I know it will change my life for the better . Dec. 4th will be here before I know it I guess I'll just let go and let GOD.:(

Where do you live now in Washington. And thank you its going to go just fine have a thousand cal a day 2 slimfast and lean causine for dinner.

Carol

I live in spokane now.

I live in spokane now.
hi all got my date 2day its gonna be 12/15 im so happy. Anyone else have that date.

Just got "the call" from the Dr's office... my date will be December the 11th. I start the 2 week liquid diet the day after Thanksgiving... so my "last meal" will be turkey (gobble gobble) :)

I got my call today too :unsure: and my date is also the 11th. Ive kind of been zombie like today. My info says I have to start my special diet the day of Thanksgiving but Im going to ask about that.

Getting my call from the doctors office was very exciting but then fear set in almost immediately because it was all becoming a reality. Doc tells me its normal to feel this way. Just step back and take a deep breath after all this is what I really want. I am getting banded on December 3rd and started my 1st day of pre-op today and its been very tough I will admit. My wife and kids are still here so I must have behaved... anyway, my doctor gave me the ok to eat some food on thanksgiving but told me not to go overboard. Eventhough he said its ok I am going to be extremely careful because once I start it will be hard to stop. Good luck to everyone.

I am so glad to hear from so many other Dec bandsters! My date is the 4th and I am supposed to start the pre-op on Thanksgiving. I see my surgeon the day before T-Giving, and will see if I can postpone a day, but if she says no - it will be broth and Jello for me - without complaint! I am so excited to get this done (at least that's how I feel today - maybe not so much another day...)

I hope everyone who is December bound will continue to post and keep us informed about your progress.

Wow...it is so great to see so many December dates. I am being banded on the 3rd as well as many of you. I am so glas I am not the only one. I went to my pre op seminar the other day and not one person had the same date as me.

It would have been nice to know someone going in.

Cheers to liquids in Thanksgiving and mushies for Christmas.

Chris

Hi There Thought I would let you know how my pre-op diet is going. I get 1000 cal and this is my 3rd day and have lost 1.5 lbs so it working. With 18days till surgery.

Carol

I am starting my 3rd day of pre op diet and I've lost 8.5 lbs. I called my doctors office yesterday because I am very tired and weak and my sugar has been dropping. I am also eating 1000 calories a day. Wow what a change.