Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Exercise Challenge

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

tap - our Y doesn't have one of those. Looks interesting though...I'd definately try it out.

I ended up doing nothing yesterday. My back started bothering my after lunch and then progressed to constant ache/pain by quitting time. I ended up going home and snacking. I didn't even cook dinner - it was a fend for yourself night. I do horribly when I don't cook on my eating. I'm still a bit sore today (back). I'm going to see how the day progresses and try to hit the gym tonight. I think I pulled something in Zumba class with all the twisting and hip work.

Guest Leslie2Lose

sure thing...best of both worlds!

I looked up Zumba, and it looks really cool. The closest 1 to me is an hour away. I may have to order the videos. I don't have a lot a rhythm, but it just looks so fun. Maybe I can learn to "move".

Guest Leslie2Lose

renewed - I have no rhythm myself...NONE. I don't care though - I just have a blast. I'd probably have more fun in my living room without a bunch of people around - might could find some moves in me that can't be show in public - LOL

They only offer it 2x a week (at night). The DVD would be a great option! You could do it anytime you like and without embarassment. :-)

I love to dance around the house with all my cool moves, but only for the kids. It is so funny, I dance around all day, but I don't even do my dance moves when DH is home. I would feel silly, but for some reason it is ok to be that silly with little boys. They dance right along and think I am way cool. I told Dh that one of these days I will be confident enough to show him my moves. He just laughs at me. Maybe Zumba is just what I need to come out of my dancing closet. :D

I didn't do anything yesterday. I have a sick little boy and I was wiped. I did manage to run today. I ran outside so I don't know how fast I was going. I ran/walked 2.6 miles. I'd say I ran about two miles and walked .60 mile.

I am pooped from my run. I am copying another post to keep from typing this again. So, those of you who are on both threads so sorry for the repitition.

Ok, it's official, I am crazy. My in laws took the boys for the night so I decided that it is time to run. I used to work at the hospital here in town and it isn't that far, so I decided that I would run to the hospital. Both of my parents and by best friend work there, so if I don't want to run home then I can get one fo them to bring me. So off I go. I made really good time and made it to the hospital. It was 2.4 miles. So, I went in and neither my parents or my best friend were there. Well, I guess that decided it for me. It would have been smart to call ahead!! Anyway, I ran back home and then .2 miles on the treadmill for a total of 5.01 miles. My time was 48:37 (not including my walk inside the hospital to find my family and friend not there). My pace was 9:42 minute per mile. Wow, 5 miles.

My pace was 9:42 minute per mile. Wow, 5 miles.

great pace renewed - question, who's ahead in the competition??? LOL

my trainer just emailed me the following link:

Monster Triathlon - Keller, Texas

oooooh to think of doing a tri (though a pretty easy one compared to others...indoor pool:biggrin:) so soon is tempting...we'll discuss tomorrow morning over a round of squats:wink:

You are pushing my competitive buttons, Luluc. I had to go log on and see. here are the stats as of this moment. You know that could change at any moment, however, I will enjoy the lead for now.

Whosya - 14.44

Renewed - 19.93

I just looked at that link thinking maybe I could meet you there and do it together, but it is 2 days after my surgery. Bummer!! I so could have done that with you!! Maybe next time.

I just looked at that link thinking maybe I could meet you there and do it together, but it is 2 days after my surgery. Bummer!! I so could have done that with you!! Maybe next time.

i just went online and copied a calendar of the DFW tri's thru April 2009.

there are quite a bunch; thinking i need a new challenge - cause since saturdays run, i've been a tad "lazy" w/nothing on the books to keep me focused.

i start classes in jan - but, not giving up on working w/trainer and staying on plan; we'll still discuss tom if i can handle this tri in 3 wks:eek::sad_smile:

ps - enjoy the glow of being ahead of whoysa; till he posts of course...:D stinker that he is

I will be out of commision for awhile after surgery, but once I'm going again I would love to train for a tri. I am about 2 hours from Dallas so maybe I can come to the area for one sometime next year!!

Doesn't look like we will be coming for the Cowboys game on Dec 20. Tickets are just more that we can spare right now. We may go to main Event and have a Cowboys party there and watch it on the big screen. Dunno yet!!

I'm taking the night off from the gym. Last night I went and I just couldn't get into it. I struggled the whole time and kept watching the timer, dying to just get it over with. I think I need a break.

10/07--Eliptical 10", Treadmill 15" Total 25 grueling minutes

~C

I've been lazy lately no exercise today either haven't been in the mood. I'll try to get my ass in gear tomorrow.