Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Exercise Challenge

Guest Leslie2Lose

planned to go for a run this AM & was SO thankful to hear the rain on our tin roof....LOL

wed is normally my day off & i should just keep it that way, as i train tues/thurs w/my trainer and i feel like i was hit by a truck today.

ceradad - 5lbs then your DONE!!!!!!! plan on losing more or is that your final #?

ceradad - 5lbs then your DONE!!!!!!! plan on losing more or is that your final #?

Pretty much my final number. I just don't want to look anorexic. I'm constantly told that my 245 looks more like 225, so I'm happy with that.:regular_smile:

Another 50 minutes on elliptical this morning. Working 16 hrs today, unplanned, so no workout tonight. I'll get two in tomorrow and Saturday.

My son ended up being admitted to the hospital. We are home now and he is doing great. I have not run in 5 days. Oh my!! I WILL run at least 3 miles today. No excuses!!

I feel like such a slug next to most of you - life situations and still you exercise ALOT.

My paltry offerings - in addition to the stationary bike and weight training of yesterday, I did a 35 minute brisk walk (carrying my knapsack and lunchbag as DH forgot to pick me up at work); today was 40 minutes on the treadmill - variable speeds and inclines.

Checking in...

Tuesday night workout was good - not quite as good as Monday, but still soreness-inducing, cause I went up on poundages and concentrated on my form. Got an unsolicited thumbs-up from one of the big guys at the gym who told me "it's nice to see girls on the serious side of the weight room"...:cool2: I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't hit him with the plate I had just taken off of the olympic bar...:D

No weights on Wednesday, but helped my hubby clean up / out the basement...we just installed a fireplace insert, and are constructing a wood rack in the basement for intermediate storage. We've got quite a bit outside, but it's a bit wet, so putting it inside the house will help with that. Amazing how much DIRT can accumulate in a basement!:tt2:

No walk this morning - stayed up late watching the debate (zzzzz....) and playing with hubby :mellow: but I will walk at lunch. No gym tonight - community organization meeting, so I'll have to make it up over the weekend.

Carry on, y'all! :thumbup:

Got an unsolicited thumbs-up from one of the big guys at the gym who told me "it's nice to see girls on the serious side of the weight room"...:eek: I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't hit him with the plate I had just taken off of the olympic bar...:wink2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: that was funny!!

renewed hope the little guy is feeling better soon; can't imagine how scarey it must be to have had to admit him...

ok - getting serious now w/working out. i feel like a self described lapband hangover getting past the 1yr mark. just in "what next mode" and i don't do well in that frame of mind, my workouts have been half assed' - i'm not doing enough cardio...eating way too much, and the 2 beers this wkend didn't help the scale drama this morning.

so back in the saddle:

today -

4.25mile bike warm up

90min training session - full body weight training

20min elliptical *going to start doing more cardio after weight training*

ok - getting serious now w/working out. i feel like a self described lapband hangover getting past the 1yr mark. just in "what next mode" and i don't do well in that frame of mind, my workouts have been half assed' - i'm not doing enough cardio...eating way too much, and the 2 beers this wkend didn't help the scale drama this morning.

so back in the saddle:

I feel your pain there luluc. I have been doing the same over the past month. Still working out, just not with the same intensity. And, eating a little too much. Working on getting better about that though. Good luck and keep at it. It will come back.

Just checking in...I have been to the gym 4 times this week. I even dragged my sorry butt up at 4:30 one morning because I couldn't go at night after work.

It's a new job this week, so I'm struggling w/stress and NO COMPUTER AT WORK! argh. I miss my down time and my LBT! :)

I beat my mile by 2 seconds today. ha ha...yeah, I know. I'm not hard core yet, but I'm getting there.

Checking in...

Fast walk to the train station last night - left work a little late, and rather than slow drag and wait for the next one, I hustled my butt and caught it. I was huffing and puffing, but it was fun! :)

This morning I was up with the alarm and walked DDog with DD - DH is working the midnight shift, so he's not available.

Going to the gym tonight, still got a workout to make up on Saturday. Posting to this topic keeps me honest - I know if I don't work out, I'll have to admit it to you guys, and I certainly don't want to do that!:rolleyes2:

As I worked 16 yesterday, I didn't get home until 0045. Up at 0800 and in the gym. Only able to get in upper body this morning.

Tomorrow will be legs and extended cardio. Have a great weekend everyone!

hey glouc- missed ya this wk,

today ~

4.25mile run

have to winterize the pool later - so lots of upper body:tongue:

I've been sick most of the week, but I got back on the train today.

Treadmill~ Ran 30 minutes straight, then walked for 20 minutes.

Ab exercises~ Did 3 different ab exercises (3 sets, 12 reps each)

I cannot tell you all how exciting it is for me to be able to participate in a conversation about exercise:thumbup:. It has been so long since I got up and did something to better my health BUT last week that changed. My best friend and roommate is a runner and talked me into going with her on a 2 mile jog/walk. She's been trying to get me to go for 2 years so she was pretty excited I went.

It's really hard but I feel great after I do it. Hope I can keep it up. It definitely makes me reconsider everything I'm about to put in my mouth!!! My BF and I are hoping to do a 5k together. At least that's the goal I have for myself!