Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Exercise Challenge

Guest Leslie2Lose

today -

20min walk treadmill

50min trainer session - upper body weight training; squats/hamstring/glutt circut -.... break from abs,

20min walk treadmill

Yesterday:

Treadmill~ High intensity run/walk intervals (50 minutes)

Strength training~ arm machines (20 minutes)

Today:

Zumba class~ 45 minutes

Treadmill~ High intensity run/walk intervals (40 minutes)

Upper body and abs with trainer~ 25 minutes

That's gonna get me through the weekend. I'm just gonna take it easy until Monday.

Y'all are puttin' me to shame! :)

Wild week at work - application deadline has come and gone, so I've been printing out applications, assembling them and filing them all week. No walk at lunch (until today) and no gym at night (I've been mentally fried).

Finally got out and walked today - felt really good...will go to the gym on Saturday and hopefully Sunday to get my 'groove' back. Now that I've got a band date (YAAAAA!!!!!) I'll be trying to eat nothing but good stuff and get ALL of my planned exercise in. I want to be in the best shape possible for my surgery and the recovery period after.;)

Here's how my day has gone:

Up @ 0430 to hit gym @ 0500 for 55 minutes on elliptical machine. Bus into work. Spent 8 hrs on computer looking at Excel spreadsheets trying to figure out new 10 hr shift work week for the entire department. Mind fried. Bus back to P&R, back to gym for GREAT upper body circuit training. Best in about 4 wks.:thumbup: Drove back to work to get in 5 hrs of O.T.

Will be back in to gym tomorrow morning for cardio and leg circuits.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Getting ready to hit the Y this morning..planned activities

upper body weights

30 min either cycling or treadmill

going to try the elliptical...

yesterday -

nothing, :eek:

today - all cardio

20min of the following:

treadmill - walk

bike

stairmaster

elliptical

Checking in...

Walked yesterday morning with DD and DDog...walked at lunchtime and felt great! Went to the gym and changed up my workout. I've been really noticing a lack of aerobic capacity - the walking isn't bring it up like I want, so I've changed up and I did aerobics last night.

20 minutes on the "ArcTrainer" - a different kind of elliptical that I've never used before. I found it worked the back of my legs and my bum more than normal ellipticals, so I'll stick with it for a while - I like it! No upper body involvement, though, so I may switch it up with the other elliptical which does involve arms.

30 minutes on the treadmill - averaged 2.6 mph (had it at 2.8, but my heart rate went crazy so I slowed down) and worked it between a .5 incline and a 2 incline.

That's going to be my routine at least 4 days per week for the next 3 weeks until my surgery. I've lost a few pounds, but would like to lose another 10 before surgery.

I'm also considering a primarily-liquid eating plan (2 shakes as meals, dinner with family, fruit for snacks) for 2 weeks prior to surgery to see if I can make it a little easier for the surgeon. Goal would be to lose 5 - 10 more...

Thanks to all of you for being so consistent with YOUR exercise - it made me realize that I need to do the same, and posting keeps me more accountable. I wasn't 100%, but considerably better than before I posted here, so thank you!:biggrin:

Yesterday:

Treadmill~ run/walk for 50 minutes

Today:

Pilates~ 45 minutes

Zumba~ 45 minutes

Treadmill~ run/walk (mostly run) for 45 minutes

Strength training~ arms, legs, and abs for 45 minutes

Taking tomorrow off!!

Checking in...

30 min on the ArcTrainer, 25 on the Treadmill...the Aerobics concentration continues...

Happy side effect - was off my insulin for a few days while the pharmacy caught up with me, and usually when I go back on, I gain a few. So far, the pounds have stayed off!:)

taking a flu break; yesterday & today.

had agreed to run a 5k w/my BF on saturday, but that might not happen - we'll just see how i feel.

happy hump day!!!