Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

There may be some new faces soon. Any new patients from us I am trying to get to support groups in person or at least online!

I think hearing from people having gone through the gastric band process is very helpful.

Rhonda

Hi Everyone :tongue2:

Sorry I haven't been posting as much as I probably should...life has been a little hectic. I'm hopeful that it will slow down a little bit soon and I can get back into the swing of things.

As I'm sure you all know, this coming week is support meeting week. As always we will be meeting at Lion's Gate Hospital on Wednesday, Sept. 16th any time after 6.30pm in Conference Room A. Everyone is certainly welcome to join us, whether you are in the research stage or a long-term bandster. Come and share your journey, your stories and a few laughs.

I think you are completely right Rhonda. Being able to share your thoughts and questions in a supportive and non-judgemental group setting can make the differnece for some of us. Hopefully as you get more patients having the band placed, we will see them joining our group.

Take care everyone and I'll see you soon !!!

Patricia

Hi everyone,

I may not be there tonight as I have a 2 day course Thursday and Friday that I need to prepare for. Our first surgery day here for Lap Band is next Wed ,so we are all busy preparing for this great day!!

Not 100% sure if not coming yet......depends how much I can get thru today!!

Cheers

Rhonda

Re: Lap Band Surgery in Vancouver Area?

Support meeting went well. We had a guest dietician attend and she gave us some very valuable information and one new member. We tried a new format for the support group. Each person gave their name and gave an issue that they would like some help on. Everyone was involved and personally I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting.

It would be great if some of the bandsters that have not attended in awhile or are contemplating the band could be at our next support group. The more the merrier. The meeting is free. Contact Canadagirl33@hotmail.com or myself if there is any information we can help with. :):thumbup:

Sorry I missed it!!! I was planning on coming but my 90 year old grandma had a mini stroke so I was dealing with this ( she is ok now)

Glad te meetin went well and I look forward to next month!!

Rhonda

Hope your grandmas is OK. Family is far more important than attending meetings. I enjoyed Vicki very much. Looking forward to next month.

Sorry I missed it!!! I was planning on coming but my 90 year old grandma had a mini stroke so I was dealing with this ( she is ok now)

Glad te meetin went well and I look forward to next month!!

Rhonda

Hello fellow Vancouverites! I am fairly new to this site, but have found it so helpful. Thank you Canadagirl33 for informing me about this specifically Vancouver board.

I had my consultation two days ago, start a liquid diet in 5 days, and have the surgery on October 1st! I've been researching the band for 1.5 years, and have finally made the decision to get it. I'm extremely anxious and very excited!

I would love to go to at least one meeting IRL (in real life), however it seems like almost all of the meetings are during the week and in the evening. I unfortunately go to school every night of the week. But, I was hoping there are Saturday meetings (or meetings in the morning/early afternoon during the week). Is there an up-to-date list anywhere with all of the meeting times and info?

I really look forward to my WL journey, and to building friendships with some fellow bandsters.

Cheers~

Hi: Canadagirl may have a list and until she responds, I thought I would chip in. I am not aware of any other support meetings as most surgeons/clinics have their own means of aftercare restricted to only their patients. Our group is unique because we want everyone who wants to have or have had WLS to come out.

I had my band put on in Toronto and have found the support on the internet fairly good. If you can't find a support meeting or your clinic doesn't have aftercare, just post your concerns and someone will get back to you.

Good luck with your surgery.

Hello fellow Vancouverites! I am fairly new to this site, but have found it so helpful. Thank you Canadagirl33 for informing me about this specifically Vancouver board.

I had my consultation two days ago, start a liquid diet in 5 days, and have the surgery on October 1st! I've been researching the band for 1.5 years, and have finally made the decision to get it. I'm extremely anxious and very excited!

I would love to go to at least one meeting IRL (in real life), however it seems like almost all of the meetings are during the week and in the evening. I unfortunately go to school every night of the week. But, I was hoping there are Saturday meetings (or meetings in the morning/early afternoon during the week). Is there an up-to-date list anywhere with all of the meeting times and info?

I really look forward to my WL journey, and to building friendships with some fellow bandsters.

Cheers~

My second attempt.

My computer and/or internet is acting up. Would someone please post the date, time and place of the monthly bandsters meetings please.

I am sifting through the 17 pages here, but would appreciate a post.

Thanks in advance.

Paula

Hi: Lions Gate Hospital on 15th Ave., North Vancouver every 3rd Wednesday of the month in Conference Room A. Someone is always there at 6:30 pm and the meeting lasts for an hour or two. Sometimes longer if we are into good topics.

Contact Canadagirl33@hotmail.com and she will put you on her monthly reminder list.

Hope to see you there

My second attempt.

My computer and/or internet is acting up. Would someone please post the date, time and place of the monthly bandsters meetings please.

I am sifting through the 17 pages here, but would appreciate a post.

Thanks in advance.

Paula

We are doing an info seminar on Oct 5th ( a Monday) evening at our clinic. I think we will start at 6:30 or 7:00 pm. I will confirm the time soon.

Will post more info assson as everything confirmed!!

Rhonda

Hello,

I am new here. I am scheduled to have my surgery done in exactly a week, Oct 2, by Dr. Leung. I know that he is very experienced but he kind of scared me when I went in for my consultation. I truely feel at the end of my struggle, like I am so far gone that this is the only solution. I have my preop on monday and will be meeting with a dietian and everything but I am scared and nervous. I try to think about how amazing it will feel to love my body and have extra energy, I just turned 26 and I feel like I have wasted my whole life in a body I hate. I've had my galbladder removed and developed collitis and IBS as a result, I finally have both of them under control for the most part and now I am worried I'll be in for another long haul of upset stomachs and pain. Whats the worst part of having it done? Can you ever eat the same amount as a normal person? I know i overeat now which is why I am obese but once the weight is gone can you ever just have a normal life? Is it true that you have to drink things out of a straw for the rest of your life or does your body adjust?