Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Morning Sickness (I mean all-day sickness)

I've found three things that help with my all day sickness....lighting a cinnamon scented candle, taking a nap, and taking a bath....oh and eating soda crackers helps a little- but you can't eat that many with the band. It sucks to be stuck and then have morning sickness on top of that!

I was having constant sickness too...until I got unfilled. I have only been sick twice since then and being able to actually be sick makes it go away faster.

I was having constant sickness too...until I got unfilled. I have only been sick twice since then and being able to actually be sick makes it go away faster.

I agree with this 100%. If I feel nauseous but I do everything I can to avoid throwing up . . . I stay uncomfortably nauseous all day. With an open band, if a little has to come back up and it does come up . . . I feel instantly better and stay good for the rest of the day. I still try to avoid it, but sometimes if your stomach needs to expel the contents, it is almost unavoidable and I feel safer with an open band.

congrats!! i'm 7 weeks prego and have this all day sickness as well!! it sucks i know exactly wat ur talking about the whole bloated feeling...im going to try some of ur remedies see if they help....good luck!

OMG. I am now 12 weeks prego and starting at 4 weeks all the way to 8 weeks I was puking my guts up. Probably like 20-30 times a day. At the end point, I was just eating to be able to actually throw up food instead of stomach acid. Durring this time, I had 1.2cc in a 4cc band and could not make it out to my local fill center to get an unfill because I was so sick. My OB gave me Zofran (witch is I believe the strongest antinausia med you can take,not positive though) I also got phenergan suppositories since anything going in my mouth was comming right back out. Eventually, I had lost 15lbs and was so dehydrated (and had not peed it 3 days) and fed up I went to the ER and was given 4 bags of IV Fluid. Even with all that fluid I still didn't urinate that day or the next morning so I went to my OB and they immediately admitted me and I was in the hospital for 4days on IV's. Upon arrival at the hospital I was immediately seen by a GI doc (due to throwing up blood) and a Bariatric surgeon (due to the band still being filled) They ordered an xray of the band and immediately unfilled the band. Luckily the band had not slipped (THANK GOD!!!!) and after the unfill and 4days and 10lbs of fluid put back into my body I have not thrown up since. It was really rough. So if there is anything I can advise people that are acutally throwing up constantly, make it your first priority to get your band unfilled. I personally think that if my band was unfilled I probably would not have gotten into such bad shape as I was in. I was hoping to actually leave my fill in through out the pregnancy because it was not that tight, but I'd rather be healthy and pregnant than skinny and pregnant. This time baby is priority and not me. Even though this was an accidental pregnancy!!!

I am VERY glad Jpet mentioned the herbal tea articles and research on babycenter's site. I too read that and was very surprised to learn such simple teas like chamomile can harm you, but they are so concentrated in tea bags, that its a real risk. I live in Denver and we have the Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory here..I toured it 2 wks ago with a girlfriend and bought some of the Maternity Tea. It had a great flavor when we were sampling it, and the box said it has ingredients like Rasberry Leaf (To Strengthen the Uterus, per box). So I thought, "Great!". Well....WRONG. Rasberry leaf is known to cause unsafe contractions. Fairy, you're right in that orgasm and other natural activities cause contractions, but the ones caused by herbs or other stimulants can be dangerous as they are stronger and more un-natural then ones caused by normal bodily activity...thus why to avoid them.

On a side note, the more sour the food or drink, the more it settles morning sickness...odd. Lemonade is my drink of choice lately, or lime juice in ice Water.

Ejm - i agree with the sour flavors.

the ONLY thing i wanted when i had my morning sickness was a Sonic Lime Fresh fruit Slushee ... **drool** i literally had 3-4 HUGE ones a week. now i cant even look at them. LOL

That's really bizarre that a tea they sell as 'maternity tea' would be harmful..