Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 51 lbs., took new photo...disappointed!

I can see it as well . . . you should be proud of yourself. 50 pounds is no small accomplishment - and just imagine how big of a different your before and after shots will look by next summer.

There is a big difference in the two photos! You look great!!

You need to look again!! the weigh loss is amazing...I can't wait for my surgery 4-20-09..You have something that I don't have yet....a figure

You need to look again!! the weigh loss is amazing...I can't wait for my surgery 4-20-09..You have something that I don't have yet....a figure :crying:

Okay -- I think I've got it -- click to enlarge!

[attach]15170[/attach]

[attach]15171[/attach]

Girl, get a new pair of eyes!!!! :w00t: You look fantastic! In the first picture you definitely have muffin top - but not in the second! Go easy on yourself! You should be very pleased!!!

Keep up the good work!:confused:

Hugs,

Barbara

you look great! How tall are you because the 51 pounds makes you look totally different! Ten pounds a month is a healthy rate at which to lose weight, and if you lose it like this you are more likely to keep it off! Great Job and i can really see the difference!:)

I think clothes can really make a difference. I was still wearing a size 20 when I went to buy some new clothes and came home with a size 14 pair of jeans and 12 top. It was shocking. I felt like I came home from the store in a new body. My husband was speechless and you should have seen people at work the next day. I had no idea I really looked like a regular sized person. If I'd been getting some clothes on the way down I might have realized how much I was changing along the way.

Britt

I think clothes can really make a difference. I was still wearing a size 20 when I went to buy some new clothes and came home with a size 14 pair of jeans and 12 top. It was shocking. I felt like I came home from the store in a new body. My husband was speechless and you should have seen people at work the next day. I had no idea I really looked like a regular sized person. If I'd been getting some clothes on the way down I might have realized how much I was changing along the way.

Britt

This was absolutely true for me. When I started this journey, I wore a mix of sizes 22-26 (Aus sizes, 18-22 in US sizes), depending on the brand and how much I could stretch them (some were VERY stretched!). My first shopping expedition saw me moving into 18's (14's in US) and the difference was phenomonal. I've been a bit better since then, moving down into 16's and 14's (Aus, US 12/10) and am still spinning out over the "normal" looking person in the dressing room mirror.

I agree with Brittu and Fanny Adams. Clothes that actually fit can make you look like you lost anywhere between and extra 20-40 pounds.

I think a lot of us waited to buy new things because changes were occurring so rapidly, but old clothes kind of hid the loss. Even if you only pick up 1-2 things in a smaller size, it is worth it in that the evidence of loss is definitely more noticeable.

I can ABSOLUTELY see your weight loss - and I agree with the others - purchasing a few new clothes at your new (temporary) size will make a world of difference!

You are really making good progress - don't stop now!:thumbup:

Clothes make a huge difference. I used to wear polo style shirts because I didn't want to wear anything with buttons all the way down as they made my stomach look too big but now I'm wearing button down casual shirts from Macy's (yay Macy's!) and they make me look slimmer.

i can see a huge difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know how u feel though...my husband and i took pics over the weekend...and i said i looked fat in them....he ignored me and rolled his eyes....lol

Are you kidding me, I can tell you have lost weight definately. Try wearing clothes that aren't so big on you and that would help. You are looking great, keep it up.

I totally see a difference! Don't worry, sometimes its really hard to see a difference on your self, but others will. Just keep at it. There is definately a difference!