Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tracyinks Time for TT! FREAKY

In man rationale it could only mean that you want to look better for other people - possibly other men.

so So SOOO untrue, please do not lump us all in with a statement like that, I would run out and get a second job if my wife wanted/needed a TT or any kind of surgery that she thinks would make here look/feel better about herself.

Good luck Tracy on your surgery.

Edited by Renob

Tracy: If it's one thing I've learned, you need/must put yourself first. My DH didn't want me to get the lapband, my first ps or the one coming up. Change is hard for some people. I am married to a wonderful man who loves me, but he worries about the possible dangers of surgery (he is a veterinary surgeon), doesn't like to see me in pain and thinks I look fine. Who can complain about that? However, he is happy that I have lost weight, he likes my tt and new breasts and I'm sure he'll like my arms, butt and thighs! Sometimes, you've just got to follow your own drummer and eventually, everyone will understand your song!

My hubby says the same thing, he loves me as I am and doesn't want me to have the TT. But understands and supports my need to have it. This is probably the 2nd thing I have put my foot down on for myself. 1st was lap band surgery. I just want it to hurry up and get over with. I hate operating rooms they scare me, I'm ok as long as they give me something before get in there. But to have to lay there and listen and see everything while they are getting ready, Nope been there done that not for me.

Good morning future flatbellies! (except Karey who is already there) I did good drinking my Water and sticking to the best day of eating I've had in MONTHS ... not looking forward to getting on the docs scale and having him tell me I'm still to fat! LOL Do you guys know how much recovery time will be needed if I add a breast lift?

A breast lift won't add much recovery time. You'd before healed from the breast lift before the TT. When I had it, I barely noticed it at all. There is some swelling, but it really wasn't that painful, really a piece of cake!

DEPRESSING .......... I had a good consult but when it came to the money I felt they were doing the bait and switch... $217.00 a month turned into $367 a month.. I got pretty irate and told them to stop.. I had the date set and the scheduler was calling the hospital setting it up.... I was totally destroyed pissed sad to come so far and to hit this wall. I guess thats what they do... bank on people being excited and saying go ahead lets do it.

So anyway I met hubby for lunch and he said that if it was THAT important to me, we'd find a way............ so the journey is not over just stalled a bit.

What WOULD of been on the table was and extended TT, breast reduction/lift and augmentation (on the top)........

my policy does cover it, but you have to prove medical necessity, and when I talked to the Nurse reviewer at BCBS, she said I needed

1. pictures

2. pictures of rashes

3. pictures of skin break down

4. receipts from prescriptions for said rashes and breakdown

5. letters from docs (all involved who've seen said rashes and breakdown)

and it would be skin removal only, no muscle tightening......

I DID TRY THE DAWN DISHSOAP recipe and it didn't even work on my belly so I just said screw it and had hoped to go this route.....

I'm sorry Tracy, but glad to hear your hubby is being open minded and willing to work with you. It totally sucks that they changed the plan so much. I'm not surprised, but it really does suck. $150 a month more is a HUGE difference. I would highly encourage you to have the breast lift at the same time. Everywhere I've seen and read folks that have only had one procedure REALLY wished they'd done both. Folks I've known that only have procedure have said the same thing.

Keep at it.... it will work out!!!

Ahh shucks Tracy, I'm sorry to hear this. But things happen for a reason, I had 4 consults before I decided on this Dr and then I had another consult with his just to be sure. don't let this get you to down, You've done an amazing job and look beautiful, And this is just a minor setback!!!

Have you had any other consults?

Thanks Cora and Shalee.... I'm going to set up a consult with the doc that my friend used. (she had an RNY about 4 years ago) she had a tt and lift at the same time. The upside he is much more economical, but he is 2 hours away from me. I was sooo upset Friday, but I'm better now. I'll keep you all posted