Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having a Hysterectomy

Boy woman, when things happen to you, they really HAPPEN. But I agree with most of the posters, next to my band, having a hysterectomy was well worth it. I had mine at age 32, bleeding 22 days out of 30, heavy and miserable. HUGS to you and positive thoughts.

I can't wait to visit and try out the new boat. I'll even put in money since gas is so expensive here.

Hope to see you Saturday at the support group.

Vera, I just wanted to let you know you've been in my thoughs. I hope you are taking it easy and relaxing for the next few days.

How long will you be out of action?

Thanks for all your concerns and well wishes.

Crystal you’re so sweet! My hysterectomy has been postponed till 7/13, next Wednesday. I’ll be in the hospital 2 nights and on med leave for up to 6 weeks.

Penni I’ve been doing a lot of research and have discovered that Endometriosis is more common than Adenomyosis. Adenomyos is what my doctor believes is my condition, because why uterus is enlarged. Endometriosis can eventually become cancerous and is suggested to remove the ovaries as well as the cervix. I don’t know what you had or what the cause was for all your pain and H.

I will only have my uterus removed. I’m a true believer if nothings wrong with it don’t remove it. Cervix and ovaries are staying!

Carol it was so fun seeing you! Have fun on your cruise to Alaska!

Okay, how do they remove the uterus but not the cervix? do they attach the cervix to the falopian tubes? The cervix is sort of attached to the uterus only...

6 weeks, man, I knew I didn't have time for that!

and Lisa, you are soo twisted. It looks good on you, by the way.

Hi Baby, on a positive note, how much do all those spare parts that they'll be removing weigh? Right on.

Way to look on the bright side! You ARE twisted! :(

I am SO glad this update popped back up, you made it so easy for me! Vera, I hope your surgery goes smoothly and you are on the mend in no time. I'm sorry for your troubles but I KNOW you will be okay! You are such a trooper! I'll be praying!

Vera, I'm just now seeing this. Best of luck to you on your surgery. I had the same problems and it took 6 years to find someone to do a hysterectomy. That was 10 years ago...abdominal incision (at the bikini line), really minimal recovery. They left my ovaries and I take a very low dialy dose of Estrogen. (It's also great for your complexion!) I've had my ovaries ultra sounded and no problems. I had gottem to the point that I was passing clots as big as the palm of my hand for several days, irregular cycles, and extreme cramping. 3 dncs didn't do anything and after he got into the surgery, he said this was the only way to stop all of my problems. Well the surgery is really minimal pain. Just get up and walk around as soon as you can. You won't believe how much better you feel immediately! It's one of the best things that I ever did for myself (besides my band.) I've never looked back! (((Hugs))) for an easy surgery and quick recovery! I think you've more than served your time in the o.r. this year!

Thanks Vera, it looks like they stich the cervix and the fallopian tubes into place.

Heh, My ex-H was in the Navy, and he said they would send the new guys out into the shop looking for all sorts of snark hunts like the keys to the airplanes. The funniest one is where they send them out looking for some fallopian tubing. I still laugh at that one...

Vera,

Best of luck to you tomorrow. I hope your surgery goes well and pray for a speedy recovery for you.

Sweet Vera- You are going to do just GREAT!! My sister who is five yrs older than me also had endometrios(spelling) But she did have success with the less invasive operation & was able to concieve her third boy. But that isn't what the doc think you have is it? Of course this was years ago & she was in her 30's. My best friend just had a hyster & is doing so great - she has never felt better! Ever!!! She is so happy she decieded to have it-of course it was for health reasons. My SILAW is a Doc & she is going in volunteraly for hers also- just better in the long run she has researched- no periods - less cancer & all that great stuff. Sh eactually has nothing wrong with her- but she & other Doc friends have been going in of their own free will & getting hysters recently. Strange but TRUE! You 'll feel so much better soon & I truely think it will be a freeing experience for you! You'll be in my prayers & I am so excited that you'll be happier & healthier really soon! Best of luck on your big day! Don't worry at all! I will say special prayers for your surgeons !!!

Hey Vera,

ok, so this thing has been post-poned til next Wednesday??

have you gone skiing yet?