Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY are people voting for McCain?

It is very hard to compare based of the circumstances surrounding this monumental time in history. This race stood for change from a past that was very difficult for so many. I think that Elizabeth was just able to see how important this win was for so many Americans. As for myself...I would have been very disappointed and very sad, but I certainly would have been able to deal with it. I have dealt with it for the past 8 years and longer. It is what we are used to and what we have had to deal with for years....but I guess we will never know.

I agree Coffi,

I was surprised how well Elizabeth handled the situation and you could tell she was just as touched as most people were by Obama's speech.

Plain...why are you asking such a question? Perhaps they would be more gracious than Elizabeth. :^)

Obama was more gracious than McCain throughout the entire campaign. Does it really matter after the fact, or considering that it will never ever occur?

Plain...why are you asking such a question? Perhaps they would be more gracious than Elizabeth. :^)

Obama was more gracious than McCain throughout the entire campaign. Does it really matter after the fact, or considering that it will never ever occur?

Perhaps they would have. And no, it doesn't really matter. I was just musing.....Joy seems much more vitriolic than Elizabeth (or Barbara or Whoopi, for that matter).

I think it is fabulous that a black man can achieve the position of president. (or any color man for that matter) I only hoped that a black man of character (or any man of character for that matter) would get that

position.

The celebration of seeing the day when a family of color lives in the White House to me is exceptional.

It isn't good, though, when we see people praising or practically worshiping Him (or anyone) as the Savior of our country. He is not the Savior. In his speach, he made certain to mention that it will be a year or even a full term before you can see his promises, and people are pinning their hopes on him. We give the president of the US alot of power that he just doesn't have. (Jesus alone is the Savior, and when we start looking to others for our help, God turns away.)

He made alot of promises to the people,(he wanted to get elected, they all do that) that he will not have the power to keep.

I have great concern for this country when the head of it, feels it is just fine to murder the unborn if you choose to do so, and feels that marriage should be for anyone but a woman and a man.( when you start messing with God's laws, you're in for it. Where does it end? I have my rights, and as a citizen of this country, I want to marry my brother cause I'm in love with him. Who's to say I can't?) I have a problem with a president who lies to get what he desires. I have a problem with health ins. for all. (who's going to pay for it?) God said if you don't work, then you don't get to eat. Period! Why should I have to pay for someone elses health care? If he decides to take away our right to bear arms, only the criminals and the government will have them. Look out!

I'm not saying that Obama is not a nice man. He's probably very nice, but He is against most of the things that our God in Heaven stands for and when you go the route of the world and ignore God's ways, you will fail.

First off, I think every candidate that runs for office makes a lot of promises that they are very unlikely going to be able to keep. They say what they have to say to win the votes of the American people. And I don't care if Obama, McCain or Mickey Mouse won the election, you will not see this country turned around over night. It took us eight long years to get where we are and it is going to take a long time to get things right again.

As for the whole religious aspect, again, I believe that should be kept out of politics. Not all of us believe in your God or want the head of our country basing all of his decisions upon some book that has been written by who knows what authors based upon what beliefs that have changed numerous times over the centuries.

There are a lot of people who do work but even though they do, they cannot afford health insurance. Many companies health insurance packages, such as non-profits, are very expensive and not very good. Many people do work, and they work very hard. Some were not able to go to college due to personal circumstances that you may never understand, but they do work and they work hard. So, because they don't make as much money, they are not deserving of health insurance? I am sorry, but I believe everyone should be afforded the health care that they need, regardless of whether they are wealthy, poor, disabled, an adult, child, black, white, red or pink. And, I don't have any problem with helping others who are less fortunate than me. In fact, that is what I do for a living. I work for a company that helps others who are less fortunate. And not everyone is that way because they are lazy. There is a lot more to it than if you don't work, you don't eat. What kind of God is that, that doesn't have a problem with seeing people go hungry? I thought he was all loving? Hmmm, I just don't get it, I really don't.

I have great concern for this country when the head of it, ... feels that marriage should be for anyone but a woman and a man.

When did he say that. He said in the debates that he saw marriage as a man and woman. Yes, he does believe in rights for domestic partners, but that is not the same as marriage.

I have a problem with a president who lies to get what he desires. I have a problem with health ins. for all. (who's going to pay for it?) God said if you don't work, then you don't get to eat. Period!.

Where did God say that one? Jesus used examples of unfaithfulness, and used talents and money, but he also told the rich man to sell all he had and go feed the poor. Jesus was always one who wanted people to help others.

If he decides to take away our right to bear arms, only the criminals and the government will have them. Look out!

I'm not saying that Obama is not a nice man. He's probably very nice, but He is against most of the things that our God in Heaven stands for and when you go the route of the world and ignore God's ways, you will fail.

What does the right to bear arms have to do with faith?

Granted, I am one who wants strict interpretation of the second ammendment - if we must insist on the right to bear arms, then cool... everyone gets to own as many muzzle-load muskets as they want - it was good enough for the framers of the constitution, it should be good enough for you.

But it certainly is not a "Christian teaching."

Please, if you're going to argue President Elect Obama is not who Jesus would vote for, at least give rational arguements. If you give me the choice of a man who wants to improve the lot of the country (at least his words, since only history will say for sure) or a man with a foul mouth and an angry temper who seems to be happy taking us to war with the world, I will take the one for improvement.

(Jesus alone is the Savior, and when we start looking to others for our help, God turns away.)

not everyone believes that Jesus is savior....

He's probably very nice, but He is against most of the things that our God in Heaven stands for and when you go the route of the world and ignore God's ways, you will fail.

bolding mine .... your God is not everyone's god. there are many many many many religions in this world. and i think it's rather presumptuous of you to ass-u-me that everyone does (or should) have your beliefs.

Patty, there is a productive way of sharing your views and Christianity and there is a very unproductive way of doing so. When you go out on the attack, using strong words and judging people, no one wants to hear the message behind those words. It is no wonder that so many people view Christians as intolerant when they read responses such as yours. It is the reason that so many people feel unwelcome and shunned from the church. The church is supposed to be a welcoming community that draws people in and when people are constantly belittled and judged they will never want to be part of that community. Who wants to be made to feel bad about themselves? Everyone has their own crosses to bear and that should not make us intolerant of them.

God wants people to help those who aren't able to help themselves, but he wants those who can work to help themselves.He said in 2 Thess. 3:10 "if a man shall not work, he shall not eat."

When Jesus told the man to go and sell all that he had and feed the poor, he was trying to teach about how hard it is for the rich man to enter heaven. The rich man was thinking in terms of earning righteousness to inherit eternal life but Jesus taught that it was a gift to be recieved. He wasn't telling us to sell all our posessions and give it away.

"All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need." Acts 4:32-35

I bolded the anyone. Of course times are different now than they were back in the days of Jesus. You can't just sell off all of your possessions and expect to survive. But too many people today put their own wants above others needs.

Did I attack you????? What strong words did I use???? Who did I judge??? I understand that Jesus is not everyones God. But He is mine. And I believe I should be able to express my views on Obama and why I feel he is not a man of character just like the rest of you do. As far as I'm concerned, I don't make the rules , God does. If His laws offended someone here, then their problem is with Him, not me. I believe in God and therefore, I try my best to abide by what He says is right. I'm not perfect.

I have found that people get so bent out of shape when you tell them what GOD has to say on any issue (as if they were my own laws and not His) I guess it's just hard to hear what you don't want to hear from the one who Created us. Because if you say you believe in God, you would then have to obey him, and people just want to live the way they want to.

If you don't believe in God, well, that's your choice too.

There is a large differnce in 'giving' what you have to those in need, and the government 'taking' what you have to give to those in need.

Perhaps they would have. And no, it doesn't really matter. I was just musing.....Joy seems much more vitriolic than Elizabeth (or Barbara or Whoopi, for that matter).

I think Joy has resigned herself to the fact that she's an old hag so she's decided she's earned the right to be grumpy and bitchy. She gives post-menopausal women a bad name.