Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sticking after fill

I had my third fill this week and am having trouble eating much of anything. It seems like everything I eat is sticking. I can usually keep it down but it is very painful for a good half hour after I eat and I have a lot of sliming (yuck). Anyone know if this should get better or should I go in and get an unfill? Don't really want to do that as I have not lost anything in the last month before this fill. Thoughts????

Hi,

I had my second fill this week and am having exactly the same issue -- I actually had my first real PB today (now I know how miserable it is!). I'm really eager to hear any and all opinions...

Hey guys...I had my first fill a week and a half ago and i was told to do 2 days of liquids prior to the fill and two days of liquids after fill (day of fill is considered a day of liquid) and then two days of mushies. My doc said this process will prevent pb'ing. With that said I ate literally 3 noodles in a Pasta salad on the second day of mushies and it got stuck!! I ate yogurt ( which is my go to snack when all else fails) and i couldnt keep it down either :thumbup:

I thought I was too tight ( my first sill was 4 cc in a 10 band) but i went on liquids for a day and waited and now all things go down pretty normally. In fact i probally need another fill in a few weeks.

Hand in there. Due liquids for a day or two and chew really well. Im sure you know that but liquids helped me :)

I am an idiot!

I was banded in January, 2008 and I had my second fill on 9/11/08. 1st fill 2 cc(no problems), 2nd fill 1 cc - 10 cc band. First day I thought I was doing great, had liquids and I tested the waters by eating a couple of crackers before going to bed - all was well. Yesterday morning I had my Protein shake - also no problem. Yesterday afternoon, I took an advil and it was all down hill from there. Swollen, massive pain in my chest, everything I drank came back up. I spoke with the doctor (and of course I did not tell him about the advil) and he said it normally takes 24-48 hours for the band to adjust into its new adjustment. I had acid reflux several times for the first time last night. I am much better this morning. Drinking small amounts of tea.

I think the acid reflux scared me more than anything.

I hope to start mushies in a couple of days.

Just goes to show that I should have listened to my doc and not pushed myself!

Karen

Lost 40lbs.

Goal 100lbs.

Thanks all for the replies. Perhaps I will go back to liquids for a couple days and see what happens. I do wish I knew how much my doc put in. He won't tell as he doesn't want patients comparing amounts. He did tell me that I needed to be careful now as I am tighter than I have ever been. So we shall see!!!!! Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches