Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Aussie to the forum - Hi :-)

Hi Everyone,

I have lurked for a couple of days and thought I might join up since I keep coming back!

Feeling very inspired by all the great pics and the great advice.

I'm 36 - mum to Miss 11 and Master 4. Working casually at the moment, am an Early Childhood teacher by profession.

I live in Central West NSW. I gather there are some other Aussies on here too :-)

I was banded on 31st May. I had to do the preop diet thing and lost 5 kg (thinking it's 11 lbs?) in that 2 weeks.

I was up and about within the hour of getting out of recovery and felt quite good. I certainly didn't feel like drinking the next day but forced myself too... It felt so tight going down - even the smallest of sips. The next day (I was still in hospital) they brought some pumpkin Soup and I threw it up (if you can call it that - it was strange - just like it was sitting there at the top of my oespophagus). The Dr came to see me and said my oesophagus was probably so swollen it was blocked - so they put me back on the IV (which was only taken off hours before) and I was on there for about 48 hours with nil by mouth. I ended up spending 6 days in hospital and was glad to get home.

I havne't had a chance to get back to the dietician yet - she is about 6 hours away... but I've been living on trim runny custard, drinking yoghurt and soup (oh I am so sick of soup).... so it will be 3 weeks this Tuesday. I'll have to try and organise to speak to her so I know what happens from here.

I lost 6 kg the week after the op (13.2lbs) but have stalled now... I suppose that is normal till you have a fill is it?

I feel really great.

I have a few things to ask the Dr after reading this forum... for starters I really don't know what sort of band he ended up using.

I know I have only 4 scars whereas most of you guys seem to have 5.. and also mine are really high up ie. I have very large boobs - and there is one scar sort of on the tummy under each of them, then a smaller scar on the belly (up between them and a longer scar on the belly in the middle where they part - where the port is - so the only scar you really see on me is the one where the port is.

Hope to find out heaps more from everyone here and will enjoy chatting to you all I'm sure.

Thanks heaps,

NSW Gal :-)

Hello from way down south (Hobart) where it is a chilly 7 degrees at lunchtime! This is a great forum with lots of good information.

I can relate to the Soup - I was banded in February 2004 and my surgeon had me on liquids for nearly 6 weeks before progressing to mushies. I was so sick of soup by then I swore I was never going to have soup again.....but of course I have.

My weight loss would stall very few months or so until I went in and had a fill, then I would get restriction again and lose weight. Hopefully 15months down the track, I have found my sweet spot.

Good to hear that you feel great - keep up the good work.

Hiya

I am in NSW Australia too. Do you ever go to the Ozband site? Hope to talk to you more.

Welcome to LBT! So glad you found us. This is such a great place to find support and information. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Thanks for your lovely welcome everybody :-)

I haven't found that site Kel yet?

I am having terrible trouble with Constipation and haven't lost a thing more - I am still stuck on that 11kg loss :-( Is that normal? Gawd I thought it would have been falling off me as I'm living primarily on fluids ie. Soups etc. still - till I get my first fill in about 4 weeks.

I tried some mashed up eggs the other night - mixed up with Mayonnaise and I found it was stuck high up in my oesophagus.

I'm still getting pains in my left shoulder too - I wonder when they'll stop? Surely all the gas is out of me from the op?

Other than that - I feel fine.... I can't wait to get back to my Dr though - I have sooooo many questions!

Thanks for listening,

AL_NSW

banded 31st May 2005 :-)

I was on Clear Liquids for 10 days and was losing weight like crazy. Now i am on full liquids and have gained some back. It's confusing to me because I know that I am not taking in that many calories. I think we all are very aware of our intake from all those years of dieting. I am taking in less than 1000 calories a day. I guess I better get my butt moving!

Hello Aussie Lass NSW,

I am also from Central West Nsw. I'm from Blayney. I also was banded in 2005. Would be great to have a chat about our journeys. I'm around your age & have 3 children, 5, 3, & 1

Trish

*pops head in* hi from a Queensland girl, Welcome and look forward to hearing all about your weight loss!

*pops head out*

Bel