Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

self-pay--cost of Texas Drs.??

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Dr on a self-pay budget? I live in the Dallas area. I'm considering going to Mexico, but I would prefer to stay closer to home.

I need to know if a doctor is good and how much he charges. Thanks, BCW

Dr. Wade Barker in Mesquite. $10,100 including overnight at the hospital if you want. $100 per fill after that.

great deal and he is great!!

Hey Dallasdoll. Thanks for the reply. How did you learn about Dr. Barker? I can't find any info on him. I noticed that there was another posting asking about him, and you were the only one who replied.

Why aren't more people familiar with him? The price sounds too good to be true. I'm not doubting you at all, but I just need more info.

Thanks, BCW

I'm a self pay also. I'm going to surgery center of richardson for

$15,000 and includes fills for one year. I'm seeing dr.

Anderson.

i found him after much research...$15000 was too much for me to pay out of pocket and i didnt want to go to Mexico... he is on obesity help and thats where i initially found him... i drove up from Houston to have the surgery with him....i am super happy with my decision.

his office is always PACKED! the price is great... i am super happy with surgery and he is a great guy..... he does mostly gastric bypass but 2 lap bands per week.

call his office to find out more if you still question it.

I went with Dr. Spivak in Houston. He is a great Dr with a lot of experience and a great office staff. It was $15,000 which included fills and office visits for 1 year. To ease the burden on my pocket book I financed through Cosmetic Fee Plan. His office has other financeing options as well.

I'll be using Dr. Spivak, too. $15,000 is the price I have on my paperwork, but I noticed that his website says $15,500. I have all the same info as "Drama Queen".

$5000 less is tempting, but I'm sticking close to home.

Colleen

Dr Benavides in Richardson did mine and he is a living doll!! His office staff is great too! I paid $15000 for my surgery but I didn't use a financing plan. I have a friend who just won BIG BUCKS from her Phen-fen lawsuit ande is lending me the money interest free.

Thanks for all the great replys. I'm having a hard time making up my mind because everyone is so sold on their Dr. and they all seem to cost about the same. (about 15,000) I guess too many options are better than too few.

Where's a coin to flip when you need one?

I understand cost is an issue with self pay ( my insurance only covered 1/2) but don't let that alone make your decision. Do some research on the doctors you narrow it down to including the Mexico docs and pick the one with the best track record and enough experience. I am certainly not saying that any doctors mentioned aren't great doctors. I only know about the houston area ones myself, but your life and quality of life are worth more than five or six thousand dollars in the long run. Just make sure whoever you pick has a good reputation as well as a good price.

Best of luck!

I must say Dr. Spivak is great! I had insurance, but seems like his price is pretty much the standard and I felt really safe with him. He is the first doc in Texas to do this procedure and has a lot of experience and no mortalities due to surgery! BIG PLUS!!!!

That's just my on opinion. :)

I am a self-pay with Dr. Spivak and was banded last week. Everything was great and I have had great follow-up from both Dr. S's office and the Surgicenter.

I know that everyone is different, but I have had an easy recovery so far and have lost 10 lbs in a week. I have had several laproscopic surgeries and this was by far the easiest to recovery from. I am 52 and was worried about my ability to "bounce back" in time to go back to work.

I can't sing the praises of Dr. Spivak & his team enough!

Colleen

I also used Dr. Spivak, but was not self pay. I was fortunate enough for my insurance to kick in. His office staff is incredible and he was great as well. My procedure was done at Park Plaza and the staff after my surgery took great care of me. One of my nurses was even a bandster! I am looking forward to all the filler-ups with him.

Good Luck!

I just had my LapBand done with Dr Barker this last Monday. He is the GREATEST! This is the second time that I have had surgery with Dr Barker. (some repaires)

He is not in Dallas, so that may be why you haven't found him. He has offices in Garland and Mesquite.