Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 more days! EEK! I'm excited

My surgery is on Wednesday. I'm really excited about it, nervous too. I have been reading these " Lapband didn't work for me" posts and those scare me, I mean granted I truly believe that if you follow the diet and you have discipline in nutrition/exercise it will work. This is a big step for me, I'm looking forward to not having to worry about future health problems and being able to go shopping!!! Although I'm already sick of my Protein Shakes, and it's really too hot to be working out...I'm doing it. I'm also looking forward to using this board more and more as I progress...so...I'll let you all know how it goes! :lol:

I'll be with you. My surgery is at 7:30 Wednesday.

I feel a little weak today. Poor oh lean Protein and veggie for lunch and dinner. lol

I can't wait until Monday and Tuesday. liquids only so I'm reminding myself not to complain today. lol

Good luck. Let me know how you do.

:thumbup:I too will be with you both. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am. I too am nervous but very excited about my life that is to come. Good luck all, and I will keep you all posted on progress.

Kdog

Good luck you guys! I got my band last friday and I love it already.

Yes. Good luck!!!!!! I am getting mine next Friday. Keep us posted. Soooo exciting!!!

ok 6 day post op and I'm going to buy a scale today to see how much I've lost already. I can't drive until my post-op which sucks, but everything is good. I'm keeping the gas under control with Gas-X I suggest you guys buy some you WILL need it. I'm ready to actually eat something! I'm just eager to get on my way to being healthy. I'm going to do weight watchers with my band. I'm really excited about it all. The first night at home was the worst, but day by day I get better. Hope everyone else is doing well!

So happy to hear your doing okay! Okay, Gas-X, need to put that on my list! LOL!

Keep us updated on your progress...all the best to you!!!

I am 4 days post op today! I feel really good. I have found that drinking hot tea really soothes my tummy if I start to feel nausea. I am drinking tons of Water,jello,popsicles and an occasional Protein shake. Yesterday I started eating creamed soup! Yummy. That really made a difference as well. My doc put me on thick liquids for 3 weeks! YIKES! But on the up side I am down 11 lbs! So good luck to all and keep up the good work!

Obtech 89117

My surgery is Wednesday as well but won't know what time until Tuesday. Reminding myself to put gas-x on my shopping list. I agree with the waiting for Christmas remark. Other than marrying my second husband 9 years ago and the birth of my two boys (20 plus years ago), this is the most excited I have been in a while. I'm motivated.....:thumbup:

My surgery is Tuesday, Sept. 23rd too, I don't find out what time until Monday. I've been on the Opti-Fast for the past two weeks. No food. well, some SF Jello and popcicles, but i'm doing ok. Just really getting excited. it is like waiting for Christmas! I am so ready to start this journey to a new healthier me! Reading your posts keep me inspired. Thanks! Its nice we are all in the same situation! God Bless.:thumbup:

Oh my gosh Becky... not long now!!! Good luck to you. My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Monday. Just got my band yesterday and I am feeling MUCH better than I thought I would..... so far anyway. Keep smiling. You're gonna do great!! I'm excited for you!! Becky