Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

Hi, all, Terri, I hope things go better for you. You are very brave! I am doing well with my weight loss, but I still have over 100 lbs to lose. I think that is why I have lost so quickly also my doctor kept me on thick liquids for 5 1/2 weeks. So I am still on mushies. :)

Banded: 9/29/2008

Lost: 30 lbs

110 still to go.

September Samurai

Oh Gosh I've been on real food since Early October. For more than a month and a half now. I do think that would help.

teri

Hello everyone - it's been a long time since I last checked in. I am about 7wks post op and doing great. Eating what ever I want - but making the right choices in what I do eat. Keeping the carbs under 50g, Protein @ 60g a day and hitting the Y at least 2-3 times a week with the DH & DD. Wishing everyone Happy Turkey day soon.

Good morning all! Great reading everyone's posts.

Teri, not sure which anti-depressant you are on, but I've been on Prozac on and off for years for serious bouts of depression. Well, I've been off it since prior to surgery due to concern with it getting stuck in my band (how do you get those Vitamins down - any tips??). I met with my psychiatrist yesterday, who is my prescribing doctor, and it turns out that Prozac comes in liquid form.

You might want to investigate that option, since it won't hurt your stomach and will be released properly via a liquid delivery method.

I'm down a few pounds to 203.2 as of this morning - slowly but surely - big smile on my face :(!

I am glad to see everyone doing so well. I just came back from my 2nd fill. It wasn't too bad. I could feel a difference with the Water. Of course, that doesn't mean I will feel a difference when I eat. I will take it slow. I found out I now have 2.6cc in the 10cc band. I will do liquids until tomorrow and try to progress from there.

Teri, keep up the good work. Don't let anyone discourage you. You have been very strong and very brave through this entire thing. You keep going the way that you have and nothing can stop you.

Be blessed everyone!

Well I'm home from my "second fill appt". I will add appt, as I didn't get it. The dr couldn't access my port, so he sent me for an xray. It's flipped. Apparently we're not supposed to do tummy crunches. Guess what I did last weekend? Yup crunches. No one told me I can't do that. So it's gonna mean another surgery. Not sure if it'll be right away, or after the holidays. I will find out more thursday when they try to access my port with fluorscopy. I'm gonna glow in the dark from it all.

The good thing is according to their scale I've lost 4 pounds in two weeks.

teri

I think all of us September Sumurai are doing well. The breath thing does seem to be worse for those of us who are diabetics. I have my breath cannister with me at all times. I do think it has to do with losing weight also. Good luck to all! Dot

What is a breath cannister? And where can I get one?

Niecey

I go for my first fill today.

I'm a little nervous; no I'm alot nervous!

I think I've lost a few more pounds.

I'm waiting for my appt to weigh as my scale is not very accurate.

(Does anyone have a recommendation on a good scale?)

I need to buy a new one!

terilynn112 did you feel the port when it flipped or did you have any indication this had happened (i.e. soreness or anything like that?)?

I'm sorry this has happened to your port!:rolleyes2:

Hang in there!

They told me I should have felt it. I didn't. I thought it felt different yesterday morning, while I took my shower, but I said nah, it's my brain playing tricks. But nope, it's moved. I can physically move it from where it is with some discomfort, so I fear it's pretty much all loose. Tomorrow will give me either a surgery date, or a fill. I hate the idea of more surgery already. I feel like I've done something wrong. But I did as my dr said... after 6 weeks to bump it up. I had no problem with my last fill (11/4), but this time they couldn't do it. So it's been in the last two weeks. The only change I've made is I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred video. It has some tummy crunches in it. I think that may have done it. Not 100% sure though.

Teri

Hi everyone! I just had my first fill last Thursday and it rocks. I have lost eight pounds per the doctor scale in less than a week. Teri I am sorry that you are having more problems. I hope all goes well. I hope everyone else is doing well. Tamara

Well I had my second fill and I do believe I can feel a difference. I stay full longer! I did find out I have the new large band and it holds 17cc and I now have 6 so I have a long way to go. I can go back in 2 weeks if I need. I have not lost much more but my clothes are getting large! This time of losing I am actually losing all over and not getting too droopy. Not sure what the difference is. Even my PC noticed that this time is not like the others. It just is exciting to think that this time it may really work to change my life. My legs already feel better. I am truly blessed to be able to have this journey.

Well I had my first fill!

Everything went well.

NO PAIN!

It felt really weird though like someone squeezing my tummy inside.

DUH!

But I am okay!

The Lidocain stung just a smidgin but other than that it was not bad.

I felt the PA digging around a little so we'll see if I'm sore tomorrow.

Back to liquids for two days and then mushies for two more. Then starting the regular foods a little at a time.

I've lost 5.6 lbs since last month.

YEAH!:thumbup:

That makes a total of 24 lbs gone so far!

WOO HOO!

guess I better update my ticker!

What is a breath cannister? And where can I get one?

Niecey

It is a little breath spray I get from the Amway-Quixtar folks (our friends are big in that organization). It comes in cinnamon or mint. I think you must be able to buy something like it at regular stores. Good luck, Dot

I go for my first fill today.

I'm a little nervous; no I'm alot nervous!

I think I've lost a few more pounds.

I'm waiting for my appt to weigh as my scale is not very accurate.

(Does anyone have a recommendation on a good scale?)

I need to buy a new one!

My DH gave me one for our anniversary. It is a Health O Meter digital. It keeps my weight in memory and tells me how much I have lost. Dot:thumbup:

I bet we have the same one Dot. I love it.

I love mine this morning. Since my attempt at a fill tuesday I have lost (according to my scale) 4 pounds. Man I'll take that.

I'm very nervous today. If anyone prays, would you mind saying one for me? It's my first time with the surgeon himself doing it. And it's in a already tender area being that the dang thing moved on me.

Teri