Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!! :-( I have a bad case of the poops

Ok this may be TMI for all of you but I just done know what to do and want to know what to expect...

I am on a clear liquid diet only...I will be on this for 4 more days. I was banded on Tuesday AUg 26 and today I had my first poop. Than after that I had about 5 more...however...what is going in as liquid is well...pouring out the same way...I cant lay down for more than a half hour and than I have to go again ...I am exhausted and dont know what to do...I called the doctor and he told me that I would have to wait the night out befoer he decided if I needed to go to the er or not...and in the interrum, just wait it out....I am shaking and crying now and am just so weak and tired...

Any suggestions???

Gosh, I hate to say that I wish I had the poops. The first week or so, I did have a little diarrhea, and then in the second week, I had another day of it. Just be glad something is coming out. I think it's all the meds you get, plus the liquids you are taking in, plus the anesthesia and change to your body. I think it's normal. As long as it's not coming up the other way, I think you are safe.

Now, if it continues a lot longer and you feel faint, then I would call the doc. I say to just keep your fluids going. I think you will be fine.

Do you have any gatorade? If so, drink some of it. pronto! It will help you feel better and less shaky. If you don't, have your husband pick some up for you.

i had the same thing. i practically lived on the toilet. I just kept the liquids going in so i didn't dehydrate & i stayed close to the bathroom.. after about a week, it finally subsided. hang in there & keep drinking!

I think gatorade makes a "light" but if not, have the full stuff. Seriously, if you've gone that much your electrolytes are messed up. A little (2 oz, 4 oz ) gatorade, see if you can keep it in. then a little more. If you need it it won't taste super salty to you.

And just FYI Gatorade is great to have on hand for the runs.

You don't need just hydration if you lose that much liquid...

makes sense if you think about it. THat's one reason you're so shakey. You'll feel a LOT better once you get some on board.

Yeah I agree with the gatorade. I think that it sounds like your body is detoxing. Your body is a machine. And after you rid it of all your unhealthy habits and unhealthy foods that you were previously eating ,You will feel better. And try to rest and stay busy if that makes sense. Sometimes if you over think about things they seem to get worse. I can't wait to get banded. I hope you feel better soon!!!

I dont think I could do a week like this...I have to go back to work on tuesday and wednesdy I have to meet all my new kiddies in school.....

so far no episodes in 30 minutes....

Did you drink some gatorade? I'm serious about it...husband's an RN I'm a student nurse. It will help you feel a lot better. Won't stop the runs but will help.

I recommend taking 2 doses of immodium with your first episode of diarrhea and then if you have another episode take another dose you can take up to 6 or 8 doses in a 24 hr period dont just take 1 dose and think thats gonna get rid of it sometimes it takes a lot (this is what I tell my chemotherapy pts)

As for fluids the make PROPEL ZERO that is sugar free it may not have all the electrolytes in it that Gatorade does but it has some and fluids are def what you need. I hope you get better. Keep us posted just remember that you need to drink double the fluids if youre having a lot of diarrhea bc you can get dehydrated very quickly.

I seem to have those episodes after fills..I think your stomach gets irritated and ticked off....anyhow go to the ER if it doesnt get better!!

Ok. Stuff with sugar won't hurt you right now ... more important to get things stabilized. I'm not familiar with Propel but if it's a competitor to gatorade then I'm sure it will work too! Glad to know the shaking is getting better! Poor thing!