Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

I liked this statement from the feminists for life site.

"FFL members represent a broad political as well as religious spectrum, and we remain both nonpartisan and nonsectarian. There are many issues outside Feminists for Life’s mission. Feminists for Life is dedicated to systematically eliminating the root causes that drive women to abortion - primarily lack of practical resources and support - through holistic, woman-centered solutions. We recognize that abortion is a reflection that our society has failed to meet the needs of women and that too often women have settled for less. Women deserve better than abortion," said Foster. "

It seems like you have been putting ALL of your time and energy into trying to get your point across about Obama. Ok, you are definitely intitled to your opinion and to spend all your time the way you choose. I give you credit for that, although our views are different.

LOL! I have an opinion about a myriad of issues. That's just the direction the discussion was going, so I commented on it. I would still like to know what those NV ratios are for the various senators. I wish there were an easy way to find out.

I think this whole discussion arose out of the question of whether Palin or Obama was more experienced (not that we should be comparing top-of-ticket to bottom-of-ticket, but, surprisingly, we are). I'm all for dialogue, but if we aren't willing or able able to back up our opinions, IMO it's not responsible behavior. Therefore, I try to follow up on issues that I raise or respond to, or to questions that are asked of me. Some people get down on me and say I never let an issue go, but I view it as just being thorough. :)

I liked this statement from the feminists for life site.

"FFL members represent a broad political as well as religious spectrum, and we remain both nonpartisan and nonsectarian. There are many issues outside Feminists for Life’s mission. Feminists for Life is dedicated to systematically eliminating the root causes that drive women to abortion - primarily lack of practical resources and support - through holistic, woman-centered solutions. We recognize that abortion is a reflection that our society has failed to meet the needs of women and that too often women have settled for less. Women deserve better than abortion," said Foster. "

Nice. I don't know if I posted this earlier here, but I watched an interview from months ago with Palin. When asked how she could handle her pregnancy and the governorship, she said, "I believe a woman can work, think, and carry a baby all at the same time." Sarah Palin: Proof Positive that a woman doesn't have to kill her unborn children, even the disabled ones, to be successful.

I like you Gadgetlady!

Yes, I would much rather someone back up their opinions instead of saying "she is not as qualified as Obama".

My political views have changed over the years. Very different now than when I was 20.

Nobody had a problem during the Democratic convention when Obama's little girls were talking to their father via satellite. They said "where are you Daddy". Bet they haven't seen much of him lately, but you don't hear any negative views about that. We are still a sexist society, and hopefully Palin WILL break through that glass ceiling.

ok - going to finally post after reading every comment.

we are ready for a woman President - not just VP....this VP candidate does not share my values; therefore - not going to swing me in the other direction....my liberal values just won't let me go there.

that said - i had a LONG , LONG conversation w/my 2 best friends last night. they both share gadget's view in all respects of the political spectrum. they are FLOORED, insulted, and angry in the choice of Palin. i of course giggled, but was intrigued by their comments. i was shocked at their dismay of this alaskan gov, that they now see the obama/biden ticket more appealing. which makes my giggles louder!!

she will not get the disenfranchised hillary votes. i think her selection has made this much more interesting; but in the end will be mccains demise.

your own individual politics decides who you vote for - not gender/ not race.

I could have never said it any better than what Jack wrote and quoted. I believe on honest, aggressive, hard working people who are not afraid to stand up for good moral values and what they believe in. She is upfront with who she is and what she is and willing to take on anyone who wants to give her guff about it.

I also believe McCain will do nothing but strengthen this country when he is in the White House. This country is still in the midst of war and we need to be steady and unified. Division within will only make us weak in the eyes of other countries.

Sort off topic but still well within the line of this conversation, does anyone realize that nowhere in the Bible is the US spoken of regarding the End Times? I believe that is strongly relative to who is in the White House be it Democrat or Republican.

she will not get the disenfranchised hillary votes. i think her selection has made this much more interesting; but in the end will be mccains demise.

I read a poll yesterday -- don't remember which one it was but it may have been Zogby -- and was surprised that 22% of Hillary supporters have turned into McCain/Palin supporters. I just don't get it. I really, really don't. There is nothing I can imagine that would every sway me to the Democrat ticket -- for purely ideological reasons. Someone told me today that they heard a rumor Geraldine Ferraro is going to vote for McCain because of Palin. I have looked online but haven't been able to verify the info. Again, I don't get it. How gender affects political ideology and the ability to be successful in office is beyond me.

I have heard Geraldine speak on FOX and she does support Palin.

Sort off topic but still well within the line of this conversation, does anyone realize that nowhere in the Bible is the US spoken of regarding the End Times? I believe that is strongly relative to who is in the White House be it Democrat or Republican.

Confused here - the USA wasn't here when the bible was written

So you think that the world is going to come to an end when a democrate is in office not a repbulication - they are all friggin crooks they all are politicians - we just have to go with what they say - cuz at the end of the 4 yrs nothing they said was going to happend will have happended.

Yes I am a cynic - but I will still vote - it's my right...

I read a poll yesterday -- don't remember which one it was but it may have been Zogby -- and was surprised that 22% of Hillary supporters have turned into McCain/Palin supporters. I just don't get it. I really, really don't. There is nothing I can imagine that would every sway me to the Democrat ticket -- for purely ideological reasons. Someone told me today that they heard a rumor Geraldine Ferraro is going to vote for McCain because of Palin. I have looked online but haven't been able to verify the info. Again, I don't get it. How gender affects political ideology and the ability to be successful in office is beyond me.

if a hillary supporter jumps fence to mccain/palin - for the shear purpose of the gender card....well then; sad day.

stuns me - can't see it; hurts my liberal heart that gender will decide this election. ferraro has her own bitterness; she'll still vote for obama.

i am a daughter of a mcgovern "mom" - i LOVE woman are now in this race & ARE going to be factors, as stated - politics & my values decide my vote.

Some of the views of the people in this country just kill me. How can anyone vote for a person for President and to be our commander in chief without any military experience. Obama is inexperienced in foreign politics and in other ways with our millitary. And on top of that people need to stop and realize that the pres. doesn't make many decisions without the backing or ok'ing of congress. So if a conservative wanted to ban abortion he couldn't do it alone without it being voted on first.

All you Obama supporters need to look alittle closer at all the experience McCain has in his history as a senator and a veteren. That kind of experience cannot be beat. And another thing look at the history of democratic pres. they make alot of promises but cannot follow through because of the money needed to do them. Obama and his "good" intentions, health care for everyone---NOT A Chance---this country is too far gone for that. Presidents weather Dem. or Rep. can never follow through on all their promises because it takes the backing of congress for them to happen. So think about experience it helps alot.

All you Obama supporters need to look alittle closer at all the experience McCain has in his history as a senator and a veteren. quote]

oh, i have - and baby bush was such an outstanding officer in the military...oh wait did he serve???

i come from a military family - all my brothers are West Point Grads ; got in myself, but didn't like the early wake up call. both my parents served as officers in Vietnam...so i GET the call to service. service does not make one presidential - vice versa.

people will vote their political choice - lets not get in the patriotic game because some oppose baby bush's war. not fair, not accurate, not real.

Confused here - the USA wasn't here when the bible was written

So you think that the world is going to come to an end when a democrate is in office not a repbulication - they are all friggin crooks they all are politicians - we just have to go with what they say - cuz at the end of the 4 yrs nothing they said was going to happend will have happended.

Yes I am a cynic - but I will still vote - it's my right...

Janet-

You crack me up!

Why doesn't anyone remember how well the country was doing when Clinton was president? It has been a long 8 yrs with no promises kept!

Can't bear another 4.

:lol:OH NO-I didn't mean to start something here!

Does anyone realize that this is a LapBand Forum...not political blog?! That said, I like you LULUC! You haven't let anyone get away with anything. I am for Obama/Biden and would be very concerned if McCain was elected. That would be yet another sad day for our country. I doubt Palin will make it to the election. McCain is a war-monger with a hot temper. He will keep America in a scared condition; fighting wars for no legal reason; while making sure to preserve and support the rich at the expense of the rest of us. Obama and Biden have the intelligence and integrity to move this country into a safer, optimistic, and successful direction. We need to earn back the respect and trust of the rest of the world!