Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To those getting banded on the 27th of August

Glad to see you back, Ro. I have to admit I was miserable those first few days too, and felt a lot of pain. But it does get better, so I know in a week, you're going to feel more human.

Good to see your dad pulled up okay!

Thanks Lellow!! I can't wait to feel no pain! I just wished I'd pulled up like Dad did!

I bet you do. I felt like a complete wuss for feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, when others here in our Allstars group were saying they went home the same day! But we all react differently, so while it's no fun being so sore, the jobs now done and it'll only get better from here.

I'm almost 1 month out from my op now and feel nothing. Not my incisions, not my port - nothing. :biggrin: I sometimes feel my tummy for the hard lump of my port site just to remind myself I've been banded!

So I'm done.

Not the most pleasant experience I've had but I'm getting there. Dad stayed overnight and went home the next day almost running down the halls! He has pulled up really well. Me, well, not so much. I had a LOT of pain at my port site and found it REALLY hard to move, so the hospital kept me in a second night so they could manage the pain. There were a few absolute cows working the day and afternoon shifts. If I had the energy and inclination I would have said something to their supervisor. Today it is a lot better and I'm home to mum's now :thumbup:. Been walking as much as I can.

Roomed with a girl the first night who had to get her band replaced because she didn't listen to it and ate too much causing vomiting which she didn't tell anyone about and had a slippage! She had lost 40kgs in 9 months though which was great but the slippage was a timely reminder to me about working with your band!:cursing:

Well going to go for a little wander in the fresh air.

Hey Ro...I too was in pain around the port area. Walk as much as you can and get lots of rest! I'm glad your Dad going so good, that's awesome, you'll be feeling the same way in a couple of days!:biggrin:

I reported at 1030am and they took me back around noon and was home around 5pm. And I have to say that I feel like a truck ran over me. And since I'm allergic to Vicodin, they gave me Tylenol w/Codeine, so the pain isn't going away as much as I'd like. There's another 'and' in here as well, we found out that I'm allergic to the adhesive they used on me, so now I've got these God-awful raised rashes all over my abdomen, so I'm waiting for the hospital to call me back with some meds. Gaaah. *lol*

But I stepped on the scale 2 days post-op and I'm down 6 lbs. I just keep thinking that I actualloy went through with this and I'm on my way to doing the right thing for my life. :biggrin:

I too had lots of pain...ended up in Surgical Intensive Care a couple hours after my surgery because nothing would ease the pain & I couldn't breathe! I drove myself home 48 hours after natural child birth with my first son & 24 hours after C-Section with 2nd son, so I couldn't figure out why I was having such a hard time with this procedure. I'm stubborn & normally tough as nails, but this surgery was very hard for me to recover from for some reason. I'm now 2+ weeks down the road & feeling terrific, but that first 10 days was full of pain pain & more pain. It sure would have been nice to be one of the ones that had very little pain, but we're all different!

So give yourself time for a good rest. Hopefully, you'll feel a little better every single day. I'll be thinking of all us new bandsters & wishing everyone well!

Hello Everyone,:rolleyes:

I am back:thumbup:, 2nd day post surgery and feeling pretty good. Still sore in the incision spots though. And a little uncomfortable when getting in and out of bed but other than that I must say I am feeling alright. I am sorry to hear that others of you haven't been doing as well. I have been able to eat/drink a little more today, wasn't able to do much yesterday. Today I was able to drink halfs of my protien shake, a couple of spoonfuls of applesauce and a popsicle so far. Haven't been feeling hungry like others I have read about and hoping this feeling lasts at least a week 2 would be great. I haven't been able to check my weight loss thus far because I don't have a scale so that is driving me crazy but I am pretty sure I lost something. I lost about 10 pounds on my pre-op diet so anxcious to see how much I have lost so far. I also wanted to say thank you to all of you have kept me in your thoughts and prayers during these past couple of days.:biggrin:

Congrat Luv2prayz glad to hear you are going ok!

I am feeling much better today :biggrin:...forcing myself to have the 2 Protein drinks and Water though and some Soup....I really am not that hungry!! I have no issues with my other incisions except the itch factor it is mainly my port site giving me grief but I am finding it easier to get in and out of bed. I have been walking around and usually get up at least once in the night for a walk although I really don't feel that much gas pain. Occasionally get a bit sore in the shoulders but it doesn't stay long and just feels like I have been headbanging a bit too vigourously :lol: My sites are covered with a waterproof covering so I am able to shower easily which is great!

I was talking with the girl in my room who had to get the replacement and she was telling me that she was in hospital 3 days the first time and this time she was really good, able to move and went home the next day no problems!

She was also mortified at the bitch of a nurse who came into our room and started to have a go at me saying "Why haven't you been up walking the halls yet? The seven other people who had surgery the same day as you has been out there walking!" She was really nasty about it too. I had been walking to the toilet numerous times, in fact more than the girl who had had the replacement. She was horrible to me about taking pain meds too because I was a bit nervous about the whole will they make me vomit factor. I do wonder why people become nurses who have no compassion for people or really just common decency. There was one other bitch of a nurse who when I got my second roommate came in once saying "What now?" when my roommate buzzed her for some pain meds! Her demeanor was downright 'grumpy nasty cow!' Luckily the other nurses were nice. My cousin who is also a nurse was mortified by these nurses behaviour and said I should have said something to the nursing supervisor but when you are feeling like crap, I had no energy to do this!

I did revert to a childish behaviour later when I was walking the hall a few hours after the bitch had had a go at me...as I walked past I poked out my tongue. :tt2: I couldn't believe me as a 31 year old would do that but it was all that I could manage and it did make me feel better :lol: