Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else Dr. Marquez in Austin????

No. The pre-op diet is very simuliar to the Adkins diet. Low carbs. You have to limit your daily carbs to 30 and at least 70 grams of protien. Since I will need Protein after surgery, I am getting used to the Protein Drinks. I have been eating a lot of chicken, fish, turkey with a small salad, (lemon for the dressing because you need to watch your fat intake) I eat eggs also. I scramble two eggs at night and put them in a plastic bowl and microwave them for Breakfast at work. I started the pre-op diet on Friday 09-19-08 and I have lost 7 pounds so far. I'm sure most of it is just Water. Plus I drink ALOT of water throughout the day.

I am so ready for my surgery day. I can't wait to be healthy and slimmer.

Good Luck,

LSL

Dorothy

No. The pre-op diet is very simuliar to the Adkins diet. Low carbs. You have to limit your daily carbs to 30 and at least 70 grams of protien. Since I will need Protein after surgery, I am getting used to the Protein drinks. I have been eating a lot of chicken, fish, turkey with a small salad, (lemon for the dressing because you need to watch your fat intake) I eat eggs also. I scramble two eggs at night and put them in a plastic bowl and microwave them for breakfast at work. I started the pre-op diet on Friday 09-19-08 and I have lost 7 pounds so far. I'm sure most of it is just Water. Plus I drink ALOT of Water throughout the day.

I am so ready for my surgery day. I can't wait to be healthy and slimmer.

Good Luck,

LSL

Dorothy

FYI, Protein drinks are Great for post op , But try not to get "use" to drinking them on a regular basis. You want to eat your protein , get your protein from Solid sources.

I am sure that is what you meant but just wanted to clarify .

A lot of people "eat around their band" after post op and rely on protein drinks and that is now what the band is for .

HTH

Mindy

I actually didn't have to go on the pre-op diet, Dr. Marquez said I wasn't really large enough to require just wasn't to eat anything fatty the couple days before the surgery.

Jerry is ok as far as nutricinist, very nice but ya know someone that skinny telling me what to eat and not and just not getting it isn't really helpful. I need someone that has been here. Luckily I've not needed him too much. Once I asked to see him after being stuck at a plateau and he took the time to talk to me but really just said I was doing everything righ and it would work out.

The big thing is get yourself the Protein bullet's for right after surgery during the liquid phase. I wish I'd known, I actually had some hair loss due to not getting enough Protein. They are fruit punch flavored and if you mix them with the fruit punch crystal light work wonders.

I would also suggest before going in you get the gas-ex melt on your tongue strips and take the maximum dose right after you get home for a few days. Really helps the gas disapate quickly.

This surgical group is great, I had mine done in May at the Round Rock hospital and loved it there. So much personal attention, not really much pain at all. Just remember to take off the gauze bandages the next day, leave the steri strips on underneath them of course but take off the gauze. I left mine on too long and got a really bad itchy rash.

Hope this helps.

Hey Lone star your getting close to your surgery date. How are you doing? I'm so excited for you. This is truly the best thing I ever did for myself. ONly wish I'd done it 20 years ago....Keep us updated.

Good Luck, your in good hands!

Not yet -- I still have psych eval & nutrition consult. I got a 'bye" on the exercise since I am currently doing a marathon training program. Hope fully I will hear something next week.

Thanks Plakeway. I'm doing great. I started my pre-op diet last Friday, 1 week ago, and I am down 8 lbs. I haven't had any problems staying on the low carb high protien diet at all. Believe me, I have been put to the test at work with all the food everyone brings. Today the boss bought McAllister's sandwiches, which are delicious, but I passed and ate what I had brought from home. I am too excited about next Friday, 10-03-08, my surgery date to mess it up now. I have waited too long for this. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Lone Star (Dorothy)

Hey Dorthy, today is the big day, so excited for you. Hope you have your bullets ready for the liquid stage.

I tell ya again best thing I've ever done for myself. I lost pretty quickly after the surgery since May. I've hit a few plateau's and most recently got stuck at 200 lbs. I went on the pre surgery diet and now it's flying off again. I think if I'd realized how well that would work I would have immediately done that as soon as went on solids.

I got my first fill 20 days after surgerybut by then had lost 16 lbs so it's definately motivating. Can't wait to hear how your doing after surgery. How much time after work did you take off?

Good luck to you and hope you check in soon.:tongue:

GOOD LUCK To you !! I hope your doing well Stacy !!

You should be a loser by now !!!

Mindy

Thanks for the note -- it is nice to be REMEMBERED :-) I had my psych initial and I should go for the testing next week. I haven't heard from my insurance yet -- so I am still WAITING. I am anxious, nervous, happy, scared... hopeful!

I just wish I was already 6 months down the road. I will keep you posted on my progress :-)

Thanks for the note -- it is nice to be REMEMBERED :-) I had my psych initial and I should go for the testing next week. I haven't heard from my insurance yet -- so I am still WAITING. I am anxious, nervous, happy, scared... hopeful!

I just wish I was already 6 months down the road. I will keep you posted on my progress :-)

GIRL call those insurance people. its ok to bug them !!

I am APPROVED by Humana!!!! I had my psych testing today and go for the pre-op stuff on the 27th! I am nervous but excited :-)

:scared2:Hello, I am a Newbie and Dr. Marquez is going to be doing my lapbanding. I have an appointment with her on January 8th for all of my testing. I'm trying to get all of the testing done on the same day. I'm excited and nervious at the same time. I have about 100 lbs to lose and hopefully I will have my surgery done sometime in January or February. My surgery will be done in Round Rock and reading your thread, I'm very happy that they are all nice there. By the way, I live in Elgin.

Hi Edwina. I live in Austin. I believe that Dr. Marquez is in the same group of surgeons that my doctor is. My doctor is Bridget Brady with Southwest Bariactics. If Dr. Marquez is in with that group, I think you will be happy. Every doctor there is so nice. I had my surgery in Austin at Seton Hospital on 38th Street. Where did you go for the weight loss seminar? Seton also has a Support Group that meets once a month that really helps. I was banded on Oct. 3, 2008 and I have lost 52 lbs. Good luck with your appointment. Hopefully everything goes well and you will become a Bandster.

Good Luck,

Lone Star Loser