Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else Dr. Marquez in Austin????

Need a buddy that maybe sees Dr. Marquez or at least is in Austin. I've lost 30-33 lbs and I'm stuck at anyother discouraging plateau. :crying:

I go again Wed. but think my band is only 10 cc's and I already have 7. Can eat just about 2 cups of food again. Not sure why. I thought I'd hit my sweet spot after the last fill but not so much anymore.

Love Dr. Marquez. Would love to hear from others. thanks.

I live in Buda and i have a friend who is on here who was banded by Longoria.

Im happy to help in anyway i can .

email me

Mindy

Hey so I need help tweaking what I eat everyday. Can you give me a typical day of what you eat and what kind of exercise? Appreciate your help. I'm in Lakeway.

If you go to my blogg. My Weight Loss Journey : Getting Skinny in Texas there is an entry called " what do i eat ? " Or somethign like that lol you can see what i typically eat. As for working out. Well... ( Hiding in shame) I dont really .

I WAS early on i worked out w/ a personal trainer the first 3 months then i started doing something called the Couch to 5K program , but I got sick w/ pneumonia in Feb and stopped when i had to recover. Never started back up again . BUT im going to soon .

Feel free to email me as well I sent you a PM too

Mindy

That's great! You will love her, be sure to have your surgery at Round Rock the nurses were wonderful, very attentive. A suggestion, I had mine done OP as I'm sure you will. They would not release me till I had the xray to be sure I wasn't blocked and could swallow. Problem was I couldn't have any Water or even ice till they got me in to xray. I was sooooo thirsty. I would suggest having them schedule the xray before you even go into surgery so they will be ready when you are.

I had no problems all the nurses and docs there spoke very highly or her as well. Great experience would do it all over again. You'll have to let me know when your scheduled for the surgery and I'll give you pointers wished someone had given me.

Good Luck, I think she is just the best.:thumbdown:

Hi there I went to your blog but didn't see anything on what exactly you eat to have lost 100lbs in a year. Yea you!!! Congrats your my hero. I've lost 35 since May but on my period this week and gained. I know that's natural but still depressing. I had a fill last week too tight went back after 1 day for slight unfil, now think maybe I should have had even slighter unfil, getting hungry again. Need motivation, tell me your daily routine maybe that will help. thanks much.

If you go to the archived blogs there is one that it titled "what i ate" Something like that ? It has some of my "usuals" If you want more specifics email me i can give them to you .

For the most part though i eat what i want. I do not eat friend things, I do not eat bread, Pasta or rice.

But My "Staples" are on my blog. Feel free to email me or ask any questions.

HTH

Mindy

Here you go .

My Weight Loss Journey : Getting Skinny in Texas: What do you eat ?

Found it for ya LOL

My "daily routine" Well Mine is probably different than most because i dont work.

630 am Up and get the youngest to school

700 am drink Bolthouse shake for Breakfast

730-800 get oldest ready and off to school

8-200pm Cleaning house running errands,

I eat lunch around 12 or 1

Get youngest off the bus at 3

Do his homework .

5 Start to fix something for dinner get it in the oven

6 pick up oldest from Football practice , or go to football games, or decortae locker rooms for football games or SOMETHING to do w/ football

dinner is around 730 (if no game)

8 youngest in bed

9 Start Laundry

10 oldest in Bed

11 start working ( I keep books ect for our business )

1-2 am Bed

I know your wondering where my exercise is ? At this point i do not do it.

My "work out " Is my activity level i keep up w/ my house right now . Because a yr ago my time from 8-2 i did NOTHING . I kept my house as clean as I had to did what i barely had to to get by . I worked out w/ a personal trainer the first 4 months post op , Was running until Feb got very sick w/ pnemonia and bronchitis and stopped and have not been on the ball since. Im paying for it now though w/ flabby arms and the last 30 pds being a BITCH to get off ! BUT I am 150% more active than i was last yr.

I am involved in my 16 yr olds high school football program, booster club, ect .

Does that answer your question ?

Mindy

Hey appreciate the response but if you look at your routine you just tell me what time you eat not what you actually eat. Having lost as much as you have is a real inspiration! Congrats, hope to be in your shoes next year. thanks much

Hey appreciate the response but if you look at your routine you just tell me what time you eat not what you actually eat. Having lost as much as you have is a real inspiration! Congrats, hope to be in your shoes next year. thanks much

you want to know what I eat ?

Sorry confused , its late LOL

If you want to know what types of things i eat take a look at my blog , its in my signature line at the bottom , There is a blog titled something like " What do I eat" If that's now what your looking for let me know . Im a little slow today LOL

Does Dr. Marquez require the pre-op diet?

Most docs require some form of a pre op diet. I dont know of any that dont actually .

Weather its full liquids or high Protein low carb ? I am not sure , one of Dr M's patients will know . But most of them yes require a pre op diet

HTH

Mindy

I see Dr. Bridget Brady. She is in the same office as Dr. Marguez. I am on my pre-op diet now. Surgery is scheduled on Oct. 3rd. I can't tell you for sure, but they probably all require the pre-op, "low carb-high Protein diet". They all use the same Nutrionist, Jerry Elizondo, and he will go over all the requirements for before surgery as well as post surgery. He was so very nice as well as all the staff in that office.

Good Luck.

LoneStarLoser