Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I am going to the store this week to pick up everything I need for after surgery. Can anybody help me with a list? I am sort of freaking out and feeling very unprepared all of the sudden! I also quit caffeine today and feel like crap ! ONly 10 days until surgery!

Just wanted to add an updated list:

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans;

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413

October 28-BootyBee; Michele777

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup

October 30-kygirl31; IDHmngBird;

October 31-

Also, hope October 13th is "lucky" for: myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl

It's so exciting!!!!!!

~~anne

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hi guys! I am home. I stayed at the hospital for nearly two days. I ended up not feeling that great. The gas pain was pretty much unbearable, so they had me on a lot of IV pain killers as well as glucose saline since I coulnd't keep anything down.

I am trying to sip on Water, but when I do...it hurts! Anything and everything fills me up. I need to force myself to hydrate though so I am fighting it. The gas is so intense inside of me, it just rolls around and makes noises inside of my abdominal cavity. It's like, the worst feeling ever! You want to 'pass' it so bad, but it isn't in your digestive track.

Overall, I feel like crap - my body is just having a hard time adjusting, which I think is common. I am walking up and down my hallway and following all my surgeon's intructions to a T.

I had a few panic times where I thought, "Oh my GOD, what did I just do to myself?" It's really an emotional roller coaster, but I am hoping I will be feeling better soon, I'm feeling a lot of guilt for putting my body through this...

Anyone experienced any of this?

I am trying to sip on Water, but when I do...it hurts!

I'm pretty worried about this! I was horrible when they took out my tonsils! I didn't want to drink or eat anything..so I just didn't! Which is TERRIBLE!

Checking in!

First of all I appreciate every single person in this thread! hehe and wish everyone who is getting banded tomorrow a successfully safe surgery and a lot of good ol' burping.

Ok so yesterday was a rough rough day! I though I was going to be strong, I walked for about 30 minutes, I literally had to sit down and rest every ten minutes because of my chronic anemia causing me to quickly feel fatigue and out of breath. Then the lack of an elevator made it worst so I collapse as i attempted to reach my FIFTH floor apartment. My bf had to hold me u and encourage me to keep going. I am now using a cane for support! I actually like it.

So my diet for the first two days was just Clear liquids. now I am in the full liquid stage. My mom made some chicken Soup and blended it, I only ate 2 ounces because I am not 100 percent sure if I should have eaten that. I also had my Vitamins, Water, Water, 2 teaspoons of FF yogurt, 2 sugar free ices which are DISGUSTING lol. If anyone thinks I am doing something wrong please let me know!

Also according to my wii, which I find hard to believe, I weight 268, blah, I didn't weight myself on the wii before the surgery so I am not sure what to think.

My so fars.....

I feel little pain!

I have MINOR chest pain/Pressure?, which I was told that its probably due to swelling

I feel like I cant eat more then what I have been eating

I totally cant and wont believe my BMI is at 39, so I am waiting to weight myself somewhere else.

I am thankful that tomorrow is Columbus day and do not have to go to work :)

Edited by LoveIslovely
typos

Also according to my wii, which I find hard to believe, I weight 268, blah, I didn't weight myself on the wii before the surgery so I am not sure what to think.

I don't know why I am giving this advice, as I step on my scale every time I walk past it.

BUT!

You could wait to weigh yourself till your post-op checkup! Then you would be super shocked and happy?!

Ya the wii is crazy if you don't stand SUPER still or balanced.

BikiniBeachy - I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it. Me too, frankly. Try warm broth - for some reason I can get it down without it hurting, but the cool Water hurts. I'm still having lousy gas pains as well. I gave up on the thin strips and went to GasX chewables. I'm hopeful, but still taking the full week off.

LoveIslovely - I'm not convinced the scale on my Wii is always accurate. It could also have something to do with mine being on carpet. I'm considering breaking down and buying a real scale. Do love the Wii Fit, though.

Hello everyone, just checking in and saying prayers for the ones having surgery this next week. I still can't get the ticker to work so will hopefully work on that later. I had my surgery this past Tuesday, Oct 7th, and the first couple of days wondered why in the world I did it.

I had lost 10.2 lbs on the pre-op liquid diet and as of today have lost another 10 lbs. I am gleefully thankful for 20 lbs. Each day the soreness gets better and I've been one of the lucky few that didn't experience ANY of the gas pains. I will admit I do find myself very empty at times but 2-3 teaspoons of chicken broth usually does the trick. I never realized how many wonderful looking food commercials were on TV.

All in all I am starting to feel good and can tell in my clothes that 20 lbs are gone. Good Luck to everyone, and hang in there !!!:)

My surgery on Tuesday at noon. Kinda ironic I think. After loosing 14 lbs so far on the Optifast, I'v thought "gee, why dont I just stay on that for 3 months and save myself $18K?" Do I really need the band?? Of course I do. I believe this is a tiny glimpse of the emotional roller coaster that this journey will be.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Good job bama

Thanks for the kind words Karen.

How is everyone doing? How did October 11th and 12th banders fair? I am off the percocet, which stinks cause I could definitely use it for port site pain, but it was making me vomit. I think my poor body is pretty upset.

Anyone having trouble breathing into the Airlife thingy? When I suck on it like a straw, I feel like it fills me with even MORE air.