Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HORRIFIC FILL experience right now.

This was very interesting actually.

I told them there was a port.

I showed them the two needle marks that Martinez had made.

This girl doctor felt for it under my stomcah and found it.

She had also spoke to ORTIZ on the phone, I do not know what that conversation consisted of except he told her I needed my fill out ASAP.

She had all kinds of needles ready saying "he (Ortiz) said a spinal needle would be the best"

She thought she could get it with no Flouro and she tried and tried and it hurt real bad (never hurt before) and she couldnt get it.

Then they decided to take me down to Flouro.

The Flouro machine was 10X bigger than the one ORTIZ has in his office.

Then this man did it under flouro. He had never seen a port to a lap band before and he had never stuck a needle in one and well he did a pretty good job.

He got some liquid into his needle and this other lady doctor was like "thats it, it doesn matter if you get out every drop, he said you may not be able to get out all of it"

I looked at the needle though and it looked like a good 2cc's

So, thats how.

I guess its not so hard to do.. (to take out)

PLEASE use a mortar and pestal (pill crusher) and put the crumbs ior powder of the pain pills under your tongue your system will absorb them and you can get some pain relief. it may taste bad, but i do this will all my meds.

Good luck sweety!

Susie

Great advice, Susie. I just posted a fill problem, and the doc insisted that ALL pills much be crushed for one week. I crush & drink from a tablespoon of juice & the crushed pill followed by more juice or Water. It tastes a little better that way. Anything EX or XR (extended release) must be substituted.

I saw Dr. Martinez Saturday and he said that there is no truth to the idea that you can't take ibuprofen. Good thing, because I have it for headaches. I am looking for a good substitute (it tastes just like soap when crushed). I always crush pills. I didn't know we could do it for just a week! Good luck!!

Sue, you can certainly take ibuprofen for headaches but please keep in mind that non-steroidal antiinflammatories deplete the cytoprotective layer in the stomach increasing your risk for ulcer formation. If you have an ulcer while you are banded erosion my result and you know what that means. In addition all nsaids are acidic and can cause direct irritation to the stomachs mucosal layer. So I just wanted you to understand why banded people generally try to avoid nsaids like ibuprofen.

Guest steffery

Hey Nykee!! I am so sorry that you arent feeling well...sending hugs your way! I had my first fill today and was scared to DEATH...everything ok so far....TAKE CARE and stay in touch!

Steph

I bet if you tell Ortiz about your money issues he'd give you a break. He might even let you sleep at his facility if it's not a busy day. Heck, ask him if you could sleep on the couch in the lobby.

But here's the question of the day: If your Oregon doctor was able to remove the fill, why not beg, plead, hell, threaten if you gotta for them to put the fill back in after you're healed? Have you even asked them? Maybe if you become their new "pet patient" they might consider taking on other fill patients. Stranger things have happened.

I understand your money troubles - many of us have been in the same boat. I certainly didn't have money for this band, then the complications I had nearly bankrupted me. I'm in huge debt over the whole thing but we're talking about a life-saving device here. I struggled horribly when I lived in Oregon cause the job & income situation sucked back then. Don't feel bad about asking Ortiz for help. I have little secrets about Mexican surgeons that were very generous to me, I just don't post them because then everyone would expect the same, regardless of how much money they have. Human nature and all.

Nykee, when you're ready to go for your fill, just post here. There are generous and helpful people here. You never know, maybe you could hitch a ride or share expenses.

Good luck. Glad you're feeling better.

SanDiegoSue, Dr. Martinez says that occasional use of Advil (he likes the liquigels & so do I) is o.k. He doesn't recommend every day. He said using 2 days a month for my menstrual pain was o.k. & he also recommened it for that pesky shoulder pain that takes so long to go away for some of us after banding.

I know. I mentioned to him during my fill on 6/11 that I had heard "such and such" on this website and he said I should not be on here because is dispenses so much misinformation. That if I have any questions he is only a cell phone call away. I don't think we do too bad!

Anyway he always accesses my port before he uses the fluoro. Mine is very superficial (hard to miss) it feels like a lifesaver just under the skin. That's because the last time I was thin I got a Tummy Tuck and Lipo. He said if i wanted it deeper it would have to be in muscle and would cause pain and possible problems, so i will just wear one piece swim suits. I am way to old for midriff baring apparel anyway.

Susie