Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HORRIFIC FILL experience right now.

Tracy I was in the ER last Tuesday getting the steroid injection & IV also. It saved my sanity. I was banded on the June 7th, everything was great, ate some French Onion Soup broth, took a pain pill and everthing went to hell in a hand basket! Same spit-up, throw-up, vomit - could keep nothing down. Within 5 hours of the steroid shot - I was totally better! This is something we all should keep in mind!

NyKee glad you're feeling better!

Dixie Dallas

Hi NyKee,

I had something like that after surgery and I had to have shot of steriodes to get it to go down. I don't know if you can get your Dr. to give it to you or not. I was put in the hospital for hydra. and they gave it to me. You will be ther in a few days if you can't even keep your own saliva down that is what happened to me do something fast see Dr. Eubanks or Kelly for a unfill or other wise you might make your band slip with all the problems and Im sure you don't want that to happen. Good luck and let us know what happens. Tracey

Hi

Im so sorry to hear of your experience. I also had Dr. Ortiz for surgery. Dr. Martinez did my first fill and I was instructed to be on warm liquids for 3 days. Are you sure he didnt mean for you to eat Soup or something like that? I have had three fills and I have always been told to stay on liquids for three day so the stomach doesn't have to work to digest and it stays still. I have hard time with dry foods like bread. Sometimes I can have it and sometimes it comes back up. I pay close attention to the first 2 or 3 bites of anything solid. Sometimes the first bite or 2 seems to trap air in there and cause pressure, if thats the case I will quit for about 5 or 10 minutes and walk around then finish my meal with no problem. I wish you lots of luck... take care.

LisaWA

Frankly, I can't believe that the doctor told you to eat something immediately after your fill. Common practice is to have people do 2 days of fulls and then 2 days of mushies after a fill.

If the inflamation doesn't settle down, you may have to be completely unfilled and allow your stoma to heal. It is unfortunate... but it is one of those potential risks associated with being banded. I had to have an unfill due to an irritated stoma. I'm down to .75cc's... but still doing well with maintaining my 126lbs weight loss.

Hugs,

julie dizz, you dont believe me? Read the entire thread and you will see my doctor had another of his patients do the same thing.. maybe you will beleive her.

It was to see if I needed more fill so I didnt go home with too little of a fill after going through all the trouble and money to get one. (my second one)

I happen to think its a GREAT idea and think he is wonderful for going through so much trouble and caring so much.

lisawa)

Im so sorry to hear of your experience. I also had Dr. Ortiz for surgery. Dr. Martinez did my first fill and I was instructed to be on warm liquids for 3 days. Are you sure he didnt mean for you to eat Soup or something like that?

girl )

He sent me down stairs to eat food and then had me wait an hour and checked under flouro if there was any food left in the pouch, there wasnt ans that was evident I needed more fill... so was the fact that I was able to eat what I ate..

If I had a hard time on my first bite, I wouldnt have eaten any more and told him I was filled enough... then I would of gone on liquids.... he also had me stay two more hours sipping Water to be sure everythin was OK...

He was wonderful. He spent all day on me. It was very kind.

you)

I have had three fills and I have always been told to stay on liquids for three day so the stomach doesn't have to work to digest and it stays still.

girl)

Yes I know.. but he needed to see and like I said, one bite might of been hard on me.. but it wasnt.. and if it was, i would just have to suffer.. it doesnt swell for a few hours I assume.

you)

I have hard time with dry foods like bread. Sometimes I can have it and sometimes it comes back up.

girl)

never ever gives me a problem .. ever.

you)

I wish you lots of luck... take care.

LisaWA

girl)

thank you your so nice, I think I found a way to get a fill for 150$..

I wonder how much they will fill me..

I want 1.8

OH DIXIE I was so hoping the steroid shot would work..

but once ortiz heard it had been over 30 hours he said it was an absolute emergency that my fill be taken out!

Delarla).

But here's the question of the day: If your Oregon doctor was able to remove the fill, why not beg, plead, hell, threaten if you gotta for them to put the fill back in after you're healed? Have you even asked them? Maybe if you become their new "pet patient" they might consider taking on other fill patients. Stranger things have happened.

girl)

it wasnt my doctor, it was the emergency room, they had never done one and its way easier to unfill ... than to fill...

PM me your secrets.. I was filled to 2.4, they know i took the pills.. but hey ya never know... gotta do what ya gotta do.

thank you!!

Nykee... I'm sorry... my statement was meant to rhetorical, rather than implying that you weren't telling the truth. Please forgive me.

I was musing out loud that a fill doctor would even THINK to give those instructions to a newly filled person. That is not standard practice. In fact, it is way outside the norm and most likely the reason that for your current difficulties.

To make sure that I'm not just speaking from my own limited experience, I did a google search on fill procedures. I could not find one instance that said anything but that newly filled patients should be on liquids for the first few days after an adjustment.

Of course, I am very willing to admit that my experience could be too limited to include other successful adjustment practices.

Julie, when people come from far away, Dr. Martinez has them eat a little something to make sure it doesn't get stuck. Then he has us go back on liquids for 2-3 days. He doesn't want to send anyone home too tight. That wasn't the cause of all Nykee's problems.

hope you are feeling better. When I fly I am always more restricted...maybe it will loosen up in a bit. Good Luck:)