Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HORRIFIC FILL experience right now.

I was filled and its been HELL ever since. This is the worst feeling in the world and it has NOTHING to do with wanting food.< /p>

I went to get my fill on Monday in TJ ...

He filled me to 2.0 and had me go down and eat something.

I ordered chicken quesedilla and was able to eat way too much of it..

So he gave me some more.. 2.4.. I sat and sipped Water and then I went back to the airport.

At the airport I ate two bites of some banans bread I had bought before my fill, I was real carefull eating it BUT that didnt matter. (MISTAKE!!! STUPID ME)

My chest begins to hurt and then from 10pm to about 2 am... I am gagging and vomiting and spitting up ad heaving and all that FUN PB horror.

(at the airport.. on my clothes... no way to clean up, crying my head off.. alone..trying to hide my predicterment)

Once home.. I think that some Hot broth will help.. I take a few sips and all it does is hurt.. so I just go to sleep, but the entire night I have to sleep with a towel to spit my saliva up in.

I assume the banana bread and PB episode lasting 4 hours has Inflamed the band and I just gotta wait till it settles down.

BUT... at 10am.. I am in Mass pain, not having been able to take my PAIN pills for a while.. (this is back pain, sciatic pain)

SO I think taking two of my morphine pills (each the size of half a pea)

and ONE tiny sip of milk to get them down will be OK.

NOT OK!!!!!!!

From 10am till 4:45pm I gag and choke and puke and vomit and I FILL 4, 6 ounce cups with my own slime and saliva.. plus I am spitting my saliva every 10 seconds to keep it from being swallowed as well..

Its impossible to sleep when the body has to spit up every one to 4 minutes like that.

Finally at 4:45 I have this one huge vomit and BOTH of those little Morphine pills come OUT into the spit cup IN TACT!!!

I feel a sudden rush of "feeling better" Like this is over...

But its not.. I havent attempted to drink or eat or take a pill since But I am still not able to keep my own saliva in..

The Episode lasting 6 hours when the pills got stuck.. has prolly inflamed me way way more than even the 4 hour episode when the banana bread did.

AS I am typing this.. and spitting up my saliva about once every 5 minutes..

It hurts so bad. every muscle in my neck and chest and shoulders aches so bad. PLUS my back pain is not covered.

I called my docter to get a morphine patch or something and he wanted to get me liquid and he just cant het the fact that I cannot even keep down my own saliva.. My stomach is completely closed.

He says to call my band doctor..

BUT WHY?? HE is MY doctor to help me with my back pain!

I will go to ER tomarrow IF my back pain is not covered. I am crippling up, soon I will bed ridden if I have no pain meds.

I have been covered with meds for a long time and FREAKING out at the prospect of not having any for even a few days.

PLUS, when the swelling goes down, I want to be able to eat some mushies.. no have to use all the room I have on pain pills..

I wish my doctor would work with me better than this..

I even have to pay for the pain Patches my self..

I have a whole bottle of liquid viccodan, I just need some patches becasue I cant swallow.

Oh well.. Tomarrow I will try to convince him again that I REALLY REALLY cannot swallow and see if he has the time to listen and help me

YEs, I realize I may be filled too tight.

WE will see..

NO PAIN< NO GAIN

Oh, Nykee, I'm so sorry you're going through this! Time will help and indeed, so will hot liquids sipped very cautiously. Whatever you do, do NOT try to eat any solid food! You must give your esophagus and stoma time to rest and let the swelling go down. You will not starve, and it WILL get better when you give it some time.

I don't understand having someone "test" a fill on solid food. It's so common to have a fill "kick in" hours, days, or weeks later and what's just tight enough on the day of the fill might be too tight later on. Be careful! 24 hours on liquids after a fill seems to be a common prescription. So now you're on your liquids, and you should probably stay on them for several days. Good luck, and let us know how you're doing! I'm thinking of you with crossed fingers.

I went through something like this immediately after banding, except that I wasn't trying to eat anything.

Your immediate problem is hydration while the stoma is swollen. Forget food. Do NOT try to eat anything solid...and I have no idea why you were not warned about that...but, forget any food for AT LEAST three days. The quesadilla irritated the stoma and the bread just made it worse. It needs a few days off.

In fact, the stoma is so swollen that the brain thinks something is stuck, and is sending gallons of saliva down there to try to "wash through" whatever is stuck...which just gives you more stuff to pass through a really tiny hole.

Then, you have to get Water in and if you don't you'll end up getting fluids IV. What Rumbaut had me do was eat ice chips and the occasional teaspoon of Maalox. But focus on the ice. (I know that many people use WARM Water, but rumbaut had me on ice chips. Whichever works better for you.)

Also, spit. I know you're not getting any sleep. So plant yourself on several pillows the bed or the sofa with several layers of towels and a small trash can lined with trash bags and stop swallowing all that saliva and just spit it out. You may finally fall asleep and drool a lot. Don't worry about it. Just pull out that towel and go to the next. The less slime you're trying to deal with, the better.

This will pass, but when it does you need to go back to Clear Liquids for a few days, the slowly add full liquids, the pureed, etc. If at any point you irritate the stoma and start with this routine again, go back to square one and go even slower. If you cannot get fluids in, you will need to go to an ER and get hydrated. I've met people who were very swollenlike this for a week or ten days post op. Now you know that you are someone who is very sensitive to fills.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Nykee, Iam sorry to hear of all of this..

Dr. Ortiz had me go down and eat something as well one time before he sent me back across the border, it was my 2nd fiill, he told me the first fill may take some time to feel but the other fills there after should be felt right away. I ate and was fine and went on my merry way home.

Call Dr. Ortiz or Martinez, let them know what is goin on

Please keep us updated, and I hope you get relief soon

You poor thing. Didn't you read my horror story about taking a pill? I know your pain well, but I never had anything like you explained. My episode from the cold pill lasted 20 minutes before I slimed & PB-d up the whole mess, then I felt better.

Time for you to take it easy, maybe lay around with a heating pad on your ribs and another on your sore back? I hope you feel better soon. This post made me sad.

My trick when I wasn't able to drink was to hold my sports bottle to my lips and just let one drip at a time into my mouth - like a Polish IV. Hey, I'm Polish, I think of this stuff. It just wets your mouth, but after half hour you've gotten in several ounces.

I experienced something similiar to this after my second fill. I started vomiting and could not stop. I stoped it by not eating or drinking for 12 hours then I slowly would sip some gatorade very slowly. I used some liquid Zantac b/c I could not swallow anything either. After 24 hours of liquids only I took a very small prednisone dose of to help with the swelling. I would drink liquids very slowly and ate at Soup for 2 days. Then after 3 days of liquids only I would have one meal only of mushies. After 5 days I was back to normal. See if your Dr. will call you in a small amount of Prednisolone liquid for you sciatica and for the swelling from the fill all the Pbing. Also Morphine is not available in a patch but it is available in a liquid form. The only pain medication that I know of available in a patch is Duragesic (fentanyl). Anything solid you swallow will cause more PBing so try and stay away from pills if you can until you can get this situation resolved.

Nykee....I am sooooo sorry that this is happening to you. How awful! Are you still in San Diego or are you back home? I hope that the inflammation subsides soon and you start feeling better. I also hope that they can get your pain meds for you. Sending hugs and positive vibes your way.

Nykee, have you spoken w/Dr. Martinez or Ortiz? If I were going thru what you are I would run either to your aftercare Dr. in Oregon or back to TJ & have some unfilled. I had an experience not nearly as bad as yours, but I was almost totally closed up & I had .7 of a 1.7cc fill removed here on L.I. My fault, but it didn't matter. I couldn't swallow! If you're not feeling better by tomorrow I think you need to get partially unfilled. It's just my opinion, but you shouldn't be going through this!

Please let us know what's going on.