Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi - Any other AZ surgeries scheduled this month? (AUG)

I am scheduled for Tuesday (12th) and I am getting very nervous!! :thumbup:

I have Dr. Simpson, and will be at the Surgical Specialty Hospital of AZ (right next door to his office). I would really like to hear from anyone who has Dr. Simpson and who had their surgery at this hospital. How is the staff there, how did your surgery go? I will be staying overnight, so I am wondering if anyone else has done the same.

Thanks in advance, hope for some feedback soon....... :thumbup:

Judie

While I didn't use Dr. Simpson (they didn't take my insurance) I did meet with him for a consult and was very very impressed. He took a lot of time and answered many questions for me. His dinner with the doc seems like such a wonderful idea. Their support is top notch. I did but his book on lapband and found recipes very good. Good Luck

I had my surgery at Surgical Specialty Hospital too, but with a different doctor. I also stayed overnight. Mine was on 8/15.

How did yours go?

I know there is another AZ girl on here who had Simpson (I think) and SSH of AZ. Her surgery was on the 12th or 13th too. Heck you two were probably in the pre-op prep room together!

My surgery went really well, I had my 1st check up today and lost 9 lbs. No problems with eating or drinking. Doc said to go ahead and start regular foods whenever I am ready......YAHOOOOOO! I have no pain, feel totally normal and am ready to get on with losing at a steady pace.

How are you doing?

Hugs,

Judie

My steri-strips are starting to come loose but the wounds underneath are still healing. I have been on liquids all week but tonight I was able to eat about 1/3 c. of fat free refried Beans with some taco bell sauce squirted on top and a little dollup up of guac.

I can lay on my stomach again finally but still a little tender going to/from this position. Sitting up straight in my jeans still uncomfortable so I have been wearing dresses to work.

I am a slow healer. :cursing: But I am healing and thats whats important!

My follow up is on 9/2... can't wait to see my loss.

You two are doing great. I have had my first fill and did okay with it but I am noticing my food choices aren't the best. I have been lucky no slimin or PB'in so I am reluctant to fill again. I've lost 4 pounds in 5 weeks since the fill. I've got 4.6 in the band. Most of the time if I eat real slow I notice the difference. I just started back swiming and am trying to do it everyday. I've been a slug after work lately. Good luck on your jouneys, you both are doing great!!!!It needed to be said again we tend to be hard on ourselves.