Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many fills to your sweet spot

How many cc's till you found YOUR sweet spot???  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many cc's till you found YOUR sweet spot???

Just wanted to take a poll to see how #cc's most people had before they hit their sweet spot. I realize its different for everyone but I'm curious. Thanks for participating! :tt2:

Edited by Eeyore

The more and more people I get to know that have a lap band the more I learn that everyone's stomach (body) is different. I was one of those people that thought I want to be really tight so after my third fill was at 4.5cc in a 10cc band and it doesn't sound very tight but after living with it for three months I got so bad after PBing so much and so swollen inside I couldn't swallow my own saliva with out throwing it up. It was very painful and miserable. So my Dr. took out 2cc which opened me right up and straight to fast food drive threws I went and gained 12 pounds in three weeks so back to the Dr. I went and got 1cc to put me at 3.5cc and it has been a good sweet spot for me. If I take small bites and chew really good it usually goes down with out pain. I have a band girlfriend I met threw this site and she is at 10cc in her 10cc band and has little restriction and is fighting with her dr. right now because she is so frustrated that she is not getting the restriction others are. It just depends on you. The lessoned I learned with my fills is a half of a cc or 1 cc is the most you should do at one time. You have to be patient and find that level that is good for you or you will be hurting big time. Even though you feel you are practically starving at times the scale will not move because your body shuts down and goes into starvation mode.........boy is my body stuborn because it has been a struggle every pound to get off. More reason to stay at a good level to KEEP IT OFF FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i currently have 5.2cc's in my 10cc band and i've had 2 fills.

I had my first fill on July 21st, so now I'm getting another fill for August 21st because I'm starting to get hungry before meals, and in the morning I am really wanting Breakfast, it's so not like right after the surgery where I was tight and not wanting to eat in the morning. Now my first fill was 2.cc in a 10.cc band. So I am definately telling them to juice me up this go around.

I have had two fills with a total of 8.3 to reach my sweet spot at the end of April . . . and I am not ready for another one. I am still losing well with what I have and am very very happy.

I've been banded since 3/07 and have the 5cc band. I've had 3 fills in a year and a half and am really struggling to get more weight off after the first 25. My last fill was 1 1/2cc and I PGm'd all 5 mos without losing weight. I begged to have 1/2cc removed so I could find the sweet spot. Hopefully I have it now and will now have to focus on lowering my calories to lose rest of weight. Ongoing major struggle for me too.

Sweet spot, I am not there. I have a 14cc band, at surgery the Dr. placed 5 cc’s in it(June 27), My fist fill was July 11 where he added 1/2cc and I have yet to get the “restriction” feeling. My next fill is scheduled for Tuesday Aug 26.

I am upset at my self for not loosing any weight since surgery yet proud that I have not gained any since either.

Don't be discouraged as it took me a whole year to get some of my weight off and most of it was from before the surgery---and it won't come back on unless you go to high cal stuff. I'm a year and a half and still looking for that "spot", so hang tough!:)

I have have 3 fills since my surgery on 4/14/08. I just made an appointment for a 4th fill. I am hoping this is the one! My appointment isn't until 9/11. Right now I have 4.2cc in a 10cc band. I was worried that I had stretched my new pouch, but I don't over eat and I don't throw up, so they have assured me that I have not. I finally reached the 55lb point, so I only have 100lbs more to reach my goal!!

My 3rd fill put me at 6 cc's and that was to tight. They took out .75cc later that day but it's still too tight. I can't wait to get another unfill. :)