Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone being banded in belgium?

Hi im being banded on the 5th of september with dr de bruyne just wondering is anyon else being banded there the same time ?

hi flirtylass!!

it's angie again! lol! just wanted to let you know that after much research and questioning! I have also decided to go with Dr Chris! i sent him the pre surgery questioonaire from his website and he replied the same day! he was happy with my history and happy to go ahead. so i am going to see my doctor today to get her final approval on him and then i will ring for an appointment and hopefully get fitted in on the 4th of September! my husband has agreed to pay for the operation so there,s nothing stopping me now! feel a bit scared of doing it but i'm sure it will all be ok!

please keep in touch and let me know about your experience in Belgium and your after care in Dublin? By the way, Dr Chris told me that in a few months he will start to come to Belfast too!! this means that i won't have to travel as far for my fills!

Good luck! I Will be thinking of you when i am seeing Dr Chris on the 4th!

Angiexx

Hi angie

Thats great i think after all the research he seems the best oh this day2wks il be packing my case its scary but exciting if he go's to belfast i mite go there instead of dublin iif i have internet in hotel over there il keep u posted have u msn or bebo or anything?

ursula x

hi Flirty!

i do have an msn address but i will have to get my daughter to help me find out what it was again cos i can't remember!! but i will let you know as soon as it sorted! can,t talk now cos got that doctors appointment in 10 minutes!! lol! will log on later again and be able to speak a bit more then!!

take care!

angiexx

Ah best of luck angie with ur doc i have to see mine this wk too she knows im planning on the surgery but i havnt told her yet about going to belgium she thought i was going to the beacon in dublin so will be good to hear what ur doc says... Have u much weight to lose?

Chat later when ur back on

Ursula xx

hi !! back from doctor!! LOL!

firstly yes! i have loads to lose! i am 18 stone and 5ft 1" !! lost 6 stone a few years back but it has gradually gone back on although i did keep 2 stone of it off! Anyway the next time i lose weight i want to make sure it stays off!! So this seemed like a good option! and the benefits for my health outway the risks.

My doctor is all on for the idea! she says that it is no different flying to Belgium than having to fly to England and that they have more experience of this surgery over there. She was impressed that he comes over once a month so that he can follow up on progress and offer the fills here instead of having to fly over there. In fact she was so impressed she kept his details etc for any other patients who are interested in this kind of surgery!!!!! She also reasured me that if anything goes wrong or i get an infection that i will be able to get treatment on the NHS although any adjustments to band etc would have to be done by Dr Chris. And as far as risks go for the op, well she said the risks were definately minimal and no different than if you were going to get sterilized. !! She wants me to keep her updated on each stage!

hope your doctor is as supportive!

i will get that msn address to you as soon as daughter returns home!

best wishes!

angie xx

So i have actually made my first giant step towards a new life booked my appointment!!!!!!!!!!! i will see him in Dublin on the 4th Sept as you predicted!!!!

Ah angie thats brilliant... But if i were u i would email dr chris and ask him what is the earliest surgery date available and book it thats what i done and if i had to leave it til i had consultation i would of been waiting another month cos he was booked up cos im sure ur like myself and would like a bit of bulge gone for xmas haha and u know the consultation is €120 he better get to bed early on the 4th its mad hes over here the day before my op id say ur all excited now

Ursula xx

Thanks for you advice!! i have emailed Dr Chris as you suggested so hopefully he will have something for the end of Sept! that would be mad!!!!!!!! My best friend is hopefully going to go to the consultation with me!. My husband is a teacher and therefore unless i can get an operation slot over the autumn break at the end of October, he won't be able to go with me! apart from my hubby i have only told my bestfriend about the operation! and mean to keep it that way!!lol! So i am hoping that my friend will come with me instead if i pay for her flight. !

have to go again!! have to lift my son from work!! busy busy busy!!!!! don't know how i ever got so fat!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again for your help!!

angiexxxx

Ah im the same boat other than my mum i only told two mates who are sisters the last i want is to be gossip about the town nothing worse... My mum and her friend are coming with me i was going to go on my own but glad im not... pity we didnt get chattin a few wks ago we could of got same date but really push and say u want the earliest possible date... yeah ur flat out no time for eating haha

Ursula

xXx

hi ursula!

Haven't heard back from Dr Chris regarding date of operation, but i'm sure i will hear from him today!

just a quick quiry????? Who did you speak with regarding the prices and packages available? it's just he said that his management team would be in touch regarding putting a package together --- you know, the hotel and taxis etc. but they haven't been in contact with me? i have made my appointment for Sept through his secretary, but never thought of asking her about the prices etc!!!!!!!! what a numskull i am!!!!!!!!! OH and if you don't mind ? who did you book your flights with?

thanks again!!

angiexx

Hi angie i booked with aer lingus they fly into ln to brussels international ryanair are to far out and taxi wont collect u there u speak to frederik about the package there are 2 one for €4000 to stay in 3star hotel (i picked the 3star) or one at €4500 for 5star. frederik.serneels@ecfs.be thats his email addy u have to logde €400 deposit into their bank account 2wks before sugery so they can book hotel and everything

Ursula xXx

HI Ursula!

Dr Chris got back to me with the list of dates and guess what!!!!!! i have emailed him back and accepted a date! so looks like i am to be banded on the 23rd September!!!!!!!!!!! mad!! i know! All thanks to you!! cos i would have probably had to wait a bit longer otherwise!

Can you tell me if you were quoted your price before or after your consultation and is the price dependent on your weight? cos i know some charge more if BMI over 45. And also, did you go ahead and book your flights before seeing Dr Chris in Dublin or did you wait to see him first? flight prices are pretty dear at the minute and am afraid that if i wait 2 weeks to book them the price might sky-rocket!! I am paying for my parents to come with me so will make a fair difference!!

Sorry for all the questions Ursula!!! and sorry for not getting back to you yesterday! brought mum out for the day!

Angie x

Ah thats great u got ur date... so far as i know the price varies between €3400 and €3950 depending on bmi but the package is €4000 so thats why i went with it its a set price and would out cheaper and like me ur taking 2people if u asked frederik for a room for 3 its €100 extra or if u want 2 rooms its €300 extra... As for flights i booked mine last week i booked 2flights on the wed cos i thought only 2of us were going and they cost €290 i booked them in a hurry cos they went up about €70 each over nite came home and my mums friend said she would come to keep mammy company and to go shopping haha and i checked flight that eve and it was only €120 for her i was sick so it looks like there is no ideal time to book your flights what price are ur flights now? If they are around €120 or under id prob book them now cos ur going for the op no matter what hope this info is ok for ya... im just starting my pre op diet today i should of been on it before this i havnt a clue what im ment to be doin but sure il do my best haha

Ursula x

Oh by the way angie i am going on the 06.50am flight which is prop to early for u but i wanted to get a days shopping in haha and im getting the 10.10am flight home from brussels these times also work out alot cheaper than the later flights

hi Ursula! i have emailed Frederik and waiting for a reply. i want to book for 4 nights instead of three cos my doctor has advised this (i have had a blood clot before!) Is it the Campanile Vilvoorde you are booked into? and does the package include Breakfast in the price? not that we will be eating any!! but nice to know its provided for my parents! and will there be someone waiting for you in arrivals at the airport for your lift to the hotel? Angie xxxxxxxx