Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wish I wouldn't Have!

My first post on here was titled " its not working for me." I feel like you are going through the same problems I went through. Just stick with it. You are doing the right thing by seeing the Doc and remember that we are all pulling for you.

Hammer, first let me say you have done a great job. This web site is a great source for support and information. When my doc first told me I needed the band I went into shock, I had never heard about the band before. My hubby found this web site for me and I became totally engrossed with this site. I sometimes even just sit and read the chat room to pick up info where I can. I haven't found a local suport group and have no real friends here yet (just moved a few months ago from out of state) so this site has been my only source of support. I feel totally comfortable with getting the band next week because I know that no matter what my question or situation the people here will be honest and helpful. Don't give up hope on your band or yourself. You have come to far to let it all go.

hammer you are doing good, just remember this site is here to help you. I hope what you learned will help you.

Hi I started at 450 lbs. I was banded on 12-27-06 and lost 65 pounds pre-op and right after the surgery. On January 4th 2008 I weighed 444 pounds. That's right I gained it all back. I decided to get with it.I had already had 4 fills. I also have a 10cc band and at that point I had 7.5ccs in it. I did the eat right and exercise that we have all done a thousand times and lost done to about 410 pounds by the end of march. I suffered a great lose of a family member and did not lose any weight during April. I went back to the doc on May 15 and got another fill. He added another 1.5 ccs to put me up to 9 ccs and that day changed my life. Today I weighed 343 pounds. The band works. I felt the same as you, like it was a useless piece of crap. I now have respect for the power of the band. I would like to help if at all possible... BRAD

I cannot offer any post-op support Hammer but I know you can do it. Believe in yourself and trust in yourself. Already setting up the appointment to see your doctor is a great step to getting back on track.

Brad- This is a great inspiring story to me. I wish you the best of luck and keep up the great work!

Thanks Pete I've been trying hard. I bought a bicycle in july and that really helped to increase my cardio. Not been doing so well on the eating the last couple days but I still have it under control.

Youll do good Brad :wink2:

I can't wait until I have my band!!

you're very welcome.

I've been banded for about 10 months and lost about 54 lbs. and it seems like its not coming off fast enough for me I have to remind myself this is not a quick fix I still have to diet watch everything that goes into my mouth. I get on that scale and get discusted every time because it doesnt move. Things I have to do To help me that may help you. Not to weigh Myself everyday!!! follow a diet. and get back on spark people and write down my food/calorie .(I havent done that in a few months).

But you have to pat yourself on the back 80 LBS. is alot of weight to loose in 1 year..could you have done this without the band???

In my case I could'nt have.I just hope that when I'm 1 year I lost 80 lbs. well good luck with your decision, I hope this helps. (you may need a little fill)

Well, I went and got my fill this past wed. At first he put in 1cc, but I couldn't get Water down, so he removed 1/2cc. Now I have a total of 5.5cc in my 10cc band. Of course I am on Soup and not much else, so I'm wasting away right now. I haven't weighed yet so I don't know how much I've dropped in a couple of days, but it's dropping off.

I feel better (mentally) after going to the Dr. and having the fill. I appreciate you folks slappin me around a bit:thumbup:, to get me to go do it.

Thanks, I'll keep you guys informed.

Hammer

Hammer

You are doing great. You had a problem, came on here to get some ideas about how to solve it, and now you are implementing those ideas.

So often I read posts where people ask for advice, but then whine about how it wont work for them. Guess what, they are still FAT.

Congratulations on having the humility to admit you needed help, and the courage to make changes.

I know you will enjoy FABULOUS success.

Jason - stop spamming! All 5 of your posts have been about this miracle cure, the guy wants help not a stupid sales pitch.

Hammer - you sound like you are getting back on track hon, it is never easy when you first start out, I for one has a very stormy courtship with my band, but now we get along just fine!

Getting the right fill is so important, the other things that I found really helped were the old rules about chewing your food really well, pausing between mouthfulls ( I often eat while I am cruising on the internet so that I type as well as eat - slows me right down) and trying to take 20 minutes over each meal. it takes 20 minutes for the message to get through from your stretch receptors in your tummy to your brain that you are full, so give them time to work!

Depression is a terrible thing to cope with, I dont think that having a band or taking it out would make any difference to how you feel about the world hon, but there are people who can help sort out those feelings and put them in some kind of order. Its just a thought but I know that I found it very helpful when I got down.

Anyway CONGRATULATIONS on losing 80lbs!!! That is no mean feat you should be so proud of yourself!! I have only lost 60 and damn I feel very self righteous!!

((((((((hugs))))))

Nina x

moderator note,

please dont forget there's a "report post" function on the board (red triangle with !)... no need to put up with spam, just report it and problem solved...

Losing - I PM'd you hon, check your inbox!