Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about Life in General

ok, Im getting a little worried over here. Nothing strange to report on my end, but the day isnt over with.

Yes, I'm having a crazy week too. Recall my left shoulder pain a couple of months ago? Well now my right one is having the same pain and I had to go in for more cortizone shots and am off work for ANOTHER week because of it. I can't afford to have these things crop up... I too ALWAYS pay close attention to motorcycles. I was raised around them but am scared to death of riding one. My dad was nearly killed a couple of times because of other nit wit drivers. My hubby wanted one so I got him an old used moped instead. It only goes 35 mph tops. LOL... He loves it and thinks its his harley. He sure is a cute sweetie. Best wishes, Teresa

If a cop went into my yard without any other reason but to chase somebody and killed my dogs I would be sueing his ass off. I've heard of that exact same scenario you described happening here.

I think that we hear alot about motorcycle accidents now because it is the season for it. More and more people are getting out and riding and some inexperienced people are as well. In the winter there isnt any riders so we dont hear about it as often. .

They ride motorcycles here year round. A lot of people only own motorcycles so you see them riding in the pouring down rain. People here should be use to seeing people riding motorcycles all the time. They just drive too fast and are too busy talking on their cell phones!

But everyone is right, lots of crazy things going on right now!

I have had 3 people close to me with cancer related problems within the last 2 months.

Billys sister had a lump-ectomi(sp) two weeks ago and now needs kemo, his other sister has tyroid cancer.

And whats with the price of gas? one day it's 2.25 then 2.45 the next.

So sorry to hear about the 2 year old killed by a bus

I have had 3 people close to me with cancer related problems within the last 2 months.

Billys sister had a lump-ectomi(sp) two weeks ago and now needs kemo, his other sister has tyroid cancer.

And whats with the price of gas? one day it's 2.25 then 2.45 the next.

So sorry to hear about the 2 year old killed by a bus

Vera, I wish your familiy members the best kind of care and recovery. This is absolutely terrifying for everyone involved.

The good news is that the 2 year old wasn't killed by the bus! When I heard the report last night they said she was in critical condition, but the news this morning says she has only a broken leg!! And the other toddler who fell out of a 4th-floor window suffered a broken arm and concussion.

Thank goodness for small blessings. We just have to look for them, they're there.

I can't believe the cop didn't ticket her for running the stop sign. Is this a desert-driving thing?

Nice sunny day, clear intersection but the woman can't see a stop sign or a 300 pound woman on an orange Harley?
News flash: You're not a 300-pound woman anymore, hon!

Vera---I would have heart failure if the gas prices were that high here....right now the lowest around here that I know of is $ 1.87!!! But, $ 2.45 whew......I would have to ride my bike!

I kinda figured this was a global weirdness because there are too many back-to-back things going on. Today a car flipped in my neighborhood and two children are murderers! Yesterday a little girl stabbed and killed a smaller child with a knife directly into the heart, and today a little boy beat his baby sibling to death with no remorse, toss in a landslide that has houses sliding down hills in Laguna. Michael Jackson better hope for a lot of delays in his trial till this creepy time passes or it could be curtains for him.

Did you hear about the guy that got struck by lightning last week here in VA, talk about a freak accident. He and his motorcycle were burned. They showed pictures of the bike, totally fried. They said the guy never knew what hit him.

I try not to watch the news anymore it is more than I can handle. And something must be in the atmosphere, becasue this has been a bad year for traffic fatalities in our area. I live in a very small rural town, and already this year the death toll for this small county is about 12, the most recent was 9 year old boy (roll-over accident) and a young father of five (he was passing and hit a car head on and both cars where engulfed in flames). Also, a young mother of two (my husband's friend's wife) was hit head on by a truck and killed. Just horrible. I am so terrified of what could happen. I used to not wear a seat belt and now I faithfully wear one and I especially make sure my kids are in their carseats and seatbelts even if we are just going around the corner. I want to be around to raise my kids and pray to God that he keeps us safe. I especially worry about my husband, he has to work an hour from our hometown and gets into some pretty rough traffic, so I pray that God keeps him safe as well. I also witnessed a horrigying accident last month, it had just happened there was no ems or anything yet. There were bodies scattered all over the place and hanging out of the car, just awefull. Two were killed in that accident, the others were in critical condition. I'm devastated by all that happens and pray that somehow it could all end. I was thinking this morning about Joe the young father that was killed, his little boy was in my daughters class since they were three but moved away earlier this year, his wife is a loser, she has major problems w/ drugs and he was an excellent father to his children. He was always the one taking them to school and picking them up. Since our kids attended the same private Christian School I saw him often and was always impressed by his ability to be such an excellent father. His wife was rarely around, at all the meetings or functions at the school. So what really makes me sad, is the future that these kids will now have, without their caring father, what will become of them?? Who will take care of them? Those kids future w/ that type of mom is what is really sad. Please pray for them and for all the others that are in similar situations. And don't forget to help families in their time of need, my husband and his brothers picked up a money collection and raised about $1500 for his friend when his wife passed and I'm sure w/ all the expenses involved w/ an untimely death like that they can sure use the help. Remember to give from the heart and the blessings you will receive will be far greater than any wordly good. Sorry for the long post, but I'm an emotional person when it comes to things like this.

Lastnight someone came to our door, but thankfully he had the wrong address. He was there to deliver a death notice. I'm very sorry for my new neighbors.