Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone NOT exercising???

I don't think you want to get in trouble by the moderator but I hate seeing a person who has a problem and brings it up in a forum being attacked by a pack of hungry wolves!

And I am not bitter I am Enlightened, thank you very much, Nancy:smile:

I highly doubt that I would get "into trouble" for saying that you could if you wanted to, ignore the people who are making you unhappy.

But I don't think you want to. So feel free to carry on.

I highly doubt that I would get "into trouble" for saying that you could if you wanted to, ignore the people who are making you unhappy.

But I don't think you want to. So feel free to carry on.

Once again it was brought up that the "advice" given on this post and others tends to be a bit harsh and could be given in a more supportive way without sounding self serving. Maybe those of you who tend to give out "said" advice might be the ones better suited to do the ignoring, mmmmm.:mad2:

As this thread is no longer specific to the June Bandsters and because of the direction it has taken, I am moving it to RNR.

Once again it was brought up that the "advice" given on this post and others tends to be a bit harsh and could be given in a more supportive way without sounding self serving. Maybe those of you who tend to give out "said" advice might be the ones better suited to do the ignoring, mmmmm.:mad2:

Well. I know you are not talking about me there, because as a rule, I don't give advice on band related matters.

People who see the advice as harsh, tend to do so because of something lacking in their lives. Be it exercise, eating right, or following the band rules. It hits too close to home. It hurts them because they know that it could be true, that they are NOT doing whatever it is that is being talked about, and that is the cause of their weight gain / failure to lose / whatever.

People then go one of two ways. They do something about it, or they do nothing but whine about why it is so tough. Why they can't. Why they are special.

So yeah. Maybe the second sorts are better ignored by those who give fantastic advice. But how would one know what group they "asker" ends up in if they do hit the ignore button?

Let's see if this works:

:deadhorse

OK it didn't, it's an emoticon for beating a dead horse. Other than to further wind up people I don't know what purpose having this thread here or anywhere serves.

Edited by greythope

That's pretty amusing. We share a lot of slang terms, although some of them have me scratching my head. Dead horse = Tomato sauce, really? There must be a story behind that one.

I'm pretty sure its just a rhyming thing with the dead horse.....like "dog and bone" = phone, and "frog and toad" = road (as in "lets hit the frog and toad"). Its a true blue (usually more rural than city) Aussie that uses slang like that in everyday conversation though.

I dunno if I count as true blue (parents are Poms, but they've been here since the 50's), but I use "let's hit the frog" ALL the time, not to mention dummy spit :mad2:

Beat a dead horse. Not rhyming slang. As in I think we've covered just about everything this topic can. To continue would be to beat a dead horse.

I don't think you want to get in trouble by the moderator but I hate seeing a person who has a problem and brings it up in a forum being attacked by a pack of hungry wolves!

As a Moderator, i'm kind of curious by what you meant here.

I've been following this since it was originally posted and I fail to see where anyone was harsh to the OP. What I saw was great, sound advice, that was then thrown back into posters' faces. I saw the OP as out of control with anger and I don't understand where it came from. It was fast and struck hard and I thought there was no call for it. JMHO.

LJM, I didn't understand that either.

And some 10 year olds have been through more than some 50 year olds. It doesn't mean that they have the maturity or wisdom of the 50 year old.

We could go round in circles here but I teach a few 10 year olds that have a lot more maturity and wisdom than many 50 years olds I have come across!!!...

Exactly Heartfire, that's what happened. This entire thread is not even about weightloss or me parading around in a bikini, its about a very strange, very angry and very rude person who went off the deep end at quite a moderate post that was intended to be helpful.

Typing in caps, abusing someone for their avatar photo and belittling their challenges, only to come back with I had a miscarriage so there!, completely forgetting the fact that probably several of us here have suffered the same tragedy, is seriously warped.

So maybe, even though the people in my world who suffer sleep apnoea manage to look after themselves, I had no business speaking up without a medical degree. More likely I inadvertantly posted in a June 2008 thread where the advice of longer term bandsters wasnt wanted - this is a real problem with the way this forum works by the way, this happens ALL the time, becuase lots of us use the New Posts function.

There was no call for what spewed forth, and the OP is entirely responsible for the direction this thread took.

I'd feel awful if I pounced on someone who only wanted genuine advice. I didnt, and nor did anyone else, we responded to the abuse we got for daring to presume to know her.

Jachut, you and any other longer term banders can offer me advice in any June thread post you want. I long to follow your success and am well on my way but still have questions at times.

More likely I inadvertantly posted in a June 2008 thread where the advice of longer term bandsters wasnt wanted - this is a real problem with the way this forum works by the way, this happens ALL the time, becuase lots of us use the New Posts function.

Hmmm, not sure I get why this is a problem. I use new posts all the time. The left side of the screen tells me the thread name and the right side shows what forum it is in.

As a Moderator, i'm kind of curious by what you meant here.

What it means is, she didn't like what I said, and either wanted to dob me into the mods for something, or did.

Susan. Not everyone who uses new posts takes the time to read more than the thread title, some just skim (myself for one) Some threads are so generic, they could have been posted anywhere.