Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas, Gas and more Gas

Body noise is so fun! I'm glad I have a private, enclosed work area.:w00t:

Oooooooo...I'll have to use that one..."body noise"! :w00t:

Hey Julia, did you ever get things rolling after your "Dear Julia" letter from Allergan?

Edited by Lanakila

wow I feel your gas pain. Well it is mine but know where you are coming from. It is getting better by the day but WOW.

hope you have a speedy recovery!

weight.png

Edited by amaltha

I was banded on the 1st also and the gas and port pain where the worst, getting better each day. I burped in work yesterday and the girl i work with was like omg thats discusting, i was trying to explain that i have to get it out and how painfull it felt. and as for the BM i was in such pain from not being able to go when i did i rang my sil to tell her how happy i was after - i was like a new woman. :w00t:

HEhehe i will probably be spending a bit of time in the loo I guess when I get back to work!

I have a very open plan office which sucks!

ive not burped at all, apart from those silent ones on day 2 post op. but i dont have gas pain any more, but keep hiccuping!! random i know, but wish they would go away. i would try the Water backwards upside down thing, but cant bend yet

sarah

You are so right , only the people on this board would understand this post! I'm looking forward to a less gassy me:)

Oooooooo...I'll have to use that one..."body noise"! :)

Hey Julia, did you ever get things rolling after your "Dear Julia" letter from Allergan?

Thanks for asking! I went to Allergan's site a second time and sought info and got a second "Dear Julia" letter. I wrote a snail-mail reply to the person who wrote me and haven't heard anything yet. The company's address is in Irvine, which is close to me, but the letter had been sent from somewhere with a ZIP code that begins with a 6, so who knows where the person is based. But that's pretty moot, because I had an appointment with my regular physician and it turns out he just got back from a seminar at Stanford about lap-band surgery and now believes it's one of the best things an obese person can do. And he thinks I'm a perfect candiate. So the insurance wheels are turning and I have an info seminar with my chosen surgeon next week. I want my band yesterday! :biggrin2:

My band date was Aug 1 and everything went well. I work about and felt very little pain but lots of pressure. I would the whole experience was great. My only pain is the pressure from the gas. I have been sipping hot tea and chicken broth. I have walked around my neighborhood and the local Walmart. Nothing is really helping at this point.

I have 4 very small incisions and 1 bigo one that is the port area. The port area is really sore - like doing 1000 sit ups - not that I know what that feels like:unsure:

I feel good for the most part and I can't wait to become a big loser:biggrin2:

Today is my 4th day after surgery. Felt great until today. I have horrible pain between my breasts. It will appear, then go away. On and off. Is this the horrible gas pain????? I hate it.

That sounds like gas pain alright. Walking is the ONLY thing that works well for me, though peppermint tea is another alternative if you're not up to walking yet.

Though I am also concerned about the fever you talked about in another thread. I think you should see a Dr about it, just to be on the safe side?

Yes - the glorious burps and poots of post up:tt1:

I took a 2 mile walk this morning and pooted the whole way thru the neighborhood. :)

I LOVE THIS THREAD! Not only is it cracking me up - but I'm absolutely thrilled to know I'm not the only one having a celebration when the gas gets passed hahahahahaha :ohmy:

By the way, on a slightly more serious note - I've noticed my "stuck" gas pains actually seems to be increasing some, not decreasing (I'm now working on my 3rd day post op). Is that normal?

I had my surgery on August 5th and stayed overnight in the hospital. So here I am having gas pains but in my shoulders. It feels like a knife. I have walked so much that I would think that it would be gone. I don't have an urge or a feeling to burp, would this help me? I walked around my house last night for an hour moving my arms around in hopes that the gas would get out. I am at a loss and the pain is terrible, other then that my abdomen feels okay just stiff. I think I will try the warm Jello tonight, Lord knows I have about 20 boxes of the stuff :tt2:

I had an overnight stay in the hospital, because my doc found two hernias and repaired them. The gas in gone today (5 day post op), and I really feel great today. I found walking to help the most. All in all, it was not a bad procedure. I have a little more pain at the one site, because that is were the port is and where a large hernia was repaired. It is so important to drink 64 oz. of fluids!!!

I am in the same boat as you. I had a hiata hernia repaired so they told me recovery would be more than normal. My biggest pain is in my right shoulder blade. It was horrible when I woke up from surgery and has eased down to a dull roar now.

I find walking is good. Big huge yoga breaths tend to make me feel better. tooting is about the best thing ever right now that relieves a lot of pressure.

I too love this thread.

GO BURPERS AND FARTERS! :tt2: