Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas, Gas and more Gas

I was banded on the 12th. I hae been using Gas strips since day one. The only time I have had gas is when I forget to take one.... They ARE WONDERFUL..... hope this helps

I throw gensoy powder into silk chocolate soy milk 2 times a day and that takes care of all the Protein. But when I am traveling I go to the whey bullets because you don't need a blender with them or anything. They are very convenient. I haven't tried any diet drinks like crystal light yet. That would make it taste better! so far I mixed the grape bullet with strawberry kiwi juice. (I work at a juice plant so it was on hand) and I mixed fruit punch with apple juice. They seemed alright then.

i just wanted to say that i was feeling kind of blah today. well- until i read this!! hahaha poots and burbs post-op!! yall are alll so funny. i guess ill know what yall are talking about pretty soon! congrats to all of you and im excited yet nervous about my time. cant wait to start the journey with all of you!

glitterfy221147T452D36.gif

my band date is 08-27-08

Gas glorious gas...

my doctor and nurses said that was the most important thing before i got to leave was to pass some gas...and i did, there was a white board in my room and when i let one out i wrote it down, my day nurse loved it...haha it was posted up there on the board for everyone to see..."passed gas at 5:12am..." haha:thumbup:

I try to remember that is most of the pain on the inside, and also having the digestive tract moving much slower than i an use to is also nice actually, i use to be a big IBS sufferer, and now it is all much slower...if ya catch my drift. and my first BM I felt much lighter and less pressure, can't wait until it all regulates, think i may invest in some of those gas strips, and I bet going back to work tomorrow will be good too...i work with about 26 guys and 4 girls...but no one is a prude or opposed to letting one rip in a confined space...so i am sure i'll take walks off the airplane but maybe it is my turn to clear the airplane... (i work at boeing as a body mech, build the forward section, basically the first class and cockpit area....)

cheers to gas!!:)

Yeah! Im finally banded! It was a success per the doc, I was up and walking around the hospital floor within 5 hours of surgery! I was able to go home the next day (yesterday). Im still having a bit of an issue with the immense pressure in my belly though... looks like Im 9 mos preggers! If I walk too much I find Im dizzy.... I guess I will take this first week down a notch...Im just so excited!!!

Not much hungry and am following the diet. Having a hard time drinking all the Water they want me to drink though....

Cant wait to get rid of this gas!!!!

:)

walking around will help you big time, it also loosens those muscle that ur doc just messed with, the best thing for me was the walkin...and don't wait that hunger will hit you and the silly broth diet and liquid diet will seem like ur starving...so i cheat a bit and give my broth a few corn chips let them soften up like crackers to give the broth some volume and i also mix in a bit of split pea Soup, helps fill that hunger bear right up...=D:drool:

i also noticed that i need those anti-inflams that has helped bring my pain lvl dwn...:thumbup:

I am just now reading this but if you are still having gas try warm Jello Water. It worked wonders for me after two c-sections and a gallbladder surgery. I plan on using after my surgery on the 29th. It helps with gas anytime. Just mix up the jello like you were making to put in fridge but drink while warm. Leslie

regular jello........or sugar free?