Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Exercise Challenge

My goal for August is to fit in some kind of exercise EVERYDAY. I am marking my calendar as I go. Even if I have a day that I don't have a lot of time I am going to make time. So far I have done the treadmill yesterday & today.

8/1: 60 minutes, 4.33 miles

8/2: 52 minutes, 4.01 miles

My class reunion is at the end of Sept. so I am super motivated right now!!

Today 1 mile brisk walk with resistance bands on arms. Stretching after for cooldown

8/1 - 35 minutes walking at 3+mph and 2.0 incline; AND 15 minutes bicycling @ 20+mph (5.5 miles in 15 minutes); AND 1 mile walking around the block (approx. 20 minutes).

Total - 70 minutes

8/2 - 25 minutes walking at 3+mph and 2.0 incline; AND 15 minutes bicycling @ 20+mph (5.5 miles in 15 minutes); AND 10 minutes on the elliptical at home after a day on my ass playing cards.

Total - 50 minutes

Yesterday was my mini triathlon. While I failed to finish the 1/4 mile swim (managed about half that distance), I made it through the 14.5 mile ride and 5k run in just under 1 hr 36 minutes. Nowhere near as good as others in the triathlon thread, but I'll take my lessons learned and be back next summer to do better.

Afterwards, I had a softball tournament. Ended up playing two games.

Today, legs are very sore. Day off. Back at the grind tomorrow.

Ceradad - Still a huge accomplishment; very proud! Great job!!

Updating my list:

8/1 - 35 minutes walking at 3+mph and 2.0 incline; AND 15 minutes bicycling @ 20+mph (5.5 miles in 15 minutes); AND 1 mile walking around the block (approx. 20 minutes).

Total - 70 minutes

8/2 - 25 minutes walking at 3+mph and 2.0 incline; AND 15 minutes bicycling @ 20+mph (5.5 miles in 15 minutes); AND 10 minutes on the elliptical at home after a day on my ass playing cards.

Total - 50 minutes

8/3 - 30 minutes bicycling @ 22mph (11 miles in 30 minutess) + 1.5 mile cool down; AND 15 or so minutes treading Water, moderate; AND 25 minutes (1 mile) walking around Town Square in Las Vegas.

Will also do 30 minutes of light stability ball work tonight.

Total - 45 vigorous + 25 minutes light to moderate (ball not included)

Today - 2 mile brisk walk about half of the 2nd mile was a slow jog. Resistance bands on arms and about 10 minutes of yoga after for cooldown.

Felicia-thanks for the kind words. I'm over the initial embarassment/beating myself. I look at it as an opportunity to learn and now know what I need to train for for next years tri. I'll make it next year for sure. I also look at it as at least I started it and did not give up after the swim. I finished it out and did ok.

This morning was 55 minutes on the elliptical. Tonight is upper body workout.

Count me in for 5 days a week cardio and 2 days of strength training.

Today was a 4.5 mile walk.

agree with felicia, ceradad - great accomplishment, just think how you'll do on the the next one. congrats!!

yesterday -

day off

today -

30min treadmill

20min bike

today

2 1/2 mile brisk walk and 1/2 mile light jog and about 10 minutes of arm exercises then light stretching at end.

today -

1.5mile bike warm up

50min trainer session - all cardio:

4 sets of the following:

*50yrd ladder drill

*30 seconds jump rope

* cone squats

* 10 push ups

*10 bicep curls w/resistance bands

* 10 shoulder press w/resistance bands

* 20 ab crunches

* 100yrd windsprint

**1 minute break inbetween the 4 sets**:thumbup::crying::thumbup:

2 laps of around the parking lot - because a treadmill in an airconditioned gym is just no fun:eek::lol:

ab circut

Today I did a 4 mile run/walk: 52 minutes, 515 calories burned.

Count me in! I have a countdown to my 36th birthday celebration..I have 46 days to look my best. I'm in for at least 5 days per week.

Yesterday:

15 minutes elliptical

30 minutes circuit

15 minutes bike

Need to up that cardio! I'm on it..thanks for the inspiration! I've never liked exercise..so keep the positive words coming!