Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Exercise Challenge

I'm new to this particular board, but am hoping to get a good competition and you all to help hold me accountable... so ---shall we begin?

I am going to exercise for 1200 minutes in August. ALso, I just bought a BodyBugg and it should be here anyday!

~Lori

exercise.png

i'm in -

tsdy & thursdy trainer sessions, plus 3 additional work out days.

trying to up my cardio & include more yoga.

thanks for starting,

lulu

Count me in! I plan on going at least 5 days a week. Hopefully this will keep me on track!

1. I will ride my bike at least 175 miles over the month, riding at least 4x per week.

2. I will walk 5 days a week, for an hour.

3. I will face my fear of the testosterone filled college students and to the weight room at least twice.

KY

I am in. I have been sick for the past week and my work schedule has gotten out of hand. So, instead of making excuses to myself for why I can't get the exercise in - I will be accountable to my fellow bandsters. :biggrin:

Zumba class 5 days a week :biggrin:

30 minutes each day on the elliptical

Walk the treadmill for 30 min twice a week during lunch

Count me in for another month.

55-65 minutes of cardio at least 6 days a week. Lifting 4 nights a week (except for my off week between lifting cycles, should be last week of August).

This morning was leg workout. No cardio today as tomorrow is my first ever triathlon.:biggrin:

Oh yes! Count me in. Just joined a gym 2 weeks ago. I will exercise 6 days a week.

Banded: May 27, 2008

Weight before band: 348 (pre-op diet)

Banded at: 321

Current Weight: 275

Down 73lbs. :biggrin:

Count me in.

I did... OK.... in July. I walked about a mile and a half every day in July, but the good, focused exercise sessions were more sporadic than I had hoped. The weekend in Chicago was amazing, 22 miles in three days, but while it was in the heat and humidity and carrying things around, it wasn't necessarily aerobic. I count it as good, but not as good as it could have been.

I am starting this month on the right foot and have workout plans for each of the first three days of the month.

My goals is to work out - not just throw some walking in - at least 3 days a week on a treadmill, bike, or elliptical. Walking every day will be additional, instead of the only exercise I get.

I will also add some yoga or pilates or weights at least 2 days a week.

Edited by FeliciaLevy75

Alright everyone!!! Well, day one and so far I have 60 minutes down! I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on weights. Great start everyone!

~Lori

exercise.png

I am sooooooo in :wink2:

Yesterday - 1 mile brisk walk

today ~

did a tag team with DH & our trainer for a duel session. ALL CARDIO~!!!!!

1hr - interval elliptical training / wind sprint drills / ladder drills / cone squats - please, my knees can't describe this:scared2:

then after all this he had us run 2 laps around the parking lot of our 24hr fitness....now this wouldn't be SO bad, but it IS Texas, and it WAS 102 degrees at 11am.

taking tomorrow off~

Wow! I can already tell you all are going to make me step up my game --- those are some killer workouts!

Today I spent an hour at a yoga class. I always feel like a sissy when I say Yoga, but my instructor kicks butt and it is a great workout!!! So, two days of working out in a row.

~Lori

exercise.png