Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded & Hoping to get Preg - join in!

Vala-Hang in there:redface:. This was the story I got from my OB/GYN also, but 5 yrs ago. I also have a sever case of PCOS. After being on Metformin (for PCOS) and Provera for 5 yrs and 3 rounds of Clomid, still no sucess in the baby department. So not until about 9 months ago did I finally let myself come to reality....I need to lose a serious amount of weight before my dream of becoming a mommy comes true:blink:. I am currently waiting on insurance approval to have the Lap Band. Atleast you are already looking into a weight loss surgery and not wasting time. There are some really good stories about people getting the Lap Band, losing weight and then becoming prego. Although, I have not had the surgery, I think its a wonderful opition for people like me and you:thumbup:.

Hello ladies---here goes my TTC story. I had a handsome boy 7 years ago, and getting pregnant with him was no problem. I have always been very irregular and I think I have always had PCOS but I was still young and was average weight so getting pregnant was easy. After having my son I did not take good care of myself and ate everything in site and sat around and did not excercise. Since having my son I have not been on any type of birth control and get my period about every 4 to 6 months. The PCOS was getting worse, I had all the sypmtoms and the weight was making things worse. My husband and I have been wanting to have another baby but after turning 30 last year I started to realize that I was getting older and not only with PCOS but age would be against me. I made many attempts to loose the weight and always failed. I finally decided to get the lap band and was banded on August 16, 2008 so far I have lost 30 lbs and my periods have become regular for the last 3 months. I went to see my Gyno, yesturday and he gave me clomid to make sure I ovulate. I still have so much more weight to loose but my Dr. said witht he 30 lbs loss should be good to begin TTC. I really hope that I can become pregnant soon. I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Hello friends! I am currently going bonkers in the 2WW (2 week wait: the period from ovulation/trying to get preg to the 10 or 14th day past ovulation, when you can hope for a positive preg test). I have about a week to go before I can test, ugh! I ovulated last friday, meaning the earliest I could take a test and hope/pray/obsess for a positive would be around Monday the 20th, but I wanna wait until at least the 22nd, which would make Auntie Flo a day late. So yes, going crazy.

On top of that, our friends bought us tickets for the amusement park tomorrow, I'm worried I should not be riding coasters if I'm trying to get a little egg to implant! Trying to google the risks of roller coasters while possibly 8 days pregnant, ha!

My weight loss has been completely at a stand-still for 3 wks now, I can't seem to hit 50 lbs! :smile: I admit I have been a little naughty, but c'mon! I guess I need to get my butt in gear.

How are all of you doing out there in the world? Pray for a +++++ test for me!

Hehe. When I took my preggo test, I put the stick ont he counter and walked away because I KNEW it was a false alarm, no way I was pregnant, not even a remote possibility. I took the test to shut others up about it. I started cleaning house, dusting the bedroom furniture... long time went by. I went back in the bathroom and saw a positive, so naturally it was just that I had waited too long and the test had "expired." It took 9 home tests + 1 doctor test to convince me I was actually pregnant.

It's kind of like fishing in that "when you least expect it" kind of way. There's a long story around my conception that I don't have the time to share right now, but the advice my parents received from their OB when they were TTC me: "Get her drunk." It seems there really is something to the whole "not focused on it" thing that works. :smile:

ejmdiva-Oh my, I thought when you posted the other day you were talking about a pregnancy test, but you were really talking about an ovulation test. Silly me:tongue2: everytime I read about someone hoping for a + test, my mind takes me straight to pregnancy:rolleyes2:. OK, so lets pray this one is +++++ too:thumbup:. Keep us updated!!

Hey everyone! Glad to find this thread. I have PCOS too and haven't been trying to prevent pregnancy for 5 yrs. In those 5 years, I only had a cycle when I took provera. During my 6 months preop diet (req'd by ins) I had a cycle without provera. Next thing I know, I'm finding a very faint positive on the test. Went through about a month of terrible HCG results... and of course, miscarried.

I was banded April 24th and have only had one cycle without medication since then. No BFP yet :-(. I too know the feeling of the many many negative test. Expensive and discouraging! We haven't tried Clomid yet but with me almost 31 and my DH 41.... we might have to break down and give it a try. We're just horified at the thought of multiples lol.

We'll all just have to keep trying.. knowing it will happen someday!

I look forward to hearing wonderful stories from all of you trying. Congrats to the ones that are carrying precious cargo now!

I'm 33, have had PCOS since puberty and have never used BC at all. Have been married for ten years and just had the lap band on 9/24/08. My ovaries look like grape clusters and I have been bleeding nonstop for over a year because I refused to continue taking he BCP's because I was gaining more weight.

I am wondering how many over 30 with advanced PCOS (hirsuitism, ovaries that look like grape clusters, and strange periods) have been successful getting pregnant naturally after lap band. Questions are as follows:

1.) Anyone 30+, banded, severe PCOS prior to band?

2.) How much weight did you lose before you became pregnant naturally?

3.) If not naturally, what treatments did you endure before becoming preg?

4.) Also, did you see a reproductive endocrinologist or a gyn?

5.) How much time elapsed between band and pregnancy?

6.) Anything else I should know? ...like what was tried and did not work?

I feel like my time is running out and my chances for Down's are increasing but I'm not sure what I should do...endure the fertility cycle or just wait a while and see if it happens naturally.

Thanks!

My doc has me taking 10mg of Provera for 5 days. I have not noticed anything except for some bloating and insomnia. What can I expect when it really "kicks in" so to speak? Have any of you taken this stuff before?

He told me that I needed to take this to "cleanse" me even though I am waiting to try to conceive until after banding. I have not cycled for 3 months.

My doc has me taking 10mg of Provera for 5 days. I have not noticed anything except for some bloating and insomnia. What can I expect when it really "kicks in" so to speak? Have any of you taken this stuff before?

He told me that I needed to take this to "cleanse" me even though I am waiting to try to conceive until after banding. I have not cycled for 3 months.

I take 10mg of Provera from time to time to start my cycle also. I try to do it at least 4 times a year. I have to take it for 10 days and let me tell you.. I HATE IT!!! It makes me very moody and angry! But it works. After several days from stopping it, my cycle begins. I can't remember how many days later - but I normally have a 5 day cycle ... HEAVY!! (Due to not having one in a couple months)

I was banded in April and took Provera in June to trigger it.. then in August I had my first cycle without provera in 5 years.... as of today.. I'm on my second cycle without medication. I pray it's all working it's way out so that it'll be normal again and I can get prego!

Because of my due date and the time they believe I conceived, it means I conceived on our 1 year anniversary in Jamaica. I was pretty hammered that whole time (so maybe there is something to getting drunk=fertile :tongue2: ) and I was on boat rides, jumping off cliffs, flying, scuba diving, dancing, eating all kinds of exotic and potentially dangerous food lol. My baby implanted despite all that.. what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger??

LOL fairy - i was just coming off of my Disney vacation (if you call a 15K run vacation) right before i conceived...

i was in the best shape of my life, but i, too, drank a bit while on vacation and to be honest, i went on those stupid teacups with my daughter no less than 10 times .. i think that shook some eggs loose... :Dancing_biggrin:

:confused:My Aunt Flo arrived today...I am SO SAD.:smile::sad::eek: Ok, ok..I KNOW we've only been trying 4 or 5 months. I KNOW this is normal for it to take awhile. I KNOW that obsessing is not healthy. But we were so good. We knew my ovulation dates and made sure to do everything right. I had the weirdest litany of funky symptoms this week that I just felt different, like maybe this was finally it. Breast tenderness (which I have never, ever had in my life) back ache, bleeding gums, all the funny little signs you start seeing. Exhausted and emotional, but also calm. To top things off, Flo always arrives in the middle of the night and is there to greet me when I wake, but it wasn't there yesterday or this morning, when it was due, so I felt strangely like maybe I wouldn't see her again for the next 9 months or so. Was hoping to take a test tonight and then after a few hours at work, I went to the restroom and Ta-Da, she's here...I'm very sad. This is getting hard because family & friends are starting to ask when we're gonna have kids and such. I have a few girlfriends who are pregnant. I'm thrilled and desperately jealous of them at the same time.

Please my friends, help me see the light at the end of this tunnel. I am emotionally exhausted and the only thing thats keeping me going is that I'm trying to have a sense of humor about this. (At least now I can have a few cocktails next weekend at our big Halloween party!) My annual checkup with my gyno is in December, so I will give it until then to try this naturally and then be asking her advice (if she's still there, not sure when HER baby is due :biggrin:)

Sorry to whine, I would truly appreciate any advice or words of wisdom. Mostly I just feel like I need a hug, digital or otherwise....so I'm reaching out.

I hope you're all doing better than I am.

Ejmdiva,so sorry to hear the news of Aunt Flo's arrival:sad_smile:. I know how you feel...I have taken more preg/ovulation test (4 yrs worth) than I can count and it gets real old seeing that big - (or in your case..aunt flo)!!! :biggrin: Here is a BIG group hug from all of us. Hang in there:thumbup:, we all need too, our time will come...Just not fast enough:frown:!!!!

:grouphug: I am so sorry that you didn't get your positive this month. But, hope is not over. Keep trying you might just need to loose a few more pounds and will get pregnant with no problems. I wish you luck....and I totally understand what you are going through.

Well, as for me my AF was due on the 16 of Ocotber....I know I know....it's late!!! But, I am really scared and I don't want to take a pregnancy test because of fear of it being a BIG NEGATIVE!! The last two months my AF came right on time, and now it is late. I don't know if it is my PCOS coming back to me. My breast have been tender for the past week, my ovaries hurt at times and I feel really bloated in the afternoon. But, I just want to give it a few more days before I test.

So wish me luck and I am hoping that the wait will be worth it and I get a BIG POSITIVE :pray2:!!!

Ejm- I forget how long you've been at this in general, but even if you do everything right, it can still take a while! The ultimate light at the end of the tunnel, is that if all else fails with your reproductive system, there's a ton of babies that would love to be adopted :)

We plan to have 2 kids, I wanted to experience pregnancy, but for the 2nd we plan to adopt. And whenever I think about the actual birthing part I get anxious and sort of wish I'd just decided to do 2x adoptions!