Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not full - Have I forgotton what full feels like?

I am waiting for that sweetspot. I am at 6cc out of 10. I go in for another fill in two days. I hate to say this, but last night, I has thin crust pizza and I was able to eat 2 pieces and I was barley full. I just don't seem to get as full as I would like to be. I know that lap band is still there and working because I can't drink anything after eating without getting sick. I was worried about stretching my pouch, but my dr's nurse said that as long as I was't eating to the point of getting sick, I prob haven't messed anything up. Have I forgotton what it feels like to be full?? Or am I just not full?? Any advice/comments would help me so much! Thanks in advance.:tt2:

I can so relate....i have a 14 cc band 4 cc was put in during surg and 2 cc since....just last week..and i feel like i'm starved...i know i'm not and i know its only my mind really. But i also had 2 slices of pizza last night but they were cut in smaller squares and i sure could of ate more. I'm still not what you would say full either....well not miserably full which is sort of what i'm use to...and yesterday i had a few chicken livers....and i drank some Water right after because i had put hot sauce on them.....and i think i'm not sure but i had sliming...it felt like i had to keep swallowing over and over and something was in my throat....i don'tknow...maybe it was just my mind...

Two questions…

1)How many pieces of pizza did you eat before the lap-band?

2)Although you may not have felt full like you used to when you ate more pieces of pizza, was your body satisfied with the two pieces you did eat?

From my own experience, I used to eat at least half of a large thin crust pizza, and I am amazed when I am able to eat only two pieces and feel satisfied. However, as I get farther out from my surgery date I do notice myself almost mourning the fact that I can not eat as much as I used to. food just tastes so darn good, I find myself trying to trick myself into taking more bites just to experience the joy of eating. I am not really hungry, but when I am eating something that I can not physically measure (like when we eat out), I will almost always over-do-it.

Anyway, two small pieces of thin crust pizza is a great thing if you used to eat half of a pizza like I did. Feel good about yourself.:tt2:

Thats funny that you put it that way because that is how i have been looking at the situation. I can eat a whopper jr combo from burger king..no bun....and before i ate a double whopper combo.....i used to eat 3 or 4 thick crust pieces of pizza now i'm only eating 2 small thin crust peices....every little bit counts...i just feel quilty...maybe because i'm not sitting down and eating a grilled chicken breast and celery or something....but thats my problem...if i can eat what i want but just a smaller amount i can satisfy the mind more..rather than eating a belly full of what i really don't want....i guess i'm making since here....

My entire problem is my mind. I want to please it to much. I still find myself eating when i'm not hungry...with the same mind set of .....well at least its not as much as i used to snack on.....and thats just not good.

I have not lost any weight in the past month and i feel it is because of this....mindset

I am waiting for that sweetspot. I am at 6cc out of 10. I go in for another fill in two days. I hate to say this, but last night, I has thin crust pizza and I was able to eat 2 pieces and I was barley full. I just don't seem to get as full as I would like to be. I know that lap band is still there and working because I can't drink anything after eating without getting sick. I was worried about stretching my pouch, but my dr's nurse said that as long as I was't eating to the point of getting sick, I prob haven't messed anything up. Have I forgotton what it feels like to be full?? Or am I just not full?? Any advice/comments would help me so much! Thanks in advance.:)

Thin crust pizza is hardly a solid Protein that would satisfy you like chicken or tuna etc... You could have added a small salad or a vegetable, cottage cheese or something with some "girth" to it to give you that fullness your wanting to sense without overdoing the pouch. I really notice the difference between certain food as far as feeling "full" when I eat what I think is the right portion. Pizza hardly ever satisfies me by itself.

Give it time. I know that sounds over-simplistic, but you will get to that point where eating two slices of pizza will be very difficult to get all down. I used to be able to eat pizza and a lot of other things that now, since I'm at my sweet spot, I wouldn't dream of eating.

I know you're probably impatient, but now is the time to focus on good, healthy eating and correct eating techniques. Your sweet spot will come -- don't worry! And when you get to it, you might not ever have that full feeling. Rather, you'll feel "I better stop eating right now!" Gone are the days when I feel that pleasant Thanksgiving-dinner-type fullness. Now, it's a balancing act between "not full" and "ate too much."

Give it time. I know that sounds over-simplistic, but you will get to that point where eating two slices of pizza will be very difficult to get all down. I used to be able to eat pizza and a lot of other things that now, since I'm at my sweet spot, I wouldn't dream of eating.

I know you're probably impatient, but now is the time to focus on good, healthy eating and correct eating techniques. Your sweet spot will come -- don't worry! And when you get to it, you might not ever have that full feeling. Rather, you'll feel "I better stop eating right now!" Gone are the days when I feel that pleasant Thanksgiving-dinner-type fullness. Now, it's a balancing act between "not full" and "ate too much."

This statement says just what I needed to hear!!!