Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay Seriously how much do you eat?

okay im hearing things like 1/4 cp of food 3x a day is what people eat. Im concerned cause geesh i can eat more than that. I eat probably 1 cup to sometimes 1 and 1/2 cp. Lets see how much everyone is eating at one time okay..Thanks:thumbup:

I'm with you. I can eat way more than 1/4 cup. However, I am still a band baby. (June 23rd), and I have not had my first fill. I hope that will help kick start my weight loss, and help with appetite and Portion Control.< /p>

I'm with you also. I can even eat 2 cups of food, healthy foods though like salad. I think when you hit your sweet spot is when you can only eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food at 1 sitting. Anyway, I hope that's the case! I go for my 2nd fill August 4, so I'll let you know if there is a reduction in the amount I can eat. Good luck on your journey.

What I can eat fits onto a small plate, the salad plate. I often eat the South Beach frozen entree and that is a normal size meal for me. I dont measure it out, just eyeball the plate. I can eat more for dinner than lunch, for some reason and there is no way I can have anything more than yogurt for Breakfast. I am no where near hungry in the AM.

I generally can eat anywhere between 3/4 of a cup and 1 cup of food. I have not had a fill yet (and don't intend to until the weight loss slows). I still to high Protein, low carb foods and tend to fill up quickly.

I was like that when I first got banded... I just had my 4th fill and am pretty restricted on what I can eat. In the morning I'm pretty tight, so I stick with yogurt or a shake. For lunch I have a tuna kit. About 4 hours later I'll have a snack (just a few crackers or fruit or something) and then dinner. Last night I had meatloaf, it was about a 3/4 cup, but I was stuffed. Now that I've had my fill, I can eat about 1/2 cup, but like I said, I do eat a snack between lunch and dinner. It's like my band can hold more throughout the day.

My surgery was on 5/5/08 and I have had 2 fills for a total of 2cc. My doctor only fills 1cc at a time. I have very little restriction and can easily eat 2 cups of food at a time. I am almost always hungry and have to restrain myself from eating all day long. I have not lost a single lb. since surgery,but am exercising and staying between 1100 and 1600 calories. I need restriction soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

300/258/200

H/C/G

i have 3 balanced meals per day (including carbs - complex), plus a snack or 2 (depending on how hungry i am). each meal is approx 1cup or 4oz, i try to stay around 1100 calories per day - this seems to be my target number for weight loss.

i could never live on a 1/4c 3X per day, nor do i want to be restricted enough that , that is all i could get in.

I eat MUCH more than 1/4 cup a meal, but my calories run right around 1,000 a day. I eat 3-4 oz of lean Protein and 1/2 cup of veggies for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is usually a high Fiber Cereal with berries.

Instead of focusing on how much you can eat compared to others, try focusing on eating what your doc recommends and then stop. Wait 20 minutes. If you're not hungry and your meals are lasting you 3-4 hours and you're losing 1-2 lbs a week, you're at the proper level.

Different offices have different instructions. Frankly, I don't have the "restriction" that I had right after surgery where the band literally stopped me from eating. I eat small amounts, I'm satisfied, I'm not hungry until my next meal. There's no hard stop at the end of a meal other than my own knowledge of what I should be eating.

I've averaged over 2 lb per week weight loss since surgery, so I'm right on track.

You don't have to eat 1/4 cup of food per meal to be successful.

You don't have to eat 1/4 cup of food per meal to be successful.

I agree. The 1/4 cup rule has always bothered me. I can usually eat at least 3/4 c at a time. There are days I probably eat about 1/2 cup at each meal, but I have 5-6 meals a day when I do that. I don't measure religiously so I sometimes estimate. 1/4 cup, 3x's a day, is not enough IMO.

I had my surgery 6 days ago and I'm starving all the time. I do limit myself to 1/2 to 1 cup of mushies and that satisfies me but within 1 -2 hours I'm starving again. Please tell me that once I get the first fill I won't be starving so much. I did lose 8.5 lbs since the surgery but I haven't lost anything in the past 3 days (haven't gained either).

Just be patient baby bandsters (suppose I'm more like an adolescent bandster LOL). I could eat a lot more than 1 cup of food at first. Now, after my 4th fill I have lots more restriction and am less hungry. Hope it stays around!!

I flat out refuse to weigh and measure my food. I eat what I can eat, then I am done. I don't eat alot. I am very careful about making good choices. Part of the reason for getting the band was that I did not want to be on a "diet". I fail at diets. I want to eat like a "normal" person and I can now. I love it!

But if you don't measure what you eat, aren't you afraid of stretching your pouch (especially during the healing phase)?

I am one of the lucky ones that had restriction right from the beginning. I had 3cc put in at surgery. From the get go, I have not been able to eat more than a few bites of anything. I found out quickly that I can't eat any rice, bread, Pasta, etc. I eat Protein, fruits, and vegetables and get full very quickly. I'm now at 6.25 cc and have excellent restriction. Overeating for me has very sudden, very nasty consequences (sliming, vomiting, etc.) so stretching is not a concern for me. I've learned to eat very slowly, chew like crazy and stop at the hint of full.