Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How does it feel?

I have had 3 fills (my last one yesterday) and I am up to 5cc's in a 9cc band. My first two fills didn't restrict me at all as I could eat the same amount of food as I always have. Lucky for me I had some willpower and was still able to lose weight. Well, after my fill yesterday I felt fine but this morning I feel "different". I don't feel a tightness in my band (which is under my left boob) but I feel a dryness in the back of my throat and I feel as if I can't take a big gulp of any kind of liquid. It's hard to describe but I would love some feedback from others about how they feel being "restricted".

I appreciate input from anyone. Thank you.

Hi Cheryl,

I was filled for the third time yesterday as well. Having the same results as you. Had to really watch what I ate cause haven't really felt restricted. Today, though, I could only eat a little bit of cottage cheese for lunch. Hopefully, this third fill is the charm.

Best of luck. Hope to talk to you soon.

Bander08 (Kim)

When you are well restricted, that is what it feels like. Gulping Water is no longer an option. It's probably what I hate most about this process - especially in the summer when I have a tendence to not always stay hydrated.

Can you still eat Protein if it's very mushy? Can you get in a 1/2c or so during a meal? If so, then you're properly restricted. Do you have any reflux? That's a good indication, too, if you're at the sweet spot.

Good luck - this is a great tool!

Well everyone, the "feelings" I had after my third fill have gone away and I am able to eat as I always have. Maybe the fourth time will be the one that makes a difference.

Thanks for everyone's response.

I felt really restricted the day I had my 2nd fill and then it went away. I can still eat almost anything, but I have to do it really slow and I definitely don't eat as much as I could after my first fill. But I am still getting hungry like 4 hours after I eat and I was under the impression that you would stay fuller longer. I don't know if I have hit my sweet spot or not, but I am hoping I lose some weight. The doc says that 4-8 pounds in a month is good, which seems managable.

My doc also says that you must be eating about 4-5 oz of solid foods per meal. If you are not eating solids, he says you could increase your chance for a slippage. He is really strict about eating solids. If you can't eat solids, then your band is too tight. IF you are having reflux, PB-ing/vomitting, or not being able to keep liquids down, you are too tight. Just what my doc says.

banded on 6/26/08 getting my first fill on 8/11/08. does it hurt at all when they stick the needle into the prt, my port site is still pretty sore hopefully it won't be by then. do any of you that have had fills notice that you are less hungry? it seems as though i can get anything through right now (but i never over eat anything) that will change once i get a fill right? how does the Dr. know how much to fill? do they numb the area before they fill??? any answers would be very much appreciated.

thanks!!:ohmy:

what does PBing mean?

PB-ing = productive burping. Some say it is the same as vomitting but from what I have read, you don't have stomach acid come up with the chewed up food. It is just what is in your pouch. I haven't done that yet and hopefully I never will. I don't know if it happens when you ate too much or if something gets stuck or both. Maybe someone can clerify that for me.

sorry iam so dahhhhhh how do you ad the ticker on you own ? help sorry i know this is a silly question ..

Hi Suziq, I actually came across a thread that went thru step by step instructions on how to do it. I can't remember all the details but here is what I can tell you:

1. Go to tickerfactory.com

2. click on weight loss (it is a little bit from the top of the page on the left hand side)

3. Then choose your ticker

4. then click next....it will allow you to pick your slider

5. click next

6. plug in the info on the next page

7. I think on the next page it will have a url or html code and I just saved that.

8. Then you have to go to user CP...from there I am not sure. My husband did it for me.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I am not very computer literate.

yeahhhhhhhhh i finally got it on there .thanks a lot :thumbup: