Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Few Tips From A Slow Loser - Now Past Goal -

Thanks for the info. It really helps to read how someone else has conquered the beast of hunger, even after banding. My only problem is I have a hard time swallowing , chicken, salmon, and tuna.< /p>

Kegra , so your saying that 75 g of protien is not to much if your not eating carbs?

I was told that 50 to 60 grams per day is the initial goal right after banding, then 75+. If you are concerned about 75grams being too much, then you can purchase a kit that tests for ketones, or ask your doc for a urinalysis to test ketone levels. If you are feeling great, then I would say you've nothing to worry about. If you start feeling 'off' to 'bad', then see your doc.

The "lap-band bible" that my clinic gave me says that cheese is just a glorified version of fat. Make sure you're smart with portion size and the type of cheese. Choose low-fat!

Other than that, sounds like good advice.

Thanks so much for the help I need to eat more Protein Iwas banded on 3/21 and only lost 17 pds i just got goog restriction on July 8 were Im lost 10 pds i have been so discourage i work out 4 to 5 days a week i notice the last couple of days i started eating the scale moves

Awesome, Mischievious!

This sounds so backwards, but it DEFINITELY works. I can't wait to hear more about your continued success.

Losing by adding - and not subtracting?

It's worth a try. It does work.

Thank you New Sho for posting. I was banded on 8/27/07 and plan on using what I learned in the first year to be successful in the 2nd year. I too was a bit of a slow learner. I am very happy you are at goal!! Stay in touch!!:w00t::biggrin:

Hi--

I'm still awaiting insurance approval but am investigating "how" and "what" to eat. Your post makes lots of sense. The only thing I've wondered about though is that so many have posted about Protein supplements...did you use those? It looks like you go all natural except maybe a half scoop in a smoothie.

Thanks,

Anne

Thank you New Sho for posting. I was banded on 8/27/07 and plan on using what I learned in the first year to be successful in the 2nd year. I too was a bit of a slow learner. I am very happy you are at goal!! Stay in touch!!:w00t::biggrin:

That's what I think is so great about the band, it seems no matter what stage you're at, if you fall off the wagon, you can regroup and it's right there waiting for you to recommit. Congratulations on getting back on the "band" wagon.

Great Post -thanks for the information. Great Job you should be very proud of reaching your goal!!!

Praise Jesus, what a wonderful, simple plan, I am going to use this method when my time comes. I hope to be banded after the first of the year,,,,i am dreaming of a new me.......

Awesome, Mischievious!

This sounds so backwards, but it DEFINITELY works. I can't wait to hear more about your continued success.

Losing by adding - and not subtracting?

It's worth a try. It does work.

I haven't been doing so great the last few days as I (do other's experience this much?) just feel like it's tooooo much work (or bother) to eat and so just take a bite of this or that throughout the day, but I KNOW i'm not eating enough...the down side is that I crave sugar in the eves, so I need to get back on track to lose these last two pounds so that I can enter Onderland.

On the plus side, I had a great self confidence booster NSV this am. I took my car in for service and as soon as i'm out of the van two very young handsome service men are right at my door to help me. I can't tell you how many times I was just invisible and they just let me wait for the young man I made the appointment with, later after one of the "hotties" helped me the guy who I was supposed to wait for tracked me down in the waiting area to "check in" with me....the expressions on their faces were the ones I remember from my skinnier days and if any of you know what i'm talking about (it's an appreciative look) there's no mistaking it for just plain good customer service. I'm seeing that happen more and more the places I go, customer service is improving!! I think it is just that I am NOT invisible anymore! I really like it. :rolleyes:

Mischevious, that's a great NSV! I know what you mean and I have missed that great customer service. I am looking forward to getting it back. It's amazing how the bigger you get the more invisible you become. I guess that means fat people become the proverbial "elephant" in the room.

Oh, you are absolutely right! Even when you go to department stores or whatever...you can definitely be overlooked when you are overweight.

So glad to hear you are so close to onederland!

~~anne

Thanks so much for your tips. I didn't get the band to be "on a diet" for the rest of my life, counting carbs, etc....I was sick of that. I want to eat what I want, just not much of it and feel satisfied. So far, I have lost 40 lbs (20 left to go) and I have been banded 9 months. I will try your tips!