Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Hi Everyone:

I'm getting banded on August 28th and I have purchased Unjury to up my Protein when I go on liquids. However I have a question to you. I am planning to order Isopure for the Clear Liquids phase after surgery. Does anyone recommend a particular flavour? I am leaning towards the passion fruit but I would like opinions from anyone who has used it. With the cost of the 12/case I don't want to be stuck with something I hate. Help!!:thumbup:

Thanks In Advance

I got my date of 8/26, I have been at this process since march. I was denied twice then approved, yeah!!!!!I will be starting my two week preop diet 8/12. I am excited an nervous. I am married to my high school sweetheart for 18 yrs, one daughter 11. Hope to get to know all of you.

Hi Everyone:

I'm getting banded on August 28th and I have purchased Unjury to up my Protein when I go on liquids. However I have a question to you. I am planning to order Isopure for the clear liquids phase after surgery. Does anyone recommend a particular flavour? I am leaning towards the passion fruit but I would like opinions from anyone who has used it. With the cost of the 12/case I don't want to be stuck with something I hate. Help!!:thumbup:

Thanks In Advance

Hi Lady, and welcome to the board! I'm getting banded on the 28th too :thumbup:

If you have a GNC or any other bodybuilder/vitamin store, check it out before you buy online. GNC sells the isopure and bullets in singles. I tried the isopure right in the store because they always have some in the fridge. Funny how I'm so used to buying sodas at the checkout at the market but now I can buy a drink from the same kind of display at the Vitamin store! I didn't like any of the isopure, but I LOVE the fruit punch New Whey bullets in my crystal light.

Lanakila

just thought i would check in today and see how everyone who got banded in past couple days are doing. im a little better today, trying to just go on the reg tylonal vs percoset. think my nabor is going to take me out of the house to the supplement store. it will feel so good to get out of the house.

funny that you said that. i'm trying no pills today and it's going well so far. and my friend is coming to pick me up and take me to her house or somewhere other than these four walls. i'm so excited! carry on my friends! we're doing it!!! woo hoo!!! and good luck to those who are just starting after surgery!

thanks lellow,

It is so good to know that it gets better everyday. I am surprised you get to eat food so soon. I cant have food until week four. The first three weeks its shakes and liquids. I cant wait to feel normal again. Did you have the fake birps? Krislyn

:lol:

Good to hear all went well with you Lisa b. I to have been getting up at 4-5am when the pain med wears off. I am looking forward to when I am able to sleep back in my bed. It is hard enough getting out of my chair in the livingroom, cant imagine the pain to try and sit up or get out of bed. I still have a tender throute, and some of the gas in me. Chest is still somewhat tight and imagine will need the pain meds for couple more days. all i want to eat is popsicles for my throute, but forcing myself to drink a shake, that will take me a hour at least to finish.

i am finding it hard to get all my meds in, with having to stager them threw the day and being tired from the pain meds.

im there with you flem, i havent slept in bed all week either. last night i did try the couch and it was good for awhile. i lay on my side with a pillow under my belly and back against the back of the couch, a pillow between my legs and i dont move :w00t: i looked a site when everyone came down this morning!!

Im trying only a small amount of tylenol today. im still a bit sore and belly is hanging with no tone at all. im just a gross site! My worst prob right now is weak legs. im a bit shakey and cant seem to build my strength.

Keep going August banders!!!!! If I can do it you all can too! We will be healthier and out and about in no time! :lol:

i was banded on monday and my list of liquids for today has V8 juice on it. I would love to have some but wonder if its too acidy for me? What do you guys think?

Hey, Everyone! Well I'm off the meds and feeling much better. I can just feel the gas in my stomach but, it never did you to my neck or shoulders thank God!

I was drinking the slimfast high Protein Shakes which only have 15 grams of Protein in them and the taste is nothing to write about! Well, yesterday morning I was going threw my pantry and got my whey Protein Powder out and I was so happy it's not expired, because I bought it a while ago. ANYWHO my doctor said I can put a half banana in my shakes so, I have to say I'm totally enjoying my shakes now, they taste great! And they have 24 grams of protein instead of only 15! I just thought I would share(:

Cutie - I am glad you are feeling better. I am feeling pretty good now that I have moved on to full liquids. Keep up the good work everyone.

just got back from supplement place. finally got my champion vanilla Protein powder i had been wanting. I am drinking it in warmish hot Water w/some surgar free apple cider mixed in. feels sooooo good on my throute. Also such a relief from having chocolate shakes all the time.

im still doing good with just using tylonal. think i am going to be brave and try to sleep on the bed tonight.

Hi all August banders. I was banded on August 4 by Dr Aceves in Mexico. When I had the surgery they also found a hiatal hernia (probably why I had such awful reflux) that they repaired. So today is post-op day #5 and I'm feeling really good. I'm drinking strawberry sorbet Unjury for Protein and crystal light. Not feeling hungry yet but sick of liquids already. I'm going back to work on Monday and hope things continue to go well. :lol: Good luck to all who have an upcoming surgery this month!!

Hi all August banders. I was banded on August 4 by Dr Aceves in Mexico. When I had the surgery they also found a hiatal hernia (probably why I had such awful reflux) that they repaired. So today is post-op day #5 and I'm feeling really good. I'm drinking strawberry sorbet Unjury for Protein and crystal light. Not feeling hungry yet but sick of liquids already. I'm going back to work on Monday and hope things continue to go well. :lol: Good luck to all who have an upcoming surgery this month!!

flem glad you got out. im sick of hanging out here too but my legs are a bit wobbly yet. i might try the bed tonight too. i would LOVE a good night sleep!

I have to say my family has been amazingly supportive and wonderful to me. i am sooooo blesses. today hubby is out with the younger kids to give me some quiet. i have to say i miss them lol!

ikalla i was banded on the 4th too! Im supposed to work monday too but im not sure if i can do it. im so sore yet and need more strength. we'll see.

Hi I seem to be retaining Water, I looks like it and my scale says so. I hope that when I see the nurse this week I can get a good answer from her.I am having gas pains in my left arm and my stomach. Also a bit of nausea also. The GAs X extra strength strips do help a lot. At least I have absolutely no appetite for anything which is good. Just my port incision is a bit sore but not too bad. The other incisions I don't feel much at all except a slight pulling feeling. NO real pain. I am going back to bed with my CPAP on and get a bit more sleep tonight.

Take care all

Pati

Edited by Shamrockgirl60