Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

flem- I did stay in the hospital overnight, but have pretty much been alone since getting home. My hubby left Sunday for his 2 weeks of annual military duty (I guess the 13 months they had him in Iraq doesn't count . . . .hahahaha). I have an 11 year old at home, but she's afraid she's going to break me or something, so I've been doing it all solo and I'm OK. I do believe that walking helps ease so many of the aches and pains. Hang in there.

im just getting more axious/nervous as the day gets closer, on top of the anxiety from my father being sick in the hospital. I have been up about 24hrs now with going up to the hospital after I got off work this morning to be with him for a few hours. The good side is I will sleep hopefully until the morning tomorrow changing my grave yard hours around for while i am off of work...The bad news is i will be up all at dawn until late with just going on liquids. I am waiting for the nurse to call for the pre-op stuff, wanting to ask/make sure i can have yogurt as well as shakes tomorrow and that i can take some tylonal pm tomorrow and before i go to bed this afternoon. Also, want to get an idea on how long i should expect to be in hospital before released.

hope everyones having a good day.

Great that your having your surgery done tomorrow fleminald, so sorry about your Dad that must be such an added strain on top of the surgery, I hope he gets better soon. It's hard when parents get sick. I am an orphan now at 60 Dad died in 1988 and Mom in 2005 I miss them both so much now that I am a Grandma for the first time and loving it. I wish you all the luck and congratulations for doing the surgery, it's a long road to get to it but I think it's well worth if from what I am reading here.

Take care

Pati

Got my call from the hospital. I am to check in at 8:45am surgery around 10:45am. They are guessing I will get released around 6pm at the earliest. I have been running around doing housework last night and this morning, almost done getting my house relatively clean. Off to the store to get some last minute items.

Flemindl...

Good luck,Good luck,Good luck!!! :biggrin2: Many prayers going up for you and for your Dad... will be thinking of you tonite and tomorrrow. Let us know how you are doing OK??

Stace

I will be banded on August 7th. I have been on my liquid diet since last Thursday. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I went to the hospital on Monday, and had blood work and also an EKG.

I am SOOOO Ready to get this new life started.

Good luck to all the August All Stars, and others making that change.

Good luck fleminld! I like a nice early surgery time - the doctors haven't had the time to get behind yet, everyone is fresh and awake, you've only had to starve since midnight ... :) I have 25 more hours to go 'til I find out what time I'm scheduled for, and the time can't pass soon enough!

Cheers,

Lisa

fivestar, I also am getting banded on Thursday the 7th. Best of luck. I am on my own diet. liquid's from Midnight tomorrow night till surgery sometime on the 7th will have to call tomorrow am for the time to show up on Thursday.

here it is 430 am here, havent really gotten any sleep, but figure i will be mainly sleeping for next couple days so will catch up. Drank to much Water before my cut off so lots of trips to the bathroom past few hours. We will be leaving the house here in an hour and a half or so. I think it will take us 2hrs with rush hour traffic to get to hospital.

Good luck to all my band buddies having their surgery today too.

Godspeed Flemind!! Let us know how you make out! I'm praying your Dad makes out well, just think how much better you will feel and your heath will be much better after all this in case he needs you:) Moe

Hey I am ready for tomorrow, have to be at the hospital at 11:00 am and operated on at 12:40 PM. I am lucky that I live about 15 minutes from the hospital. I am a bit nervous and don't think I will sleep that much, got some good mysteries at the library to read and will most probably read one tonight. I did have one treat today, one tiny little Weight Watchers ice cream sandwiches. LOL It was a treat for sure.

Eating nothing after midnite, just having Water to clean myself out.

best of luck everyone.

See you all on Friday when I'm home and can post my adventures in Lap Banding. LOL

Pati

it is thurs morning here 530am. I am banded. We got to the hospital yesterday at 8am and got released around 8pm. "tom" decided to start right before surgery at least this time i fit in the mesh underwear they gave me since i had lost weight. there was some concern reguarding my oxygene leve in my blood after surgery and my blood pressure for a bit. It just seemed like all i wanted to do was sleep though. I feel more alert this morning since i have gotten around 8 hrs of sleep with just a couple interuptions to go the bathroom during the night. they did give me some broth(ate half), orange juice and pediolite popsicle(ate half) i was able to get down with some Water. but right before leaving they gave me liquid codien that didnt agree w/stomach or made it to full, for i threw up the broth, so that was disappointing. I havent taken any of my pain meds since i got home, but am about to take one. just trying to finish a posicle to sooth my throute and then work on getting some water into me.

My father was able to leave the hospital yesterday, sounds alot better. I was so relieved that he is ok. Well im off to take some meds and maybe sleep couple more hours.

Edited by fleminld
lots of typos must be still out of it some from surger:)

Glad to hear your dad is doing better!!

And am also glad that you are doing ok with the pain or lack thereof! Hope you don't vomit anymore though!!