Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Eat Full Fat Products Such As

Thanks everyone.

I learned something new today.

Full fat has nothing to do with the band itself.

Thanks

All that fat free and low fat is poison. there are so many more chemicals in them it's not funny. They have artifical sweeteners in them which are extermely determental to your health and will sabbotage your weight loss. and a lot of them have hydrogenated oils in them which are trans fats which will clogg your ateries 10 times faster than saturated fats. I eat the full fat version all the time. As long it is in moderation it shouldn't be a problem. Like you can't go and slather on a tablespoon of butter on to your toast or anything just a dab will do ya.

Since carbs are the enemy for me, fat free stuff is a poor choice. They tend to replace the lost flavor in these fat free products with corn Syrup or sugar.

I do buy some lowfat items due to the fact that my husband, although thin, has high cholesterol. It can be pricey to try to accomodate both diet types, but in general I don't obsess over fat grams in my diet.

But dieting is not one size fits all, you need to look at your eating behavior and any health issues that you might have and figure out what is best for you. (cholesterol/heart problems watch fat, diabetes blood sugar problems watch carbs, all of the above find a healthy balance...)

Edited by Jodi_620

I have always used the full fat stuff. We eat so little food an extra 20 calories or so just doesn't matter. I like it better and when I was banded it went down easier.

Full fat products here!

Yogurt, mayo, butter, salad dressings, etc. ?

I've heard that lap banders should eat low fat but full fat always keeps me fuller longer and keeps my sugar levels more stable.

Just curious if anyone does indeed eat full fat products.

TIA

It is a suggestion and a suggestion only. You should stick to what is healthier for YOU. If that is full fat whatever, that is what you should eat. I'm sure your doctor would not be too happy if you had a bad reaction from not eating as healthy for YOU as you should or could just to save a few grams of fat and/or calories.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your personalized diet that was approved by him/her and/or your nutritionist.<o:p></o:p>

I personally do eat real butter. I hate margarine, won’t eat it – it’s full of garbage. The only difference is, I don’t overdo it, and I certainly do not use it everyday.<o:p></o:p>

On the other hand I do tend to choose the lesser fat versions of dressings and Mayonnaise. Only because I can’t tell the difference in taste personally and I might as well eat that one rather than the original because I'm saving on calories and fat grams. Again, I don’t eat these Condiments often.<o:p></o:p>

Good luck!!<o:p></o:p>

I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah once talking about all the fake fats and that our bodies don't know what to do with the fake stuff. I prefer full fat, can tolerate low fat, and hate fat free (tastes like plastic to me). I do have to say I have stopped losing and still have about 30% of my excess weight. I think I would have lost more if I had a better diet but I just can't seem to let go of some things.