Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi im Dianah and I have been married for 16 yrs, we have 2 children boy (15) and girl (11). my husband has been in the army 17 yrs . We are stationed in Fort Belvoir,Va but currently im in Fort Hood, tx waiting for our house to be finished on the 1st of August. I am also like some of the women here my bmi is 37.7 and unsure if tricare will approve me i have 3 comorbidites..my first appointment with my dr on the thursday and im just praying that i do get approved :thumbup:

Hi Dianah! Good luck...perhaps at the end of this week we will know if we are good to go!!:thumbup:

Hi to all of ya! I am Jennifer. DH is in the Navy, just hit his 2 year mark. He's stationed in Pax River, MD but I am at my home in Tucson, AZ (near Davis Monthan) He's being deployed the end of this year, and then he'll have 6 more months in, and will be switching his rate. He's currently supossed to be a police officer but is doing security work, and hates it. He wants to do something that is actually what he signed up to do.

Anyways, my surgery was a month and a few days ago. I feel wonderful. I too was worried about the what I wouldn't get to eat, or want to eat. But it's not been bad at all. I decided that I'd rather be happy about the way I look, be ok with going out in public and playing with my kids. I've always wanted to take my son down the slide or swing with him. Now I'm on my way to doing all of those things. My mom had this done a year ago and she's lost 117 pounds. When I talked with her about having this done, she told me she wishes this was something she could have done 30 years ago. I decided since Tricare covered it, I had no reason not to have it done. So here I am. I already have alot more energy and am excited to do everything I possibly can to work this tool to it's fullest!

Good luck on approvals and surgeries! I can't wait to see us all progress! :thumbup:

I am new to this forum stuff so I don't know if I am doing anything right!

My husband is on active duty with the Alabama Army NG. He went to the sandbox for 9 months in 1991 and went back for 12 months a couple of years ago. He has been in for 23 years but is not ready to retire so he may be headed back. I am different from most of you because although he has seen the world, I have been holding down his home town for 21+ years. We have a 16 year old autistic daughter and a 12 year old son. I have my surgery consult on 7/29. We are praying that his active duty orders will hold out long enough for me to get the surgery done.

I am looking forward to learning a lot from this group.

In His hands,

Chelle

Hi there, I'm Amie, 33, three children, stationed at Hill AFB, UT. My husband is an F16/F22 crew chief, weve been here way too long (8 yrs) and are trying to make our way to Tyndall AFB in Panama Cty FL. Weve been married just over 15 yrs and he's been in for 15.5 of those! This is so great!!

Hi everyone!

I am 35 yrs old, married 9 years to a NJ National Guard combat medic. 14 years now in military. 1st 4 were AD Navy and rest is NG reserves. This is his 2nd tour (just left 2 weeks ago) to sandbox. Actually right now he is in Ft Bliss TX and leaving in 5 weeks for Iraq.

No kids, 2 cats. I am approved, but not going through Tricare, his civ job still has us on their ins (i pay for it), but it is the absolute best ins.

Scheduling surg around 9-15.

Take care,

Michaele

Hi everyone! I am an Army wife of 10 yrs. My husband has been active duty for 12 yrs. We have 2 children a daughter 9 and a son 7. We are currently stationed at Ft. Lewis Washington and absolutely love it up here. I was banded on Jan. 30th 2008 by Dr. Sebesta..the best surgeon ever! I am excited to see that there is a military forum for us. I look forward to meeting you all

welcome all the new spouses, im glad to see this forum growing. for those of you who are about to deploy my heart goes out to you. my husband did 15 mths in iraq, his 365 days dwell time is almost up and they are slotted to go again. Sucks but damn we be proud wives right!! HOOAH!

Hi all,

I'm Meek. I'm an army wife for 13 years. DH has been in 24 years. We're stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany. I have 3 lovely boys and we love Germany. If any of you others get the chance to come overseas, do it. You'll never get an experience like this again. I'm hoping my band will be approved for me to see Prof. Weiner in Frankfurt. I definitely meet the BMI criteria and the number of years of being obese. :thumbup: (Can't wait until that word no long applies to me.) Pray that my road ahead is smooth. I have a friend here who Weiner turned down for the band. She has to do gastric b/c of scar tissue from c-sections. Anyone heard of this? I had 3 c-sections and that scares me.

Take care all!

Hi all,

I'm Meek. I'm an army wife for 13 years. DH has been in 24 years. We're stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany. I have 3 lovely boys and we love Germany. If any of you others get the chance to come overseas, do it. You'll never get an experience like this again. I'm hoping my band will be approved for me to see Prof. Weiner in Frankfurt. I definitely meet the BMI criteria and the number of years of being obese. :thumbup: (Can't wait until that word no long applies to me.) Pray that my road ahead is smooth. I have a friend here who Weiner turned down for the band. She has to do gastric b/c of scar tissue from c-sections. Anyone heard of this? I had 3 c-sections and that scares me.

Take care all!

Hi Meek! I too had had (2) C-sections, a hysterectomy and gall bladder surgery. The gall bladder surgery left a nice 14" scar across the upper part of my belly. The surgeon said that it might have lots of scar tissue and be hard to do the surgery if there is but he was able to get in there, successfully do the surgery and also removed scar tissue. If the surgeon is highly skilled then I don't see why it can't be done.

Best of luck to you in your Lap Band journey!

Hi everyone! I'm Gina, I'm thirty, I have a four year old daughter, and my husband is stationed at Ft. Hood.

I'm at Fort Hood as well!:tt2:

Melissa

My name's Melissa, I'm 25, no kids but a dog and 2 cats who think they are. :tt2: Husband is active duty Army, EOD, we're stationed here at Fort Hood, Tx - and the only perk is that we're only 4 hours from East Tx where we're orginally from. Husband has been in for 7 years (4 we've been married), after his 2nd and final deployment in '05 he was diagnosed with PTSD. We're now getting out of the Army before the end of this year and going back to civlian life.

Got approved for the surgery at the end of June and scheduled for it to be done August 27th.

Melissa

Hi! I'm prior enlisted, currently Civil Service and my husban is AD Air Force. We are currently stationed at Dyess AFB in Abilene, TX. He and I met at Malmstrom AFB, MT and have been stationed at MacDill AFB, FL and Fairchild AFB, WA. I have one human child and two canine children. I was banded on 2 July and I've been doing great so far. I'm scheduled for my first fill on 14 August and to be honest, I'm a little bit scared.:teeth_smile:

Hi Emmie! We were stationed at Fairchild too...I loved it there. We are now at MacDill.

Don't worry about your fill, it will be so easy! I was worried too and it was over before I knew it started.

How are you doing with your weight loss so far? I was banded June4th.

Robin

RobinNGabster@aol.com

Even though you are on the borderline with the weight, the comorbodities outweigh that and you should be ok with Tricare on that. You should be good to go. Best of luck to you Gal.